Category 8 vs 9

PaisleyPie

Earning My Ears
What is the difference between a category 8 stateroom and a category 9? The rooms seem identical, but the cat 8 cost $100 more. Thanks!

They <b><i>are</i></b> identical. The only difference is location. The 9's are on Decks 1 and 2. The 8's are on Decks 5, 6, and 7.

For what it's worth, we had a Cat 9 and thought it was great. We had no problems with our location. It might have been nice to just hop up the stairs to the buffet in the morning, but on Deck 2, we never had a problem with the elevators being full when they came for us :)

Also, looking out the porthole, it seemed like we were near the water... like being on a sailboat looking out over the water. I know from Deck 9, you could tell you were pretty high above the water.

Julie

Just an FYI, but the Cat. 9's on Deck 1 have two small portholes as compared to the one very large porthole in the others. I'd definitely go with the larger porthole. Other than that I'd say save the $100 and book the 9.

Michele

Thanks for the info.

We are booked on our first family cruise in a cat 9 on deck 2 (2024). I will just have to find some way to spend the savings...perhaps the spa!!!

PaisleyPie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter