Castaway Cay Cabanas Booking Questions

disneyeverlasting

Earning My Ears
I’ve got a couple of questions about booking a cabana. I know they are very hard to get, but if you are able to book one, do you choose how many people will be using the cabana at the time of booking? Also when do you receive the wristbands that show you have booked a cabana?

When you book, you simply book the cabana. Everything else, including getting charged more for extra guests, will be handled onboard by the Concierge team. They’re the one handling the cabanas, whether you are sailing Concierge or not. I don’t know how they’ll contact you if you are not since all our cabana bookings were done while sailing Concierge. For example, you can ask Them to split the price which ever way across multiple staterooms, in the case you are sharing the cabana.

You get the info package, including the wristbands but also the price structure, the island map, the cabana instructions and maybe a buildable paper cabana the day before CC day in your stateroom.

You do get wristbands. The day before in your cabin. As stated, the concierge team handles the cabanas. I am sure they will be in touch to provide the correct number You can also check with guest services to get a message to them if you have additional questions. Your snorkel equipment and bike rental are included with the rental. The wristbands provide you access to those. I am not sure those cute, paper build-able cabanas are given out anymore. But they were a nice keepsake.

is it still true that you basically have to be concierge to even have a shot at a cabana? (Wish Sailing)

is it still true that you basically have to be concierge to even have a shot at a cabana? (Wish Sailing)
Yes. Unlikely to change until/unless they add more Cabanas.

The wish has 76 Concierge cabins (double that of the Fantasy or Dream).

There are 27 cabanas.

Even if 1/3 of Concierge cabins want them, they are all gone (And at Concierge level staterooms, they are more likely to be able to afford them too).

After that, the Platinum cruisers get a bite at that apple.

And I'll also add that my understanding is that a couple Cabanas are kept in reserve for Concierge guests who are booking later too.

Even if 1/3 of Concierge cabins want them, they are all gone (And at Concierge level staterooms, they are more likely to be able to afford them too).

Thanks for the reply. It truly helps answer my question.

But I would challenge you on the above statement. Many people would forgo concierge and spend that money on other things. Questioning what others can and can't afford is pretty short sighted.

Yes. Unlikely to change until/unless they add more Cabanas.

The wish has 76 Concierge cabins (double that of the Fantasy or Dream).

There are 27 cabanas.

After that, the Platinum cruisers get a bite at that apple.

And I'll also add that my understanding is that a couple Cabanas are kept in reserve for Concierge guests who are booking later too.
We were in concierge this past December on the Dream and was able to book a cabana. But with said, I did ask this same question to one of the concierge members and they told me that they do not hold back a few. I don't know if that is true or not, but just passing along what she told me.

We were in concierge this past December on the Dream and was able to book a cabana. But with said, I did ask this same question to one of the concierge members and they told me that they do not hold back a few. I don't know if that is true or not, but just passing along what she told me.
It’s usually 16 and 17. It’s easy enough to find out for anyone with the ability to currently book excursions on CC. 17 hasn’t been available to book for many years and simply doesn’t show up in the CC excursion list. They removed the ability to book 16 after it was taken offline for a while after a hurricane and never brought it back. Maybe they recently changed that policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter