Cass & Rob (no Kira) - Bright Suns, Rising Moons, 'Til the Spires!

I can't believe you got to ride RotR by yourselves!!! You guys are having SOME LUCK this trip :rotfl2: Jelly!

What a packed day, I feel like you got about 10,000 hours worth of park time in in one day AND a stop at Keke's :thumbsup2

Rob definitely looks like a kid in a toy store building his droid, how fun! And it has it's own carrying case....WE FANCY ::yes:::laughing:

I know, right?? It was surreal!!! :rotfl2: :worship:

Gosh, we really did cram a lot into those first two days!! I keep saying we need to take breaks everyday but it's so hard for me knowing how much we can fit in. :laughing:

Tell me about it!! They are really prepared to sell crap to people like Rob. I mean, he's going to be using that droid backpack everywhere, right!??? :rolleyes1 :tiptoe:

I feel like I was there with you. I love your perception of this. I was at St Pete Beach this weekend and we took a road trip over to Disney World. We didn't have time to hit the parks but we did tour the new resorts and OMG are they beautiful. We also were able to ride the Skyliner which I think is a great addition to transportation options. I can't wait see how warm they get in summer because it was a little chilly this past weekend. But I toured the Gran Destino based on your review and it is jaw dropping. I had a mocktail at Dahlia Lounge and got a glimpse of Galaxy's Edge. Super duper excited. Thank you!

Oh yay!! I am glad you went and super glad you agree with me that it's just gorgeous there!! :cool1:

How fun that you were able to just pop over! :worship:

I am amazed at how much you managed to pack into that day! Seemed like you guys really enjoyed it, Rob seemed like a kid in a candy store! So many beautiful pics you took but I have to say I just love those sunset pics in Epcot, the colors are just amazing!

I agree with everything you said there! ::yes:::lmao: :hug:

:wave2: Stopping in quickly to say Hi and I'm following along. So far...it looks like it was a great trip!

I love those pictures of Rob with the light saber!!!! Honestly the pictures so far have been amazing!!!! I can't wait to see more!

As for that site you found where people bash others...WOW...and we wonder why bullying still such a problem :sad2: I'm sorry you had to experience that. And that people feel they can act like that behind a screen...That really tells you what kind of person they are. The fact that their life is sooo sad that they feel the need to bash people to make their life seen better is just pathetic. So if your reading this...your a pathetic person. What you put out into the world comes back to you. Karma can be kind or a *****...just remember that

I'm glad your writing your report!!! It will be helping me plan a trip for next year...and I will be needing lots of ideas and information!!!! So please keep writing your reports!!!!!

February 12th, Part 2

It was a scorcher today and our throats were sore so when we found out our FP was delayed, we both had the same idea...

460.jpg

This was a coconut/pineapple combo. They couldn't swirl it but they were able to do coconut on the bottom and pineapple on the top. I can't tell you how good this felt on our throats! :worship:

461.jpg

The park was super busy and the lines were soooo long so we decided just to head over to Tomorrowland for our Space Mountain Fast Pass.

Rob snapped a pic of me on the way. I changed my shirt to match the park. :rolleyes: Kidding, I changed it because I got my white shirt dirty, which is why I almost never wear white. :rolleyes2

462.jpg

New Tomorrowland sign...the first time I saw it in person, last week, I actually totally missed the wording on the top. I think they should have made it bigger. :rolleyes1

463.jpg

Space Mountain is always fun. :woohoo:

464.jpg

What else to do?? Hmm, Peoplemover is always a good choice when the park is busy! ::yes::

There was a big line for it though because one side was not working so everyone was walking up and down the other side. I saw a lot of people struggling on this, it's pretty steep when you are walking it, especially going down.

Note the boys in the orange shirts...more on that later. ;)

465.jpg

We got to see a close-up view of the Tron construction...

466.jpg

And then we came around this corner, after coming out of SM and we stopped. We ended up being stuck there for a good 20-30 minutes! They didn't say what happened but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with those boys in the orange shirts. When we first got on the ride, they wanted to sit next together in two vehicles but one of the ride vehicles was down and had orange cones in it but they tried anyway and the CM was yelling at them to take the next one. They were putting up a stink about it but eventually got in the next one, obviously not happy about it. I didn't really think about it until about two hours later when we had stopped for a break in Columbia Harbor House on the upper level. One of the parent chaperones (in an orange shirt) was pacing back and forth, on the phone, right next to us and we overheard part of his conversation. He was talking to the parents of a boy who was clearly in a lot of trouble. He had done something bad! He explained to the parent that security had told him that if he had been 18 or older, he would have been banned from the park permanently. :scared: We had missed the first part of his conversation but he did say this happened about two hours ago, which was about the same time we were stuck on Peoplemover. Eventually, the kid came upstairs and ended up talking to his parents and he looked pretty shook up.

I felt bad for the kid, looked like he learned a lesson the hard way. :worried:

467.jpg

By then, I needed another pit stop so we headed over to the bathrooms near Star Traders and I found the best invention ever at a theme park! It looks like a light system but it's just a little plastic contraption that holds another little piece of plastic that is green on the left side and red on the right and when the door is closed, it pushes the little piece out so that you only see the red part and when the door is not closed, you can only see the green part so that it is SUPER easy to tell which stalls are occupied. If you are a woman and you've ever had to use a bathroom anywhere in a Disney park, you will know that a system like this is 100% needed!!! :worship:

I have the bladder the size of a three-year-old girl so I visit a lot of bathrooms and in almost every instance, there is a long line and oftentimes, there is no need for one! It's just that the women in front of me don't see an open door so they line up. I am always the one who is bending over to check for legs and then telling the women in front of me to go ahead, that one is empty...this one is empty.

I don't know why people inherently want to stand in line but I know I don't, especially when I have to pee so I am always checking! A couple of days ago when I went to the bathroom in Galaxy's Edge, there was a line of about 5 women in front of me and I knew from experience that this bathroom is huge and has so many stalls, some around the corner, so after telling them there were more stalls, and them not moving, I went over to the empty side (yes, the entire side of stalls was empty!) and checked for feet and then literally motioned each woman that had been in front of me, by opening the stalls for them to see it was empty, to go!! By the time I got into the stall myself, ladies behind me were thanking me and two seconds later, no line! :rotfl2:

You guys don't have the same problem, lucky you. :rolleyes1

468.jpg

We stopped to watch some of the parade...

469.jpg

Only because we couldn't get across the hub in order to get this...:p

470.jpg

Man, it felt so good on the throat, not to mention the fact that it cooled me down! I was letting it melt super slowly in my mouth just to make it last as long as possible. :lmao:

Next up was our FP for Haunted Mansion...

This photo, by the way, is the perfect example of why I love Rob's phone because I was wanted the entire carriage with ghost horse in the frame but my camera was not able to do that so I stole his phone. :p

471.jpg

We were cut off just as we approached the door, which I was totally okay with because I got a pic of this sign that I don't think I've ever even seen before...

472.jpg

And then when it was our turn, Rob was able to get a pic of the fireplace, something else I've never gotten a pic of before! :cool1:

473.jpg

They have some cool merch at Memento Mori...

474.jpg

Rob was getting a little peckish so we stopped at Columbia Harbor House and grabbed a spot on the second level near the window. This is usually a nice quiet area if you need a break from the crowds and noise and there's even a small bathroom up here. We camped out here for a bit so I could cool down, so Rob could eat and so I could charge my phone. This is when that chaperone was having his conversation on the phone.

475.jpg

I suggested Rob get a kids meal as he wasn't too hungry and I didn't want anything at all. It ended up being the perfect size for him. :thumbsup2

476.jpg

After my phone and I were recharged, we headed out again. It was so busy though and neither of us wanted to wait in 40-80 minute lines for attractions. We popped into Mickey's Philharmagic, which was good but there was a baby screaming right next to me the entire time so I was a little frazzled by the time it was done. :scared:

We had to do our online check-in for our flight tomorrow soon so we found a spot to sit to get that done. Probably the best view I've ever had doing my check-in, I think. :love:

I was telling Rob that PVH is one of the places in the MK where I have very strong memories of being there with my family as a kid. As a family with two parents and five kids, we ate cheaply and Pinocchio's always fit the bill back in the '70's. ::yes:: I never go there to eat anymore but we often take a break there, especially when the second level is open and I love that it connects me with my parents, who have been gone for 22 and 11 years, respectively. 💞

477.jpg

By then, we were ready for a nice twilight ride on a mine train. :cloud9:

478.jpg

The FP line was quite long but it had started to cool down finally so no worries about me being stuck in the hot sun. I don't mind waiting but just not in the sun/heat because I am scared of overheating. Overheating for me can ruin an entire day, or two sometimes. :crazy2:

479.jpg

We walked through the castle, just because we could. :flower:

480.jpg

482.jpg

I peeked in at BBB to see if I could see my friend's daughter, who works there but I didn't see her so we carried on...

483.jpg

484.jpg

I love this part of the day. :love:

485.jpg

The light is so gorgeous! 💜💛💙

481.jpg

486.jpg

Rob wanted a coffee and I wanted cheeseburger eggrolls so I mobile ordered him a coffee from Columbia Harbor House where he went to get us a table and I got these...

492.jpg

One of the 13 lanterns on the Liberty Tree was out! What the heck, Disney!! Get that fixed! 🇺🇲

493.jpg

We sat upstairs again at CHH for awhile. Not much to do with such a busy park and no FP's left. Oh wait, we found something to do. :rolleyes1

494.jpg

We almost bought a fourth one too just because it felt and tasted so good but instead we went and camped out on Main Street and waited for Happily Ever After and chatted with Kira.

Actually, we almost got in the line for Pirates but it was 40 minutes and I wasn't feeling like standing in a line for that long at the time. I really wanted to ride Pirates, after all, how do you go to MK and not ride Pirates but I was kind of done. 🥴

We watched from the middle of Main Street so we could make a quick exit.

487.jpg

488.jpg

489.jpg

490.jpg

491.jpg

There was EMH for MK tonight too but there's no way we were making it. It had been a long few days and with our colds, we were feeling it. Tomorrow would be a very long day so we needed to get some extra rest. :faint:

I will be done with this trippie tomorrow because I hardly took any photos the next day and can easily finish up in one post. 8-)

Last edited:

February 13th

I will warn you now this is going to be the shortest chapter ever! :rolleyes1

We had gotten a late check-out, which was great because the extra sleep was very welcome!

Rob took some Tylenol Cold and asked me if I wanted some. I normally don't take anything for a cold because I often react badly to stuff but since our flight wasn't leaving until 6pm, I figured it might help me get through my day so I took some daytime stuff. Boy was that a mistake! :scared:

I did NOT react well to it at all! I felt loopy and not myself! o_O

We finished packing up our stuff after we showered and then said goodbye to Coronado Springs. Saw this very cool bus on the way out...

497.jpg

It had Galaxy's Edge on it, how perfect! :goodvibes

498.jpg

We told Lauren we would be stopping by one last time today so she told us to sit in her section. We were sad not to be having Keke's anymore. :sad:

499.jpg

We then stopped at Publix, this was the third time I stopped at that Publix in 5 days to load up on throat lozenges. :rolleyes:

We then headed to Disney Springs and would you believe I didn't take a single photo!? :earseek:

Yeah, that's how great I was feeling! Honestly, it's kind of fuzzy what we did, I don't remember it all. :scared:

I know we went into Marketplace Co Op because we got a gift for the family that was watching Kira and I know Rob got a Dole Whip because I remember it feeling really good on my throat but apart from that, I don't remember anything else. :confused3

We gassed up the car on SR 535, just before heading onto Osceola then we made a stop at a Cheddar's that was close to the airport to grab some food for the flight.

Heading back to the airport from Osceola onto N. John Young Parkway, we came across this crazy intersection :crazy2:

503.jpg

We returned the rental car, checked in at Westjet, dropped our bags and then headed for security with TSA pre-check. We found our gate, grabbed some water and waited for our plane to board. Our plane was there but our gate was occupied so it sat there for a good hour before people got off. This made us about an hour late heading home.

500.jpg

We got to watch the sunset while we were taxiing.

501.jpg

We totally lucked out with our seats as this was one of Westjet's new planes and it had extra leg room in the seats directly behind the Plus seats. This was a very welcome bonus. I napped right away while Rob ate and then I woke up and nibbled on my food while Rob napped. The five and a half hours went by relatively quickly. :goodvibes

502.jpg

By the time we landed though, we were much worse for wear. My ears were a mess and they didn't pop for about a week or more after the flight and even now, they still don't feel 100% yet.

Our colds were just in our throats in Florida but by the time we got home, it had moved down to our chest/lungs. We both ended up at the ER four days later because we were having problems breathing. Thankfully, just some upper respiratory stuff going on and no flu or pneumonia. We are actually both still sick but slowly recovering, feeling slightly better each day.

This has been the worst cold we have ever had! It will be four weeks tomorrow for me :eek:

Kira has been wonderful and has done extra chores for us, like shoveling snow and emptying the dishwasher, when we weren't able to. Such an awesome kid! :love:

It's all been a learning experience and despite being a little sick, we had the best time and we're so glad we went! ::yes::

I will post here when I am done the trip video. Not sure when that will be but soon, I hope. :thumbsup2

So, that wraps up another trip report. Thanks SO VERY MUCH for reading along, for posting replies, for all of the very kind words and for letting me share our journey with you all. :goodvibes

:disrocks:

It will be a very long time until I write another trip report, probably (and hopefully 🤞🤞🤞) our Christmas cruise will be the next time I am able to share our adventures with you.

So until then...

wavesmile.gif

Wonderful TR!! Thank you for sharing your adventures!

I leave tomorrow for my "coronavirus cruise". LOL! Got an upgrade to a suite since folks are cancelling at a rapid rate....
As long as we aren't quarantined (DD can NOT miss 2 weeks of college), all will be fine!

:wave2: Stopping in quickly to say Hi and I'm following along. So far...it looks like it was a great trip!

I love those pictures of Rob with the light saber!!!! Honestly the pictures so far have been amazing!!!! I can't wait to see more!

As for that site you found where people bash others...WOW...and we wonder why bullying still such a problem :sad2: I'm sorry you had to experience that. And that people feel they can act like that behind a screen...That really tells you what kind of person they are. The fact that their life is sooo sad that they feel the need to bash people to make their life seen better is just pathetic. So if your reading this...your a pathetic person. What you put out into the world comes back to you. Karma can be kind or a *****...just remember that

I'm glad your writing your report!!! It will be helping me plan a trip for next year...and I will be needing lots of ideas and information!!!! So please keep writing your reports!!!!!

So glad you posted :goodvibes

Thanks for letting me know you're enjoying it. :hug:

I 100% believe in Karma, the good and bad. ::yes:: :thumbsup2

Beautiful pictures!

Thank you :flower3:

Wonderful TR!! Thank you for sharing your adventures!

I leave tomorrow for my "coronavirus cruise". LOL! Got an upgrade to a suite since folks are cancelling at a rapid rate....
As long as we aren't quarantined (DD can NOT miss 2 weeks of college), all will be fine!

Thanks so much!! :flower:

I wish you luck and lots of fun!! :cool1: :boat:

As always, another awesome trippie, Cass, Thanks so much for sharing this one as well as all the others. :lovestruc :flower1::lovestruc

Thank you for another awesome report. Don't let the turkey's get you down :hug: my mom had a coffee mug with that saying on it :love:

Sounds like you had a great weekend even though you were sick.

I had never heard of Keke's but it looks so good. I said to my husband we should go, but I realized that there is one near my FIL's house. So if we have have a free weekend maybe we can meet him for breakfast.

I haven't been on the DIS in years (at least 8, I would say). I am slowly making a comeback, mostly lurking but when I saw your name come up I had to join and follow. I remember you and your family from all those years ago and I went to your previous report from 2019 to look for a picture of Kira. Oh my gosh I cannot believe how big she is. I have a little girl now (Ava) and she turned 8 in January. I look forward to catching up on this report and going back to read some of you others from over the years that I have missed (hopefully I don't sound like too much of a crazy person).

I can't even remember what I was going to say because your photos of your last full day are GORGEOUS AND STUNNING!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

So I wonder what Orange shirt boy did that was so awful he might have been permanently banned had he been an adult :scratchin

I'm so sorry to hear of the dreadful colds and such you came back with and that you are still feeling the affects. Yikes. Not a great way to end the trip, but thankfully it WAS mostly at the end (and no fun homecoming either).

I'm glad you didn't let those haters stop you. I love your trip reports. They gave me a whole new perspective on how to do theme parks. I always thought you had to go hard core from open to close to get all the stuff you want to do; rather than to plan and take advantage of fast passes. My kids love your trip videos they already have a goal list of things they want to do when we finally make it to the parks.

Thank you for another awesome report. Don't let the turkey's get you down :hug: my mom had a coffee mug with that saying on it :love:

Awww, your Mom is awesome :flower3:

Thanks for all your support. :hug:

Love, Love, Love your trip reports!!!

Awww, thanks so much!! I love your replies. :flower::hug:

Sounds like you had a great weekend even though you were sick.

I had never heard of Keke's but it looks so good. I said to my husband we should go, but I realized that there is one near my FIL's house. So if we have have a free weekend maybe we can meet him for breakfast.

Ooohhh, lucky you!!! We would probably move to Orlando just for Keke's. :rolleyes::p:rotfl2:

I haven't been on the DIS in years (at least 8, I would say). I am slowly making a comeback, mostly lurking but when I saw your name come up I had to join and follow. I remember you and your family from all those years ago and I went to your previous report from 2019 to look for a picture of Kira. Oh my gosh I cannot believe how big she is. I have a little girl now (Ava) and she turned 8 in January. I look forward to catching up on this report and going back to read some of you others from over the years that I have missed (hopefully I don't sound like too much of a crazy person).

Oh wow!! Well, thanks for posting and letting me know! :thumbsup2:cool1:

Yeah, she's grown a little, eh? :rolleyes1

Hi Ava! :wave2:

I can't even remember what I was going to say because your photos of your last full day are GORGEOUS AND STUNNING!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

So I wonder what Orange shirt boy did that was so awful he might have been permanently banned had he been an adult :scratchin

I'm so sorry to hear of the dreadful colds and such you came back with and that you are still feeling the affects. Yikes. Not a great way to end the trip, but thankfully it WAS mostly at the end (and no fun homecoming either).

I want to know what he did too! :earboy2: I am guessing that he tried to climb over to the other car. :scratchin

Yes, I am so thankful for that too! Just mild colds while we were there, thankfully!!! We are still sick if you can believe that! I am afraid to cough when I go out for groceries now. :scared:

I'm glad you didn't let those haters stop you. I love your trip reports. They gave me a whole new perspective on how to do theme parks. I always thought you had to go hard core from open to close to get all the stuff you want to do; rather than to plan and take advantage of fast passes. My kids love your trip videos they already have a goal list of things they want to do when we finally make it to the parks.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. :goodvibes

Well, we sure went hard core that first day :rotfl2: My brain says go all day and my body says you need a nap! :rotfl:

Sounds like your kids will be all ready by the time you get there. :thumbsup2

I'm going to work on the video very soon! Been side-tracked with everything. :worried:

A great trip report! Hated to hear that you weren't feeling well on vacation! Can't wait for the next one whenever that may be!

A great trip report! Hated to hear that you weren't feeling well on vacation! Can't wait for the next one whenever that may be!

Thanks, Deb! :hug:

Probably not until next year sadly, if I even write one. 😟

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter