Cases rising or dropping by you?

26 states over 1,000 new cases on the day. That ties the record set yesterday. Still not at a daily total case record yet but we're closing on it. I tend to compare the high low over a week rather than just go by a couple days. We've gone from 30-45k new cases daily (high-low in a week) in a week to 40-68. We're definitely going in the wrong direction nationally.

Unfortunately, some people just don’t like to be told what to do or not to do, regardless of rules, regulations, laws, etc. It’s the Wild West. Everyone for themselves.
Nobody likes being told what to do. Least of all me. But life is full of situations where we're going to be told what to do. Anybody that has ever held a job understands that. Just look at stop signs, speed limits, stop lights. Every one of those things is something in place to tell us what to do. And yet we do them. Why? Because we know it's for the good of us all. If nobody ever obeyed traffic laws and at every intersection it was complete chaos would people drive?

As stated in the US Constitiution, it's "We the people". Not we as a collective but we as the individual citizens. Our country was founded on the rights of the INDIVIDUAL, not the rights of the collective.
Our Supreme Court has affirmed this in case after case.
Nowhere in the constitution does it say that government shall make no laws regarding the wearing of a mask during an epidemic. So the court would have to determine whether it infringes upon some other right. And there is Precedent from The Supreme court on such. in a 7-2 decision the Supreme Court affirmed that the government can require certain things during an epidemic. That decision was Jacobson vs MA (1905) where the Supreme court ruled that the SmallPox vaccine could be required during an epidemic. In fact, the Supreme court explicitly stated that “the liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States to every person within its jurisdiction does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint.” Various courts in various locations have ruled that mask mandates are in fact constitutional on the basis of Jacobson. Here is one such ruling in Palm Beach County Florida.
the Court declined to issue an injunction against the mask mandate. and citing Jacobson vs MA ruled that “no constitutional right is infringed by the Mask Ordinance’s mandate … and that the requirement to swear such a covering has a clear rational basis based on the protection of public health.” More to the point, the Court continued, “constitutional rights and the ideals of limited government do not … allow (citizens) to wholly shirk their social obligation to their fellow Americans or to society as a whole…. After all, we do not have a constitutional right to infect others.”

Last edited:
Ok, board experts, on the replied death counts, who wants to differentiate between how many are dying of Covid-19 as opposed to dying with Covid-19?.... another fear driver.

That's how it works here and now that we are 10 weeks into it, compliance is very high. Our local mask mandate was brought in as a city by-law and enforcement is focused on public places (businesses, churches, medical offices, etc.). The proprietors of these places are subject to a $250.00 fine for each instance of an unmasked person being admitted. It didn't take very long for places to get serious about it. Individuals who don't want to wear masks have complete freedom to stay away from public places that require them.

Maybe? If it didn't or doesn't, why are we all wearing them? :confused3

Because that's the policy in a federal building. When you are in your seat or alone in your office, you don't wear a mask. When you get up and walk about the office to use the kitchen, restroom, or other common areas OR you go to have a chat or meeting with other employees, you wear a mask.

When I say I say maybe, I mean that hopefully these infected workers didn't pass it to the non-infected because they were wearing their masks. The two infected individuals picked up their illness at non-work, family events. Then came in the office. I can only hope the mask stopped them from spreading it to her. So far so good. But as we all know, the mask isn't 100% effective.

Because that's the policy in a federal building. When you are in your seat or alone in your office, you don't wear a mask. When you get up and walk about the office to use the kitchen, restroom, or other common areas OR you go to have a chat or meeting with other employees, you wear a mask.

When I say I say maybe, I mean that hopefully these infected workers didn't pass it to the non-infected because they were wearing their masks. The two infected individuals picked up their illness at non-work, family events. Then came in the office. I can only hope the mask stopped them from spreading it to her. So far so good. But as we all know, the mask isn't 100% effective.
Some version of this graphic is posted practically everywhere here; one sees it many times a day. No reason to presume it's not accurate. And an interesting thing has evolved; the message about washing hands and chemically sanitizing everything in sight has really dropped off. It's all about the masks now.

Due to the California wildfires, the CDC came out with a press release indicating that smoke particulates are too small to be stopped by a cloth mask. While N95 masks will protect up to 95% of particles, down to .1 microns in size. A quick Google search will tell us that smoke particles and debris are usually .4 to .7 microns in size. According to the CDC, cloth masks are not effective in stopping materials that size.

Another quick Google search will tell us that the Wuhan Virus is .12 microns in size, about a quarter in size of the smoke and fire debris particulate. Even if we factor for the “respiratory droplets” that are allegedly to be the blame for the spread of coronavirus, those droplets are as small as .5 microns, or as small or smaller than smoke and fire debris particulate.

Masks are not effective and provide a false sense of security. The CDC inadvertently admitted it.

Last edited:
Some version of this graphic is posted practically everywhere here; one sees it many times a day. No reason to presume it's not accurate. And an interesting thing has evolved; the message about washing hands and chemically sanitizing everything in sight has really dropped off. It's all about the masks now.
View attachment 532791
Oh, I'm a 100% mask proponent. But I know they aren't 100% effective when covering up a sick person. Nor do I know how often that sick person sat around in the workplace with the mask off and how good was the ventilation; hence, my "maybe" the mask on the sick people did it's job. So far, so good for my friend.

Due to the California wildfires, the CDC came out with a press release indicating that smoke particulates are too small to be stopped by a cloth mask. While N95 masks will protect up to 95% of particles, down to .1 microns in size. A quick Google search will tell us that smoke particles and debris are usually .4 to .7 microns in size. According to the CDC, cloth masks are not effective in stopping materials that size.

Another quick Google search will tell us that the Wuhan Virus is .12 microns in size, about a quarter in size of the smoke and fire debris particulate. Even if we factor for the “respiratory droplets” that are allegedly to be the blame for the spread of coronavirus, those droplets are as small as .5 microns, or as small or smaller than smoke and fire debris particulate.

Masks are not effective and provide a false sense of security. The CDC inadvertently admitted it.

Masks have never been promoted as 100% effective. The highest number I have seen for an individual wearer is 12%, but the effectiveness goes way up if everyone wears a mask.

It's mitigation, not prevention. Which is why I and my family are staying home to the max extent possible until a vaccine is available.

Masks have never been promoted as 100% effective. The highest number I have seen for an individual wearer is 12%, but the effectiveness goes way up if everyone wears a mask.

It's mitigation, not prevention. Which is why I and my family are staying home to the max extent possible until a vaccine is available.
Actually I’m recent news - “ Robert Redfield, head of the Centers for Disease Control, provoked the ire of some parts of the internet when he suggested that masks might be more effective than vaccines. “I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine,”.

What a crock!!!!

Even when properly wearing a cloth mask, they barely make a dent. Then with improper use, storage, reuse, touching with containment hands, they are a farce.

I agree with avoiding crowds/close quarters when possible, always have, especially around holidays shopping/flu season. Frequent hand washing, never touch face/eyes/mouth without washing hands first.

But no masks, lockdowns & no forced vaccinations/my choice.

Attached is an article published by the WHO. This article has been peer-reviewed and corrected. The Infection Mortality Rate is reported at .23. When Covid first hit the states, IFR was estimated at 3.8, which prompted the lockdowns.

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

Mortality rate differs by age and preexisting condition. Unless we want to start some soylent green plants, we should play it safe to protect our elderly and those with diabetes. It's the right thing to do.

I would not be surprised if we start seeing lockdowns again in the midwest.

Last edited:
Actually I’m recent news - “ Robert Redfield, head of the Centers for Disease Control, provoked the ire of some parts of the internet when he suggested that masks might be more effective than vaccines. “I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine,”.

What a crock!!!!

Even when properly wearing a cloth mask, they barely make a dent. Then with improper use, storage, reuse, touching with containment hands, they are a farce.

I agree with avoiding crowds/close quarters when possible, always have, especially around holidays shopping/flu season. Frequent hand washing, never touch face/eyes/mouth without washing hands first.

But no masks, lockdowns & no forced vaccinations/my choice.
Will you please stop before you get this thread locked? You’ve made your opinion abundantly clear. But some of us actually find this thread useful.

Ok, board experts, on the replied death counts, who wants to differentiate between how many are dying of Covid-19 as opposed to dying with Covid-19?.... another fear driver.

You don't die of COVID-19. It's what COVID-19 does to your body that results in you dying. Here's a good explanation as to how death certificates are filled out concerning COVID-19.

Spend some time watching the MedCram videos. They will fill in your gaps. A lot of folks here watch these, so we're already on the same page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter