Cases rising or dropping by you?

• Connecticut – Average of 326 cases per day, an increase of 80 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • New Jersey – Average of 835 cases per day, an increase of 35 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Rhode Island – Average of 199 cases per day, an increase of 63 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • New York – Average of 1,329 cases per day, an increase of 29 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Vermont – Average of nine cases per day, an increase of 110 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
The SUM of cases in CT, NJ, RI, NY and VT is less than the number of cases in Wisconsin.
  • Wisconsin – Average of 3,124 cases per day, an increase of 25 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
Sure but that's not really what the situation is which was actually my point. Many posters look to compare states to states but I've always said it should be relative to a place's area. The indicator of the control a place has on the virus is relative to their numbers, not looking at what some other state's numbers are.

It doesn't matter that WI has more cases then the states I listed, what matters is that for the states that I listed they are experiencing a dramatic increase in their cases relative to their situations. Now for you in WI it DOES matter what your numbers are but if you look at raw numbers the states that are immediately worrisome are ones that have a dramatic increase, it means their virus control is slipping. WI and other states saw that control slip already and now need to work to get it back down.

I just saw a local article:

• New Mexico – Average of 457 cases per day, an increase of 123 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Vermont – Average of nine cases per day, an increase of 110 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • New Hampshire – Average of 78 cases per day, an increase of 101 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Montana – Average of 611 cases per day, an increase of 91 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Connecticut – Average of 326 cases per day, an increase of 80 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Indiana – Average of 1,655 cases per day, an increase of 66 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Wyoming – Average of 183 cases per day, an increase of 65 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Alaska – Average of 193 cases per day, an increase of 64 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Rhode Island – Average of 199 cases per day, an increase of 63 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Arizona – Average of 763 cases per day, an increase of 59 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Colorado – Average of 894 cases per day, an increase of 57 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Michigan – Average of 1,483 cases per day, an increase of 56 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Nebraska – Average of 767 cases per day, an increase of 55 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • North Dakota – Average of 610 cases per day, an increase of 54 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Ohio – Average of 1,654 cases per day, an increase of 53 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • South Dakota – Average of 653 cases per day, an increase of 50 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Mississippi – Average of 760 cases per day, an increase of 49 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Illinois – Average of 3,069 cases per day, an increase of 48 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Virginia – Average of 1,058 cases per day, an increase of 42 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Pennsylvania – Average of 1,362 cases per day, an increase of 39 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Tennessee – Average of 1,870 cases per day, an increase of 38 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Idaho – Average of 660 cases per day, an increase of 37 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • North Carolina – Average of 1,943 cases per day, an increase of 36 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • New Jersey – Average of 835 cases per day, an increase of 35 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • West Virginia – Average of 251 cases per day, an increase of 33 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Nevada – Average of 587 cases per day, an increase of 30 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • New York – Average of 1,329 cases per day, an increase of 29 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Washington – Average of 659 cases per day, an increase of 29 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Minnesota – Average of 1,312 cases per day, an increase of 28 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Kentucky – Average of 980 cases per day, an increase of 27 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Missouri – Average of 1,916 cases per day, an increase of 27 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Wisconsin – Average of 3,124 cases per day, an increase of 25 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Utah – Average of 1,216 cases per day, an increase of 23 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Alabama – Average of 1,027 cases per day, an increase of 21 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Oregon – Average of 345 cases per day, an increase of 21 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Massachusetts – Average of 663 cases per day, an increase of 20 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Kansas – Average of 788 cases per day, an increase of 19 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Florida – Average of 2,711 cases per day, an increase of 18 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Oklahoma – Average of 1,182 cases per day, an increase of 16 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Georgia – Average of 1,409 cases per day, an increase of 14 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Iowa – Average of 1,044 cases per day, an increase of 13 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • South Carolina – Average of 907 cases per day, an increase of 13 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Arkansas – Average of 911 cases per day, an increase of 11 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Maryland – Average of 589 cases per day, an increase of 11 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Texas – Average of 4,587 cases per day, an increase of 8 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Louisiana – Average of 543 cases per day, an increase of 7 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Delaware – Average of 125 cases per day, an increase of 5 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • California – Average of 3,285 cases per day, an increase of 2 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
States seeing case decreases (by percentages):
  • Hawaii – Average of 89 cases per day, a decrease of 17 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
  • Maine – Average of 28 cases per day, a decrease of 9 percent from the average two weeks earlier.

Some of those states are shocking like CT, NJ, RI, NY, VT. I know a lot of people were saying "how come states didn't learn from NY"...the virus just is running circles and will come back (at least at this point). By comparison WI ain't looking too bad (that NOT what I'm saying though). Obviously this is just looking at a high-level overview and not getting into if it was superspreader events or whatnot that contributed to it.

WI has been increasing for at least a good month now. With an already high daily count, it's hard to have high percentage growth. What does WI percentage growth look like a month ago?

WI has been increasing for at least a good month now. With an already high daily count, it's hard to have high percentage growth. What does WI percentage growth look like a month ago?
Dunno just relaying information the article had. Assuming it was a dramatic increase then they would have been in the same position some of these states find themselves in now with a sharp uptick relative to their prior numbers. Clearly other states are in real true jeopardy of the control on the virus. WI is just past that point, but it just surprised me to see some of those states on the list. I mean holy cow CT having an 80% increase over 2 weeks!? I hope that does (edited: corrected word) get stamped down real real quick. MT I was already kinda aware of as it was previously discussed about regions.

I would disagree with your comment about having an already high daily count, and it being hard to have a high percentage growth, there have been a few states that def. had high percentage growth in a relatively short time, I remember FL for one. HI was another, wasn't TX another one (can't remember details a bit fuzzy on that one) and if some of these states end up getting out of control crazily you might see some of them as well.

Last edited:
Med professionals advise on masks, distance and hand washing because it's helpful, not prevention.
You choose to wear a mask, suit up.... If you don't, up to you to assume said risk.

Each person should have the choice of going out to any public arena with or without. But more important, no more lockdowns.

Sorry, ridiculous post.

Dunno just relaying information the article had. Assuming it was a dramatic increase then they would have been in the same position some of these states find themselves in now with a sharp uptick relative to their prior numbers. Clearly other states are in real true jeopardy of the control on the virus. WI is just past that point, but it just surprised me to see some of those states on the list. I mean holy cow CT having an 80% increase over 2 weeks!? I hope that doesn't gets stamped down real real quick. MT I was already kinda aware of as it was previously discussed about regions.

I would disagree with your comment about having an already high daily count, and it being hard to have a high percentage growth, there have been a few states that def. had high percentage growth in a relatively short time, I remember FL for one. HI was another, wasn't TX another one (can't remember details a bit fuzzy on that one) and if some of these states end up getting out of control crazily you might see some of them as well.

I think, a lot of people are moving indoors in the cooler states and the spread is increasing. That's my guess. What would bother me is increasing spread in the warmer states that had their peaks over the summer.

I'm definitely expecting the election to cause a spike.

You, as an individual citizen, have the right to live your life as you see fit. I have the right to live mine differently. That's what makes this country the greatest in the world - the freedoms we have and share.

It seems like we're really talented at spreading COVID. It's likely we'll see isolated shutdowns again because of how good we're at spreading it.

Med professionals advise on masks, distance and hand washing because it's helpful, not prevention.
You choose to wear a mask, suit up.... If you don't, up to you to assume said risk.

Each person should have the choice of going out to any public arena with or without. But more important, no more lockdowns.

If there are more shutdowns you can thank people like yourself that think they have a right to not wear a mask & infect others.

Unfortunately, some people just don’t like to be told what to do or not to do, regardless of rules, regulations, laws, etc. It’s the Wild West. Everyone for themselves.

Illinois is one of the more locked down states and it has a mandatory mask mandate. Today they reported over 5,000 cases.

My sister lives outside of Chicago and a few weeks ago she bragged about how everyone was being safe.

Today my county reported 58 positive cases out of 1500 tests.

You want to crush a town, city, state, country. Enforce a lockdown..... And no amount of mask wearing is going to prevent infection.

Listened to an interview with the head of NY Albany Medical Center. New cases of covid-19 are now at the same rate as early April. The surge is upon us. My neighborhood lost 2 over past week.

People keep on confusing or exaggerating a lockdown with the shelter in place that we’ve had.
Lockdown is what China did. Lockdown is what happens when a school has an active shooter situation. Lockdown is what happens in a prison. Where in the US did we have a lockdown?

Curious what people cannot still do or find a similar alternative?

I suggest you school yourself on the discipline of public health. You are 100% wrong and misinformed. Vast amounts of information out there that can get you educated.

People keep on confusing or exaggerating a lockdown with the shelter in place that we’ve had.
Lockdown is what China did. Lockdown is what happens when a school has an active shooter situation. Lockdown is what happens in a prison. Where in the US did we have a lockdown?

Curious what people cannot still do or find a similar alternative?
To be fair a lot of the rhetoric here has been in the words lockdown so I wouldn't say people keep on confusing or exaggerating it. That's literally the terminology that's been used, and given to us.

There can be variations of a lockdown as it presented in a specific area.

For most of us it meant stay at home order/shelter in place/safer in place along with businesses deemed non-essential closed, schools closed, etc

Just because it wasn't on the same level as China does not in fact mean it wasn't a version of a lockdown.

Illinois is one of the more locked down states and it has a mandatory mask mandate. Today they reported over 5,000 cases.

My sister lives outside of Chicago and a few weeks ago she bragged about how everyone was being safe.

Today my county reported 58 positive cases out of 1500 tests.
Unfortunately, some people just don’t like to be told what to do or not to do, regardless of rules, regulations, laws, etc. It’s the Wild West. Everyone for themselves.

Compared to SARS and MERS, Covid-19 has a much lower mortality rate. Covid-19 is not a death sentence. The outcome of lockdowns are they will do more harm than good. Especially for our younger population.

Compared to SARS and MERS, Covid-19 has a much lower mortality rate.

Terrible apples and oranges comparison. SARS and MERS caused lethal illness so quickly the virus had little opportunity to spread.

COVID, while less lethal, is much, much harder to control and hence will cause more deaths.

I suggest you school yourself on the discipline of public health. You are 100% wrong and misinformed. Vast amounts of information out there that can get you educated.
Likewise.... you are oblivious and painfully misguided.... but then you know "It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them that that have been fooled all along."

Terrible apples and oranges comparison. SARS and MERS caused lethal illness so quickly the virus had little opportunity to spread.

COVID, while less lethal, is much, much harder to control and hence will cause more deaths.
Again, misinformed, but not surprised, on the deaths counts.....Fear is on your side.

Compared to SARS and MERS, Covid-19 has a much lower mortality rate. Covid-19 is not a death sentence. The outcome of lockdowns are they will do more harm than good. Especially for our younger population.

Attached is an article published by the WHO. This article has been peer-reviewed and corrected. The Infection Mortality Rate is reported at .23. When Covid first hit the states, IFR was estimated at 3.8, which prompted the lockdowns.

https://www.who.int/bulletin/online_first/BLT.20.265892.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter