Carol Bowling

Merry Mousketeer

Hey there, hi there, ho there!
For many years, you our friends and DIS family, have poured out your love, prayers and pixie dust for my wife, Carol Bowling. I know you all share my family’s sadness in hearing that Carol passed away peacefully Tuesday morning. Her indomitable spirit and positive attitude carried her through a 10-year battle with Pulmonary Hypertension (PHA) and non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Her spirit and love will continue to live on in every life she touched.

Carol found so much joy, friendship, and freedom through The DIS. Some of our dearest friends were made through Dreams Unlimited Travel Adventures by Disney: Backstage Magic, DIScruises and my being a part of The DIS Unplugged Team. Carol frequently served as "my lovely research assistant" for The DIS Unplugged Connecting with Walt Podcast. So many of our happiest memories were with family and friends at DIS events and at the Disney Parks. I know whenever I visit a Disney park, I'll always hear Carol saying, "It's a great day to be alive!"

Our family invites you to make a donation to the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) in memory of Carol. Carol was a long-time volunteer with PHA, leading in-person and telephone support groups. She was a generous fundraiser and spoke at many events, including PHA’s International PH Conference. Donations may be sent to 801 Roeder Rd. Suite 1000, Silver Spring, MD, 20910 or made online at www.PHAssociation.org/donate where you may select that you are making a tribute gift in memory of Carol Bowling.

Thank you for all your prayers, love, and support.

Carol was always delightful. I shall miss her much. I’m so very sorry.

Saw your FB post and it brought my day to a halt. I am thinking of you and your family. I admire the relationship you and Carol had. Stay strong.

I'm so sorry to read your news, Michael. I have always admired how lovingly you speak of your family. And I so enjoyed when Carol was on the podcasts in the past. I hope your lovely memories of her continue to be a comfort to you and your family. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

I'm so sorry for your loss Michael. She always made me smile on Facebook and Instagram. Praying for your family.

I am very sorry for your loss. I shall keep your family in my prayers, and send all the love I can.

Sending you, your family, and all others who knew, loved or were somehow touched by Carol a virtual hug, Michael. I know every time I interacted with her here or on social media, or saw a post by her, or a picture of her beautiful and courageous smiling face, I always had the biggest smile, and a full heart, despite never being lucky enough to actually meet her (or you). Thank you for making it possible for us to honor her, and possibly help others with PH. I hope all of you find comfort in your loving memories in the near future.

So sorry to hear that Michael. Clearly, you had a very special relationship together and we will all be thinking of you and your family.....

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing with your DIS community.

My condolences, Michael. She seemed like a great person. You have a lifetime of happy memories to look back on... I hope you can find some peace and comfort in those memories.

And if you ever need to take a break with some mindless Disney discussions, we’re here to serve you!

Sending good thoughts your way.

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear this. I lost my sister last year to PHA just two months after she was diagnosed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!