Carers queue share ?

Vickyrowe

Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!
Hi all,
I've been lurking for a while but this is my First post ( please be gentle)

I recently had a thought , my husband is in a Wheelchair, and doesn't ride any of the large Rides due to transfer and bracing issues.

Last time we went it was our honeymoon and we Were joined by his senior carer ( not so romantic but totally practical)

I found my DH spent a lot of time sat at ride exits on his own waiting for us to come off,

Has anybody used or heard of anything like the parents queue share system to help carers? Would they allow this if we explained our situation?

Queues are not a problem for us and we are more than happy to queue for 2 hours if needed but obviously if one of us was to stay with my DH and then join the normal queue when the first was back it could mean queuing for 4 hours.

We can use fast pass but due to DH's care we rarely get on park before 12pm unless i get up very very early. So things like Toy Story at DHS are often out of Fastpasses!

Hi and :welcome: to both DisBoards and disABILITIES!

The official term is Rider Swap. And this is allowed at all attractions, where there are more than two people together and there is at least one who cannot ride (either not tall enough or other reason) and cannot be left alone.

When you get into the queue tell the first Cast Member that you will need to do a rider swap; they will tell you what needs to be done. Normally all of you will go through the queue together until Load and then the procedure for that ride will be followed.

(Note that a lot of people call this Baby Swap.)

I have nothing to add to what Cheshire suggested ... just wanted to add my :welcome:

The DIS is great - don't be afraid to jump in, join the conversation! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter