Car crashes into the 2nd floor of a building

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
When I read about this, it didn't seem possible until I saw the pictures. It was a Porche Boxster, and both people in the car died.

OFZS6Y3JTZE5HIOH3IXCW2UUCI.jpg

https://www.nj.com/ocean/2019/11/po...story-of-building-after-crash-police-say.html

There's a story on this coming after the break on NBC Nightly News. The newsreader said "Porsh". :rolleyes:

There's a story on this coming after the break on NBC Nightly News. The newsreader said "Porsh". :rolleyes:

So you're telling me that's wrong? :teeth: Given how most Porsche drivers are, this does not surprise me in the least.

It’s sad, but absolutely crazy. Not only did you crash into the second floor I heard on the news it was upside down

Several years ago, I was driving along and saw a big hole in THE ROOF of a two story building. Not the side of the second story, but the roof...as if a boulder had dropped from the sky. I thought they might be demolishing it, but that seemed an odd way to start the task. A few hours later, I was home and watched the news and found out what had happened just a few hours before I'd driven past.
A car "driven at a high rate of speed" had lost control and gone airborne. Very airborne. It went up in the air and into the roof of that building, which was a business and was thankfully not open that early in the morning. I must have driven by just after they cleared it away. Yes, the driver died.

Several years ago, I was driving along and saw a big hole in THE ROOF of a two story building. Not the side of the second story, but the roof...as if a boulder had dropped from the sky. I thought they might be demolishing it, but that seemed an odd way to start the task. A few hours later, I was home and watched the news and found out what had happened just a few hours before I'd driven past.
A car "driven at a high rate of speed" had lost control and gone airborne. Very airborne. It went up in the air and into the roof of that building, which was a business and was thankfully not open that early in the morning. I must have driven by just after they cleared it away. Yes, the driver died.

I’ve heard of some really odd airborne cars. The western span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge has this odd rise to where the suspension cables begin. I remember one report of a driver who veered off the road and hit it just right such that the car jumped it like a jump ramp and flipped up and into San Francisco Bay. It’s still there, but a barrier was installed to keep cars from reaching it from the on-ramp. The barrier is visible on the lower right of this picture.

640px-Oakland_Bay_Bridge_from_Yerba_Buena_Island.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter