Car crashes into the 2nd floor of a building

Squirlz

DIS Veteran
There's a story on this coming after the break on NBC Nightly News. The newsreader said "Porsh". :rolleyes:

• happily single

Left foot first!
    It’s sad, but absolutely crazy. Not only did you crash into the second floor I heard on the news it was upside down

• EMom

<font color=red>Comes from a long line of all fork
    Several years ago, I was driving along and saw a big hole in THE ROOF of a two story building. Not the side of the second story, but the roof...as if a boulder had dropped from the sky. I thought they might be demolishing it, but that seemed an odd way to start the task. A few hours later, I was home and watched the news and found out what had happened just a few hours before I'd driven past.
    A car "driven at a high rate of speed" had lost control and gone airborne. Very airborne. It went up in the air and into the roof of that building, which was a business and was thankfully not open that early in the morning. I must have driven by just after they cleared it away. Yes, the driver died.

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
    Several years ago, I was driving along and saw a big hole in THE ROOF of a two story building. Not the side of the second story, but the roof...as if a boulder had dropped from the sky. I thought they might be demolishing it, but that seemed an odd way to start the task. A few hours later, I was home and watched the news and found out what had happened just a few hours before I'd driven past.
    A car "driven at a high rate of speed" had lost control and gone airborne. Very airborne. It went up in the air and into the roof of that building, which was a business and was thankfully not open that early in the morning. I must have driven by just after they cleared it away. Yes, the driver died.
    I’ve heard of some really odd airborne cars. The western span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge has this odd rise to where the suspension cables begin. I remember one report of a driver who veered off the road and hit it just right such that the car jumped it like a jump ramp and flipped up and into San Francisco Bay. It’s still there, but a barrier was installed to keep cars from reaching it from the on-ramp. The barrier is visible on the lower right of this picture.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates