***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

So, when I booked this trip, I used the same dates as last year only shifted one day. Last year Memorial Day was the 3rd weekend in May. I just realized this weekend that not only are we scheduled over Memorial Day, but I have reservations at DHS on that Monday. I’m really debating about switching up days and going to Epcot on Memorial Day since it seems to be the least crowded park, most days. I’m really afraid all the local passholders who have the day off will all be trying to get ROR boarding passes that day. Anyone else going that week?

So, when I booked this trip, I used the same dates as last year only shifted one day. Last year Memorial Day was the 3rd weekend in May. I just realized this weekend that not only are we scheduled over Memorial Day, but I have reservations at DHS on that Monday. I’m really debating about switching up days and going to Epcot on Memorial Day since it seems to be the least crowded park, most days. I’m really afraid all the local passholders who have the day off will all be trying to get ROR boarding passes that day. Anyone else going that week?

We'll be just starting our second week. I'd forgotten about our park passes so I just checked and it looks like we're in MK that day. Honestly those were placeholder passes to begin with but I made them back when we thought we were staying at the Poly. Now that we'll be at YC I think we'll be switching some stuff around.

I went for a longish Memorial Day weekend back in 2016 and spent the actual holiday in Epcot (my birthday is May 30th, and often falls on the holiday). Obviously things are much different given the current situation but we found it considerably more pleasant than MK on that Saturday, even though it was the last day of Flower & Garden. Looking at the calendar for 2021 I would be more concerned about locals due to the fact 5/31 is the last day before Silver passholders are blocked out for most of the summer.

Thanks! I went ahead and moved DHS to Tuesday and put us in Epcot on Memorial Day. Good to know about the Silver Passholders. That helped me make the decision to move both our DHS days after Memorial Day. I’m assuming MK will be a little busier than a normal Sunday the day before, but we have hoppers, so I think we’ll still get to do everything we want to that week, providing we get ROR boarding groups. Hubby and I have ridden it, but our boys haven’t, so it’s a big deal for them.

So incredibly, incredibly bummed right now. Our Walnut had another ED visit that was quite costly, we will get some back though due to insurance. I love this cat more than anything, but this guy is costings us zillions! :D But with my pay-cut and Micky's job loss for most of this year, we are crunching numbers and I'm so sad to say going this May would be too much of a stress on our finances. :(

We postponed to October 20-29, 2021 when we will (knock wood) be well back on our feet financially. We decided not to wait until next year because who the heck knows what that will bring.

I know compared to everything going on in the world, this is nothing, but it stings.

But fear not!!! I will happily keep this thread going, add people to list and wish you all well! At least I'm still going!

So incredibly, incredibly bummed right now. Our Walnut had another ED visit that was quite costly, we will get some back though due to insurance. I love this cat more than anything, but this guy is costings us zillions! :D But with my pay-cut and Micky's job loss for most of this year, we are crunching numbers and I'm so sad to say going this May would be too much of a stress on our finances. :(

We postponed to October 20-29, 2021 when we will (knock wood) be well back on our feet financially. We decided not to wait until next year because who the heck knows what that will bring.

I know compared to everything going on in the world, this is nothing, but it stings.

But fear not!!! I will happily keep this thread going, add people to list and wish you all well! At least I'm still going!
I hope Walnut is ok. Fall at Disney is great and maybe more things will be open. Glad you still get to go next year 😁

I hope things look up for you guys soon and Walnut is ok.

On the bright side, I think you'll probably have more things to look forward to in October in terms of offerings. Our backup plan in case this trip falls through is extending our 50th anniversary weekend trip to 2 weeks.

Welcome to the Madcap May 2021 Crew!!!:flower1: :rose::flower::butterfly:daisy:

Aaaannnddd let's try this again!
:rotfl:

Welcome to everyone! If you are rescheduling a trip to May 2021 or booking a new trip for May 2021, we are happy to see you!

I'm Farro and I'm traveling with my guy!!! We will be celebrating 25 yrs together on our trip! Just the two of us and our cat Walnut 😍 , no kids, 46 (47 at time of trip, shhhh....) We were originally going May 2020, but had a bit of tragedy in our life which lead to cancelling and rebooking for 2021. And I'm so sad for everyone who may have had to cancel due to this horrible virus.

Please feel free to use this thread anyway you see fit! Talk, plan, gossip, laugh, cry (don't cry) and have fun! If you can think of anything else that would be useful in the first post, feel free to let me know and I can add it.

I've already made place-marks for information that will be added as it becomes available, and provided links to some useful threads.

Flower and Garden Festival!!! Dates added!!! :flower2::flower::daisy:
March 3rd- July 5th, 2021
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...f-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/
Due to Covid-19, obviously we really don't know what the heck is going to be open in May as far as restaurants, rides, etc. Expect masks to still be in use. I would plan for the worst, hope for the best!

***New Attractions for May!!!***
**Beautiful new fountain at Epcot entrance!
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ebrates-the-past-present-and-future-of-epcot/
***Refurbishments during May***
TBD

***ALERTS***:

**Unfortunately Disney is discontinuing free Magic Bands for arrivals starting January, 2021:
https://blogmickey.com/2020/12/disn...plimentary-magicbands-beginning-january-2021/
Here are some great planning threads from these very boards! These contain TONS of useful information:

From the Disney Rumors and News Board, rteetz has a great thread (among many) about all the construction projects currently happening right now at the World - completions, expected completion and lots of commentary from other posters

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...orldwide-read-post-1-updated-2-23-19.3475627/

These next two are from the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies Board.
Robo's thread on everything you ever wanted to know about tickets. Lot's of great questions/answers. https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/

And mesaboy2's thread discussing everything fastpass +! Again, great information and you can ask questions! https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/

******************************************************************************************************

And here it is, The Madcap May Crew Trip List! Just post in the thread your dates and where you are staying (if you'd like) and I will add you to the list.

pooh2001 - 4/24-5/1 Pop Century
DisneyFanJenn - 4/30-5/4 Gran Destino Tower (CSR)
SMRT-1 4/30-5/11 Swan
sapphirerose915 - 5/1-5/9 hotel TBD
Tbiafore - 5/1-5/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Tinkerbelle83 - 5/2-5/6 Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo
lovegrumpy - 5/2-5/6 Old Key West
ThisIsJason - 5/2-5/8 Animal Kingdom Villas - Savannah view
Yahweh - 5/2-5/10 Polynesian Village and Riviera
BoatDriver - 5/2-5/11 Boardwalk Villas, Bay Lake Tower
JoJoGirl - 5/3-5/7 Boardwalk Villas
sun2shine - 5/3-5/9 Pop Century
magrudersmakes3 - 5/6-5/10 Saratoga Springs Resort
MyDearMinnie - 5/6-5/15 Art of Animation
Penny McMouse 5/7-5/14 Coronado Springs Resort
canyoncam - 5/7-5/15 Pop Century/Saratoga Springs
disneydreamer781 - 5/7-5/27 Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo
Tessaf - 5/8-5/16 Grand Floridian - RPC
Weezerette - 5/8-5/16 Swan
Dory II - 5/9-5/15 Animal Kingdom Lodge
robotsneedlove2 - 5/9-5/15 Boardwalk Villas
mickey916 - 5/9-5/16 Art of Animation
flea1267 - 5/9-5/16 Caribbean Beach Resort
Katie1174 - 5/9-5/18 Contemporary
Melana - 5/10-5/15 All Star Movies
acfbob - 5/10-5/17 Boardwalk Villas
mara512 - 5/11-5/19 Polynesian Villas
Jacq7414 - 5/13-5/16 Copper Creek Villas
kanerf - 5/13-5/21 BRV, RR, OKW
Jarbo - 5/14-5/22 Beach Club Villas
Helvetica - 5/15-5/22 Riviera - Studio - standard view
LovingPooh - 5/15-5/22 Old Key West
WaitingForMyPrince - 5/15-5/29 BLT or Grand Floridian Villas
A-Rose788 - 5/16-5/23 Caribbean Beach Resort
hsmamainva - 5/21-5/30 Off-site
MinD 5/21-5/31 Caribbean Beach Resort
pooki1 - 5/21-6/2 Old Key West
lcc2 - 5/22-5/26 Yacht Club
cgattis - 5/22-5/29 Art of Animation
jlwise - 5/22-5/29 Beach Club CL
patclairesmom - 5/22-5/31 Old Key West
Charade67 - 5/22-5/31 Art of Animation
kylenne - 5/22-6/4 Grand Floridian RPC and Polynesian Village CL
DuchessandBerlioz - 5/23-6/1 Grand Floridian and Boardwalk Inn
tinkerbelletreasure - 5/30-6/4 Caribbean Beach Resort
G719 - 5/31 (or 5/30) - 6/9
LadyDiznee123 (5/19-22 POP -- 5/22-24 Grand Floridian)

Once again, I have stopped getting notifications for this thread.

Question - Many of you have already made park reservations. Is this something I need to do now? it seem so far away. If I make reservations now can I change them later? I hesitate to make park reservations since I don't know what my ADRs will be yet.

Once again, I have stopped getting notifications for this thread.

Question - Many of you have already made park reservations. Is this something I need to do now? it seem so far away. If I make reservations now can I change them later? I hesitate to make park reservations since I don't know what my ADRs will be yet.
Personally, I would say get them now. For in-park dining, you still have to have a Park Pass for that park, so it won't matter if you can get an ADR if you can't get into the park. You likely wouldn't have trouble with Park Pass availability at 60 days when ADRs open up (although we don't know for sure what demand will look like in 2 months), but you can change them if there's still availability (more on that in a bit), so for me, I'd feel safer knowing that we already had park reservations secured for the # of days/parks that we want (we've had ours booked for months already). As I said, you can change your Park Pass reservations if need be, but it's subject to availability, and it's not quite as simple as just modifying them. In order to change a Park Pass reservation, you have to cancel the existing reservation and then book a new one, so you need to be very sure there's availability for the new park/day before you cancel the old one.

Book them now, change them later if you have to assuming there is availability. I seriously doubt any of the parks will be booked up at the 60 day mark but I’d rather be guaranteed to get in now and have to go through changing it later or booking my ADR’s around my planned park as wait and possibly not be able to get in the park at all.

We’ve already bought our tickets and made our park reservations. We did this primarily because we are staying off site and wanted to make sure we could get into the parks on the days we wanted. We are doing just one day at each park this trip.

Hey all May people, the room only discount is now out. We had to switch to the Grand Floridian because there was no Contemporary room discounts available for our dates, but we now have a Lagoon View and saved $2,000 on our trip so I am really happy right now. 30% off.

Our TA emailed me a little while ago about it, she couldn’t apply the discount to our reservation because Club is not available and neither is Poly so we are switching the GF half to non Club and Poly to Yacht Club

Our TA emailed me a little while ago about it, she couldn’t apply the discount to our reservation because Club is not available and neither is Poly so we are switching the GF half to non Club and Poly to Yacht Club
Glad you got the discount!
And you have a good excuse to go back and stay at the Poly when the renovations are done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter