Candlelight Processional Dinner - Watching & Waiting

Hi Traci!

Next time dial this number first - 0844 200 9090 . . . it gives you cheap calls to the US. Only 0.5p per minute. I have been using it all day to get through!:goodvibes

wow, I have been using a cheaper 0844 number, but its not as cheap as yours!!! thanks so much for sharing that one. Still, I worked out that I have probably spent a total of 5 hours on the phone to disney today (not all at once, but have made multiple calls with lots of trying to get through and then lots of hold time) My backside is totally numb as I've been too scared to move once I got through after being cut off this morning :lmao:

Was on phone for 2 hours and 35 minutes was able to convert my existing reservation for 5 at 5:15 for Canada on the 10th to see Whoopi :thumbsup2

When I called this morning, they said that my 5:05 was the latest available dinner that night. I only have 2 in my group; do you have more?

But congrats to both of us. We both get to see Whoopi

Poohj80, you just made me one happy woman! I love, love, love Frank Langella! I am so excited he will be there on December 3!:banana::dance3::banana: Where is the fanning yourself smiley?

Poohj80, you just made me one happy woman! I love, love, love Frank Langella! I am so excited he will be there on December 3!:banana::dance3::banana: Where is the fanning yourself smiley?

I'm glad because I'm really not that thrilled with Frank Langella as a narrator and we have 12/2 reservations. I was hoping for someone more animated. Whoopi and Rita Moreno are my favorites from CPs past.

I thought I had posted this earlier this morning but in my excitement, I probably did not hit Submit Reply! ;)

I started calling at 6:00 CST this morning. I have the number in my cell phone and kept hitting redial after getting a busy signal or a message that all circuits were busy. Since my iPhone stops recording the number of recent calls to a particular number at 100, I cleared it out sometime after that and started again. I hit redial somewhere around 142 times! Finally after over two hours, I heard the magic wand at 8:10 CST and was told there was a wait time of up to 30 minutes. At around 39 minutes, I finally heard a live voice from the CM. I asked her if she was having fun today! She already sounded tired! But patience paid off...we have our reservations at Tutto Italia on 12/01/10 at 5:20 with reserved seats for the Candlelight Processional at the 8:15 show!! :banana:

FYI, the price for adults at this restaurant and the late show is $61.99 ea or $66.02 including tax. I was so excited to get my confirmation number I forgot to ask the CM if they had booked a narrator yet for this date!! :lmao:

I gave it about 30 minutes, printed off my reservations online and then canceled the ADR I had for that night. Someone will now get an ADR for Tutto Italia on 12/01/10!! :cool1:

Ok thank god that is all over with.... didn't get what I really wanted, but got coral reef at 5pm for the later show on xmas eve. We really wanted chefs, but I knew after being cut off the first time we weren't gonna get it. DD8 is a bit upset as she really wanted to see remy. I was considering perhaps getting a lunch time ressie at chefs, but then again, I think two TS in such a short space of time might just be too much food. What do you think?

I have just tried to see my ressie online, but it says it can't locate it, which is a bit worrying, but I have had this happen before because of my UK phone number, so perhaps its that. Might ring Disney back later (much later lol) to check and see if its there.

Hope everyone else has managed to get through and get what they want! :hug:

I am SO happy you got in! My heart dropped when I saw you had been disconnected!

As far as lunch vs dinner, I think a dinner would be more fulfilling for the price, unless you like big meals in the afternoon. We loved Coral Reef, and I hope you love it too! Try getting a normal ADR at Chefs, and you'll be able to have a lighter meal of the same foods you wanted. It's never too much food at Disney! (We have a TS at Le Cellier at 12:40, then eat again at 5 for the CP package at Teppan Edo. Think we'll skip breakfast that day!)

Doing the happy dance for you!

I forgot to ask when calling - does anyone know if Via Napoli is a choice for the CP dinner packages and, if so, which tier is falls under?

Thanks!

I forgot to ask when calling - does anyone know if Via Napoli is a choice for the CP dinner packages and, if so, which tier is falls under?

Thanks!

I think someone mentioned earlier that they had asked, but it isn't included in the packages.

Thanks!

I heard that it's not included. It was actually going to be my second choice, if I was unable to get coral reef.

When I called this morning, they said that my 5:05 was the latest available dinner that night. I only have 2 in my group; do you have more?

But congrats to both of us. We both get to see Whoopi

Congrats to you also ! There are 5 in our group. They needed a Guest Services person with a code to convert the reservation.....

I am SO happy you got in! My heart dropped when I saw you had been disconnected!

As far as lunch vs dinner, I think a dinner would be more fulfilling for the price, unless you like big meals in the afternoon. We loved Coral Reef, and I hope you love it too! Try getting a normal ADR at Chefs, and you'll be able to have a lighter meal of the same foods you wanted. It's never too much food at Disney! (We have a TS at Le Cellier at 12:40, then eat again at 5 for the CP package at Teppan Edo. Think we'll skip breakfast that day!)

Doing the happy dance for you!

aw thanks!

yes thats what I was meaning, just get a normal ressie for chefs at lunch time, is it ok to get an appetizer and a dessert or something like that if paying oop? might just have some cereal in the room before we set off in the morning to put us on till lunch time. what do you think?

I did check out normal ressies earlier and there was a lunch time free at chefs, so might just do that?

ok so I bit the bullet and just booked Chefs de france for lunchtime on xmas eve - regular adr (not CP) was thinking that I could please both my DD's in one day, and if we don't eat tons of food at lunch, it shouldn't cost too much OOP. I just worked out all of the counter credits I had planned for during the trip and I would have been one over anyway, so its all good :yay:

I called this morning about 9 am and waited about 35 minutes to make our Candlelight Processional dinner reservation for Teppan Edo on Dec. 12th at 4:10 for the 6:45 pm show. I can see the reservation along with all my other ADRs but there is no indication that this is a Candlelight Processional reservation. Is that how everyone's looks or is there indication that it is a package?

Thanks!

Thanks! I must admit with the massive number of posts today I may have missed a few. :)
:rotfl: We were a bit frantic this morning. I was reasonably sure, I would get my ressie....but didn't want to be blind sided.

aw thanks!

yes thats what I was meaning, just get a normal ressie for chefs at lunch time, is it ok to get an appetizer and a dessert or something like that if paying oop? might just have some cereal in the room before we set off in the morning to put us on till lunch time. what do you think?

I did check out normal ressies earlier and there was a lunch time free at chefs, so might just do that?

It's perfectly acceptable to order an appetizer and a dessert. Check out the menu. There are a few light items at lunch.

Bon Appetit!

Got the CP for Xmas day at Chefs de France. Dinner's at 4:00, and we'll be seeing the second (6:45) show. Now I just wish they'd release the narrator's name!

So I said back on page 62, I think, that I got through at 7:02 and was told 30 minutes. Well, at 7:50 the CM came on and said her intro. I responded... she said nothing. Then she said her intro again. I realized she couldn't hear me, so I panicked a bit and spoke louder - then she disconnected me. :guilty:

I totally understand her reasoning and don't fault her at all - it was a busy morning for her and she had no way of knowing I could hear her. I just wish it hadn't happened. I wonder if being on hold that long and getting the flood of email updates from this thread flooded my cable service (I have phone, TV, and internet through Time Warner). It surprised me that I could still hear the on hold music, though... In any event, I was disappointed, but I didn't freak out. We'll try again tonight. I'm glad I opted to keep getting ready for work while I was on hold so it didn't make me late to work. We're trying for the 30th for the 6:45 show, but if we don't get it, we still have the dinner reservation on back-up, and we'll just show up at 4:00 and wait in line for the 5:00 show. It's not worth ruining my day about. God is good, we'll be in Disney, and we'll be together as a family.

I just wanted to share my disappointment and unfortunate experience with people I knew would understand and could commiserate. :) Glad it's working out for all of you!

This was my post earlier... anyone wanna give me any sympathy? :) It all turned out okay; another member of our party called through DVC and got Teppan Edo at 3:50 for the 30th. I probably could have gotten Chefs had I not been disconnected earlier today, but I'm just happy we got through. :)

At 10:25 I am on hold for the second time today. I got through atr 7:25 this am with a 30 min. wait and my cell lost service at 7:45.

Yeah.... just wanted to say I feel your pain! I hope you got what you wanted.

Well I got my CP package set up this morning, but then realized after I retreived them online they had mispelled my last name so I called this afternoon to see if they could change it, but could not so the CM first checked to make sure I could still get the same dates, restaurant and times I orginally had and she was so she made a whole new ressie and then canceled the one made this morning. I had been trying to retrieve the newest one online since then with no luck until I thought to try another phone # (not the one I had given) and sure enough it came up, but for some reason a celebration (my DD b-day) that I have attached to future ressies for a whole nother trip was also showing on the new one. Just can't win. It will be funny when we arrive for our dinner ressie at the Biergarten and they think we are celebrating a birthday :laughing:

I think the problem is the CM i spoke with this afternoon pulled my info from the WDW system since I have past & future trips showing and did stuff from that, which is how they had my home # and not my cell # attached to the newest CP ressie :confused3 guess I should have just left my mispelling alone :rolleyes:

I started called at 7 am...finally at 9 had to go to the dentist. left dentist at 1030, called dvc member number...got right in, with no hold!
got le cellier for
dec 15 :banana:
.so keep trying....i think it must go in waves of calls....

Same here! Wasted 2 hours called over 200 times. At 9am one call to member services!

I love DVC.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter