Candlelight Processional Dinner - Watching & Waiting

Where do you go (online?) to "look up your CP reservation manually by entering the confirmation number and the phone number you gave them"?

Thanks!

Follow this link:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/store/retrieveReservation

You will have to log in with your Disney account. If you don't have one, I think you'll have to create one. After you sign in, you should be taken to a page where you can enter the confirmation number and phone number. I hope this helps! :)

I got a few "we're currently closed" messages, then at 7:00:10 I got the first busy signal. I only had to redial twice before I got the chime at about 7:00:40. I quickly went through the prompts before getting the hold music. (I didn't fully listen to the questions, and spent the whole wait time worrying that I'd accidentally answered "Yes" to the question about being in the Orlando area, and if they'd tell me to call back if I ended up in the wrong telephone queue.)

I never got a message about how long the hold time was. At about 7:30 a.m., a CM picked up.

Your experience is almost identical to mine. I dialed right at 7 and got the closed message. I only had to redial twice before entering the hold queue. I finally got a TM at 7:52. Luckly I got exactly what I wanted. A dinner ressie at Coral Reef for the 645 show on 12/27.

I hope next near, they go back to the 180 days. That seemed to save a lot of stress on our end i'm sure it saved a lot of stress on the CM end as well.

Follow this link:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/store/retrieveReservation

You will have to log in with your Disney account. If you don't have one, I think you'll have to create one. After you sign in, you should be taken to a page where you can enter the confirmation number and phone number. I hope this helps! :)

dang.. i get this when I do that (well it's longer than that but I can't pull a thing up.. reported it to tech support for the website).. Still no confirmation email either ...

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: ModelAndView [ModelAndView: materialized View is [null]; model is {assembled.model=com.disney.wdpro.common.contentassembler.model.AssembledModel@197e75e, channel=com.disney.wdpro.common.contentassembler.model.channel.html.HTMLChannel@1d70dc3, CSSCoreMain=[/global/core.css, /nonGlobal/retrieve/store/main.css, /global/visualStyles/main/note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.18 logs

Well, that was quite the experience yesterday!

Started calling at 6:45 and tried until 7:30, could not get through, busy signal all the time :scared1: At that point, I had to stop trying and leave for work :headache:

Tried again at 10:15 during break, got through right away but wait was over 30 minutes and I had to get back to a meeting, so I hung up... At that point, I was feeling :sick: because I figured there was no way I was going to get what I wanted...

Lunch time, 12:30pm... Tried again, had to dial 7 or 8 times, then finally got through. Same message saying there was 30+ minute wait. At this point I almost hung up thinking there was no point, that I wouldn't get anything but finally decided it would be silly to just give up at this point so I waited.

25 minutes later, CM answers! Well.... Turns out that our first choice is probably everybody else's last choice :rotfl: because I got exactly what and when I wanted! :banana:

So it's Garden Grill at 5:30pm for us with the 8:00 (ish) show!!!
This is my happy dance :dance3:

dang.. i get this when I do that (well it's longer than that but I can't pull a thing up.. reported it to tech support for the website).. Still no confirmation email either ...

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: ModelAndView [ModelAndView: materialized View is [null]; model is {assembled.model=com.disney.wdpro.common.contentassembler.model.AssembledModel@197e75e, channel=com.disney.wdpro.common.contentassembler.model.channel.html.HTMLChannel@1d70dc3, CSSCoreMain=[/global/core.css, /nonGlobal/retrieve/store/main.css, /global/visualStyles/main/note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.18 logs

Don't panic too much, I could not pull mine online either so I called Disney Dining in a panic and my ressie is definetly in the system. She told me that for some reason they don't always show up online. I think their computer system might be overloading from yesterday!!!

Don't panic too much, I could not pull mine online either so I called Disney Dining in a panic and my ressie is definetly in the system. She told me that for some reason they don't always show up online. I think their computer system might be overloading from yesterday!!!

I can't pull mine up either. I figured it's because it's the only reservation that I tied to my resort confirmation number. All of my other reservations (for my trip in 2 weeks and my xmas trip) that I made on-line are there and tied to my phone number.

I am on hold now...thr CM doesn't know how to book the package. Ugh.

Yay!! Got what I wanted...Chefs De France lunch on 12/15 (my birthday!!)

Your experience is almost identical to mine. I dialed right at 7 and got the closed message. I only had to redial twice before entering the hold queue. I finally got a TM at 7:52. Luckly I got exactly what I wanted. A dinner ressie at Coral Reef for the 645 show on 12/27.

I hope next near, they go back to the 180 days. That seemed to save a lot of stress on our end i'm sure it saved a lot of stress on the CM end as well.

Just so you know....CP pkgs have never been available for booking at the 180 day window. They have usually come out for booking mid-summer, but closer to the end of August. That has been my experience since booking them for 6 or so years now.

Just so you know....CP pkgs have never been available for booking at the 180 day window. They have usually come out for booking mid-summer, but closer to the end of August. That has been my experience since booking them for 6 or so years now.

My mistake, I just looked back at my notes from last years trip. I couldn't book before my 90 day window opened up. Since it went from 180 to 90 days for that brief period.

This is what I have in my notes:

"With our new enhanced dining system, this year the Candlelight Dinner Package will follow the normal 90 day booking window.

This means if you are staying at a Disney owned and operated Resort you can book 90 days in advance of your arrival date for up to the first 10 days of your stay. If you are not staying at a Disney Resort, you can book exactly 90 days in advance of the date you wish to dine.

Although this may change, currently the Candlelight Dining Package is not expected to be available to book on our online dine reservation system. To book this event, you will need to call 407-WDW-DINE on the appropriate date."

Again, not having everyone book on the same day, would save a lot of stress.

They have to allow everyone to start booking on the same day for this event - or it wouldn't be fair. Not to say its 100% fair as it is but with a 90 day or 180 day rule is not fair at all. Not for this event.

They have to allow everyone to start booking on the same day for this event - or it wouldn't be fair. Not to say its 100% fair as it is but with a 90 day or 180 day rule is not fair at all. Not for this event.

I think they should have opened up reservations for several days, up to a week at a time. Then no one had an advantage, but it would diminish the impact on the phone lines.

For the life of me, I can't see a downside to it.

Just wish we knew who was doing the TBD dates. I'm very happy with Trace, but if they have Gary Sinise over Christmas like he's done in the past, I'm gonna be a little conflicted.

thanks to those who let go of a Garden Grill reservation for 12/20 night though!! been trying to get into there for a couple of months and just finally got a reservation for dinner on the night we have lunch/CPP on the 20th! :) YAY!!!

The phone lines were crazy yesterday-but I was able to get Teppan Edo right before it was time to leave for the hospital-it was a lucky day for me as my Cat scan came out clear as well!! Hope everyone enjoys their CP packages!!

Yep, just checked my last years registration and it opened the end of the last week of August 2009. It's never been anywhere near the 180 day mark. And, they don't always have all the narrators nailed down when registration starts either, unfortunately.

The way they do it is truly the only way to do it. The only truly equitable way to do it is to put it all out there, 180 days out, and give people the option of booking it then, without knowing who narrators will be. I wouldn't have a huge issue with that. But, others want to know who the narrator is going to be. But, if narrators didn't matter all that much, then they could open it all up sooner than they do now. It would take a ton of strain off the system when the narrators do come out.
And even now...I'll wager we see a huge outcry if a narrator has to cancel. I can just hear it now...'Are you kidding me???? I spent 2 hrs on hold or getting a busy signal..just so I could hear Whoopi and now she's not going to even be there that night???? I want to be compensated in some way!!!!!'
Yes, I am going on a Whoopi night, which is why I used that as an example. I have had good narration as well as really awful narration. But, it's the music I go for. Good narration just adds to the night.

But, really, there isn't much Disney can do if they insist on waiting until the narrator list is pretty firmed up. And that usually happens about 90 days out...which is pretty much where we are now. Maybe they should have made it that you could only book CP pkg 90 days from the night you wanted it..that would have made things easier. Those going later in the run would have had to wait a few days.

As I posted yesterday morning at 7:11 am I was one of the fortunate handful that got right through on their first attempt without any busy signals or minutes of Disney music. Thank You, Lord! I got my first choice for an early dinner at Le Cellier for the 6:45 show on Dec. 13th (Steven Curtis Chapman scheduled to be the narrator.) Since we'll be on the DxDP the exact cost of this year's options did not matter one bit to us. I've read posts here on this thread where DISers have kindly given all of that information. But if Disney has published this information anywhere on their website I have not yet been able to find it. Has anyone found an official site with this printed information?

I booked about 1300 today pacific time for Rose and Crown on Dec 9th, for a party of 5. We really wanted Garden Grille however that is ok we will live.

I may make a ressie for the 10th for hubby and I (our kids are teens) so we can see and Whoopie Goldberg.

I was told to keep calling back as sometimes ressies open up.

The phone lines were crazy yesterday-but I was able to get Teppan Edo right before it was time to leave for the hospital-it was a lucky day for me as my Cat scan came out clear as well!! Hope everyone enjoys their CP packages!!

I'm glad you got what you wanted and that your Cat scan was clear! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter