Candlelight Processional - Can't Book But Started Showing Up

That would be awesome! We got to see Steven Curtis Chapman, Mario Lopez, and Blair Underwood (incredible voice). This is something worth paying some extra money for. The orchestra, the singing, the story.

Last time I was there, when they hit the Hallelujah Chorus, I couldn't help but stand, hands up, tears streaming, in awe and wonder of the Greatest Story ever told.

We were lucky enough to see Blair Underwood. He was incredible!😍

OMG!!!! Very happy to hear this. It’s my favorite part of our Disney holiday trips. Missing it last year left a big hole for me. We have reservations in December and I’ve been on the fence for canceling them. This really puts the excitement back into the trip for me. Can’t wait!

Do you have to have a separate ticket? How does seating work?
If it’s like years past, you don’t need a separate ticket. They sell (expensive)dining packages with guaranteed seating. If you don’t get the package, you can line up early for standby tickets and they will seat as room allows. Those lines are long for popular narrators.

Do you have to have a separate ticket? How does seating work?
Technically no however like PP has posted you either historicity would buy a dining package or wait in standby (hours long lines and sometimes only one or two parties will even get seated)

Ugh...I am so very happy to hear this and so is DH but we are still very nervous about crowded theaters (I know it's outdoors). We are hoping to be a little better headspace wise by the time booking opens so we can possibly include it in our December trip. I think DH might be more open to this event than he would be to watching any of the indoor theater shows (which we have rules out at the moment). At worst we will do as a previous poster mentioned and find a place to listen from the American Adventure courtyard.

We have so enjoyed this show in the past. We've seen Steven Curtis Chapman, Blair Underwood, Ana Gasteyer, NEIL PATRICK HARRIS, and we listened to a smidge of Whoopi on the fly one year too. NPH was an absolute highlight!

Ugh...I am so very happy to hear this and so is DH but we are still very nervous about crowded theaters (I know it's outdoors). We are hoping to be a little better headspace wise by the time booking opens so we can possibly include it in our December trip. I think DH might be more open to this event than he would be to watching any of the indoor theater shows (which we have rules out at the moment). At worst we will do as a previous poster mentioned and find a place to listen from the American Adventure courtyard.

We have so enjoyed this show in the past. We've seen Steven Curtis Chapman, Blair Underwood, Ana Gasteyer, NEIL PATRICK HARRIS, and we listened to a smidge of Whoopi on the fly one year too. NPH was an absolute highlight!

Have seen so many over the years, but NPH will always be our fave !!!

I've not been lucky enough to see and hear NPH :( but I thoroughly enjoyed Blair Underwood. He has a wonderful voice for this and I can't fail to mention he's very easy on the eyes. :faint: 🥰

Last edited:
I was so very happy to hear this! Over the years, we've heard Neil Patrick Harris, Edward James Olmos, Gary Sinese, Stephen Curtis Chapman, and if memory serves me right, Rita Moreno? Brilliant and when the herald trumpets sound, it's all over for me!

It will be interesting who the celebrity's will be. Who is available and who will want to come. Maybe not a issue ??
As it has been mentioned above, you really have to stand in line at least for one show worth of time to see if you can see the next show.
I find it is easier just to listen from the American fountain area. There is really nothing to see.

Although I do like seeing which teen is going to faint during the performance. But that will not happen this year.

It will be interesting who the celebrity's will be. Who is available and who will want to come. Maybe not a issue ??
As it has been mentioned above, you really have to stand in line at least for one show worth of time to see if you can see the next show.
I find it is easier just to listen from the American fountain area. There is really nothing to see.

Although I do like seeing which teen is going to faint during the performance. But that will not happen this year.

If you get a really good narrator, many times they will sing -- (Or in the case of NPH, dance) along with the music--- those are worth a watch

Reactions: CJN
This is our list!
Angela Basset & Courtney B. Vance
Chita Rivera
David Hartman
Neal Patrick Harris
Marlee Matlin
Patty Sandy
Curt Cameron
Eartha Kit
Stephen Curtis Chapman
Pat Sajak
Edward James Olmos
Kurt Russel
Lea Salonga
Joe Morton
Amy Grant
John Stamos
Bart Millard
Gary Sinise

We can’t wait to go this year!

When do the CP and CP Dining packages go on sale???? Has the date been announced? My ADR date is Monday and I am curious when this opens up...

I'm excited about it too - haven't been to the CP in YEARS... i've seen Phylicia Rashad and Rita Moreno (saw her a couple times). i'm going to do it this year now that I have an AP. Wonder when the celebrity list will come out?????? Oh - and Blair Underwood - would love to see him. he's easy on the eyes. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter