Canceling direct purchase

Keep looking for your AKV contract if that is where you want to call "home". There is no resort like it in the world.

It will show up when you least expect it. MF's are looming and there will likely be more listings as we get closer to the end of the year. I always suggest you write down exactly what you want...UY, number of points and resort and of course target price and whether you want banked points or stripped. You have lots of numbers floating around in your head and this will be a quick reference for you when you find a possible contract. With AKV, acting quickly is key as you know. Good luck!

Do you think the prices will get close to $100/ point again though? It seems like they are all consistently $120+/ a point now. I’m scared of waiting for AKV prices to go down and missing the $180/point for RIV incentive, only to have AKV not drop back down.

Do you think the prices will get close to $100/ point again though? It seems like they are all consistently $120+/ a point now. I’m scared of waiting for AKV prices to go down and missing the $180/point for RIV incentive, only to have AKV not drop back down.
Don't think they are going to go back down.

Just asked for clarification about this and the way I understood about RIV resale owners is correct although he said it could change due to postponement of new resorts etc.

Can you ask when it was changed and ask if it is reflected in the new documents?

As a RIV owner, I’d like to know because I think if they change the POS, they are supposed to inform owners of the change.

Can you ask when it was changed and ask if it is reflected in the new documents?

As a RIV owner, I’d like to know because I think if they change the POS, they are supposed to inform owners of the change.

I’m not sure. He’s not being super forthcoming on it so maybe this could be one of the new changes rumored to go into effect? Feels like he wants to say something but doesn’t want to say more than he’s allowed to. Maybe if someone else contacted a different guide they could get different/better info.

I’m not sure. He’s not being super forthcoming on it so maybe this could be one of the new changes rumored to go into effect? Feels like he wants to say something but doesn’t want to say more than he’s allowed to. Maybe if someone else contacted a different guide they could get different/better info.

Thanks. I did just email my guide from last year but not sure if he is back to work or not. Will keep you posted if I get info from him.

If I don’t in a few days, I will follow up with an email to DVC management regarding it!

Thanks. I did just email my guide from last year but not sure if he is back to work or not. Will keep you posted if I get info from him.

If I don’t in a few days, I will follow up with an email to DVC management regarding it!

Yes, please let me know what you hear!

This would be monumental if it’s confirmed, I would never buy RIV the way it stands, but if they removed resale restrictions it’s a different ball game.

I hope AKV prices drop but I wouldn't count on it. I still think it is a better buy vs RIV but that is my personal bias.

I tend to look for contracts that hang around for awhile and may be more negotiable but with AKV, that isn't typical. I stalk all resale listings early in the morning. Two small OCT AKV's showed up last week on a day I DIDN'T check and I would have been willing to buy both at listing $120. I could have bundled the closing.

RIV is a one way street IMO, after 10 days there is no turning back. An AKV resale, bought at a fair price might be a break even or a small loss in a few years if you regretted your decision. There is such a thing as making a good profit on a sale and it is done every day though timing is essential and you can't have your back against the wall.

If you are just itching to buy, go for a small point, lower priced resort (yes, even 2042) with banked 2019 points that's been sitting for a couple weeks and make an offer. If you get the desired UY, you get to stay at DVC and sleep around at 7 months. All four contracts I bought this summer are worth about 30% + more than I paid for them in this market. I don't plan to flip any in the short turn but will at some point. This option might be a good start for you.

I'll give you an example. I picked up two 25 point OKW w/2020 points in m OCT UY for $100 each (I own two larger OKW OCT). The trick is, I'm having the closing company bundle them (same seller) to save half on closing (about $500). I feel confident that those contracts will hold there value longer than a larger OKW contract. I paid about $5880. I have 100 extra points for next year's trip and two little gems that I will flip when the "writing is on the wall" for 2042!

Just a thought...

This would be monumental if it’s confirmed, I would never buy RIV the way it stands, but if they removed resale restrictions it’s a different ball game.
It didn’t sound like they would completely undo the resale restrictions. He said that RIV owners could stay at new resorts moving forward. It would definitely make RIV more desirable once more new resorts started getting added.

It didn’t sound like they would completely undo the resale restrictions. He said that RIV owners could stay at new resorts moving forward. It would definitely make RIV more desirable once more new resorts started getting added.
Ok, I see what you mean....that’s still better than being RIV only, very interesting if true

Of course, one thing I thought of is that this does not mean it would be a free trade. It could come with a cost, etc. For example, they could charge a fee for a resale owner to book the resort.

The new documents will reflect this if it is indeed true. IHopefully I’ll get a response!

If RIV resale owners could book at new resorts, but L14 resale owners could not, would that mean that they were creating a DVC 2? I believe I read in another thread somewhere that it would violate timeshare laws in Florida to have one entity that could trade into a system without it being reciprocated? In other words, if DVC2 can trade into L14 DVC, then L14 DVC has to be able to trade into DVC 2 as well. That makes me wonder if @Sandisw is correct, and that there will be exchanges allowed, but there will be fees involved. Very interesting. Buckle your seatbelts folks.

If RIV resale owners could book at new resorts, but L14 resale owners could not, would that mean that they were creating a DVC 2? I believe I read in another thread somewhere that it would violate timeshare laws in Florida to have one entity that could trade into a system without it being reciprocated? In other words, if DVC2 can trade into L14 DVC, then L14 DVC has to be able to trade into DVC 2 as well. That makes me wonder if @Sandisw is correct, and that there will be exchanges allowed, but there will be fees involved. Very interesting. Buckle your seatbelts folks.

From my understanding, they can make changes to what they did and they got RIV entered into BVTC under different rules, which many have said should not have happened. But, they did grandfather those in who owned before it entered so not sure if that plays a role.

Now, there could also be a plan...no inside info just my feeling.,.that if they went that route with RIV, it could be the same with L14...for a fee.

But, the document for RIV clearly state they can adjust the resale restrictions, owners sign off on it specifically...at least I had to last year, so it would seem that they could allow RIV resale to become eligible for new resorts, but honestly, I don’t see it.

And. Until I see an update to the POS that states as such, I’d say it’s a stretch from a guide as to something that could happen, not that is a guarantee that it’s changed.

Isn’t this system you speak of pretty much what they have now with RIV resale as it is?

Isn’t this system you speak of pretty much what they have now with RIV resale as it is?

Yes and no, Current L14 can’t trade into new resorts, but neither can RIV. When the new rules went into effect and became part of the RIV POS, all resale was excluded from new resorts,

The change you are mentioning is allowing some resale to go to new resorts....RIV...while leaving L14 still restricted. Technically, the way the document is written, I do think they could do it, but not sure it makes sense

So, if it is Only RIV, both direct and resale have more trading rights than L14 resale which could be seen as a problem. As I said though, I won’t believe it until I see updated POS documents with the new terms.

I feel like if this is the way RIV resale might work, we might not find out until a new resort is actually built unless they wanted to boost sales at RIV by announcing something like this.

If there isn’t any truth to this and the guide was trying to mislead me I feel kind of upset about that. Would it be wrong to email the guide I did my most recent tour with and not use the current one I’ve been dealing with?

If there isn’t any truth to this and the guide was trying to mislead me I feel kind of upset about that. Would it be wrong to email the guide I did my most recent tour with and not use the current one I’ve been dealing with?

They will usually keep you with the same guide. Before you do that, I would ask him to confirm the RIV documents you sign will include what he told you and be honest. Tell him you know of other RIV owners who have told you the documents don’t say it.

If he seems to stall or not give you a yes, then I’d call back and say yoy want someone new because you are no longer confident.

Research tactics of a car salesman. 😂
These are timeshare sellers. Nice & Friendy ones but still with one mission. Sell

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!