Canceling a genie+ question

RobinEJ

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, I apologize if this question has been addressed, but I couldn’t find it anywhere… I’m going to Animal Kingdom later this week on Thursday and my thought is to pick Navi River as my first genie but only iF I can get flight of passenge around the same time in the morning. Of course, I will not know if I can do that because I’m not a resort guest and will have to wait until the park opens… So my question is if I can’t get flight of passage around the same early time, can I then cancel Navi River and say pick the Safari, but then be able to choose Navi later on?? does that make sense? Appreciate the guidance!

Hi everyone, I apologize if this question has been addressed, but I couldn’t find it anywhere… I’m going to Animal Kingdom later this week on Thursday and my thought is to pick Navi River as my first genie but only iF I can get flight of passenge around the same time in the morning. Of course, I will not know if I can do that because I’m not a resort guest and will have to wait until the park opens… So my question is if I can’t get flight of passage around the same early time, can I then cancel Navi River and say pick the Safari, but then be able to choose Navi later on?? does that make sense? Appreciate the guidance!
Once a LL reservation is booked you can modify it to another attraction which would be my suggestion in your situation.

You could cancel your first LL and rebook a new attraction but, that starts the 2 hour clock again which normally isn't preferred.

I would recommend you read the posts on page one of the 'Everything Genie' thread as they discuss and explain this topic in detail.

You should be able to get an early Na'vi. One thing to know is that Na'vi often opens earlier than the Safari. On very busy weeks, we've been able to book early Na'vi then an early Safari. Though we don't always try to also fit early FoP into our morning. Mostly, not that many people buy G+ for AK, because it isn't needed. The only time we buy it is if we also plan to hop to MK later the same day. Other times, we buy nothing, or just buy FoP (no G+).

One thing to know is that EVERYONE rushes to FoP at park opening. Just about everything else that is open has a very short wait for a bit.

You can cancel and rebook as long as the window for return hasn’t passed/expired.
So if you got a 8:15-9:15 return, you need to change the LL to something else before 9:15.

I will say that we are usually resort guests and go on FOP first. Then by the time we get off it’s usually close to park opening or it has just opened. That’s when we go on Na’vi and it’s a walk on. Then onto the safari. You may be able to do without Genie+.

Can someone clarify this further?

If I reserve a LL for Slinky Dog at 11 am and then modify it to 3 pm or change it to a different attraction at 3 pm, does the 2 hour window reset?

Can someone clarify this further?

If I reserve a LL for Slinky Dog at 11 am and then modify it to 3 pm or change it to a different attraction at 3 pm, does the 2 hour window reset?
No. However, the time that MDE says you can book your next LL reservation may change. That's because the time you can book your next reservation is not always the two-hour time. See this post: https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...e-please-read-posts-1-7.3856734/post-63699711

Note: If the LL you are modifying is not your most-recently-booked LL, making changes to it has nothing to do with the two-hour rule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter