Canadians going to WDW in September!

:surfweb:We are leaving from Calgary Alberta - will be at POP from Sept 25th - 30th with free dining and then Sept 30 - Oct 5 offsite. 7 Day Park Hopper tickets. First time for the family although I was there at the 25th Anniversary of Disney World (accidentally before all the info was available on line). Way too many hours online this time trying to figure everything out - but it will be worth it!!!:surfweb

We are going Sept. 1-12 staying at AKL Club Level for FREE DINING :banana:
It was a great savings for our family of 4 (2 teen boys considered "disney adults")...I can't wait, even though I dread heat and humidity, I'll be at Disney World with lower crowds and Free Dining! I'll compromise ;)
We paid off our trip last week too, and just bought $500.00 more spending money with the $ doing not too badly this past week.
I wanted to convert some money before it took a nosedive again with the flu paranoia going around, it is not going to be good for the economy, I think :sad2:
Marie
dont be fooled to much by the off season "reputation" of lower crowds.
WDW has been offering this free meal promo for the past few years for the late Aug-Sept vacationers. It is no longer the "big secret" it may used to have been.

I know several friends who've made this trip and have been floored by the attraction line-ups. Sure the free meal plan is a bonus (just be sure to pre-book your ADR's well in advance, like 3 months to be exact) but the restuarants have been crammed as well.

I've always travelled the first 2 weeks in November. While not considered value season, nor is there a free meal plan. I generally dont have to book my ADR's too far in advacne and have even been able to switch things around once I got on site. The attraction lineups those 2 weeks are rarely longer than 10-15 minutes.....sometimes non-existant.

We are in Niagara region. Flying out of Buffalo...cheap airfare!!!

we are there sept 5-14 cbr

dont be fooled to much by the off season "reputation" of lower crowds.
WDW has been offering this free meal promo for the past few years for the late Aug-Sept vacationers. It is no longer the "big secret" it may used to have been.

I know several friends who've made this trip and have been floored by the attraction line-ups. Sure the free meal plan is a bonus (just be sure to pre-book your ADR's well in advance, like 3 months to be exact) but the restuarants have been crammed as well.

I've always travelled the first 2 weeks in November. While not considered value season, nor is there a free meal plan. I generally dont have to book my ADR's too far in advacne and have even been able to switch things around once I got on site. The attraction lineups those 2 weeks are rarely longer than 10-15 minutes.....sometimes non-existant.

Thanks for your look at the flipside of the coin :goodvibes I agree, you could be looking at crowds no matter when you go nowadays! I got all our ADR's booked without trouble, so that was a relief. I've read many posts on the Dis boards regarding this time frame, and from what I have read from the majority....Sept is a great time to go crowds-wise. I will take it all with a grain of salt, and just enjoy being at WDW :)
We have park hoppers so we can go to another park if any one is too busy... and I also planned some offsite days at Discovery Cove/Seaworld intermingled in to give us a change of pace.

Overall, I am hopeful for a good trip, but am open to the prospect that it is WDW and a favourite destination for many! We'll just have to wait and see how it is and hope for the best...

Marie

We will be there September 8-17 SUPER excited! First September trip! Got all my ADR's I wanted whooohoo!! And an Illuminations cruise to boot (we'd love to share it btw!) :cool1:

Finally booked last week, and Pop was sold out by then...darn! So we upgraded to CSR. Can't wait, it's just been renovated and it looks gorgeous! Sept 18-26 for us. :D

August 30 - September 6th for us.

Staying at VWL for the first 4 nights and then POFQ for the last 3 to take advantage of some free dining!

Ready..set...wait some more.
We are Pop bound on Sept 21-28. Costumes are ready for the whole family for MNSSHP on the 22nd.Excited for Blizzard Beach. ADR's are all set. Gratuity cards are made. Window decorations all "Cricut-ed". The pieces are all falling into place. Nothing left to do but wait.:cheer2:

Call this my personal organizer. :D I clicked on everyone who will mostly overlap our trip, Sept 18-26. Wow, a good crowd!

I'll be there Sept 19-24 at POFQ

Just booked my plane tickets! :banana:

We're going to be there Sept 18-30 at ASMo with free dining!!!

:thumbsup218-27sept staying at all-star movies.

We will be there for the first time from Sept 22 - Oct 2. I still do not know which value property to pick (we need two connecting rooms for the 6 of us). Any suggestions. Also, did any of you get inexpensive flights out of Moncton or Halifax for Sept.....

PEI Mother, did you consider the family suites at AS Music?

We will be there Sept 18-26 at POFQ

Curious how other East Coasters are getting there...

We're going from Sept 15-24 POFQ !:cool1: First time at a moderate!!! Yay, soooo excited :dance3: Do you have your ADR's ready!!!:rotfl:

Going Aug 18-26, flying out of Buffalo (MUCH cheaper than Toronto).

It'll be my 15th trip to WDW but his FIRST!! And it will also be our first vacation alone together :lovestruc
We got married in April '08 and have been putting off the honeymoon, but we've been saving every dollar and now it's time! We're VERY excited :woohoo:

I'm sure you'll have an awesome time. :love:

We are taking out kids on a surprise trip from September 18-27th. We are in at All Star Music - Family Suite for FD.

Is it still a surprise? I don't know how much longer I can keep the kids from figuring it out...dd sees me on the boards ALL. THE. TIME. and is going to notice my new ticker sooner or later!

We're going September 10 - 24 and staying at POP Century. My son decided to come with us for the first week so it will be me, DH and DS for a week and just me and DH for the second week.:goodvibes

Sept 19 to sept 26th at POR!:cheer2::lovestruc

Nobody at CSR? We've never been there, but the new reno looks fab. :goodvibes

How're the adrs coming?

We will be at POFQ September 13th to 21st. Can't believe we are going again this year. I feel blessed.

Call this my personal organizer. :D I clicked on everyone who will mostly overlap our trip, Sept 18-26. Wow, a good crowd!

How're the adrs coming?

Count me in too :yay:
(My post on this thread is #19)

Sept 25th to Oct 4th at Pop Century :banana:

We are all finalized at making this next trip. We are going Aug 29 - Sept 7 and staying at ASMu.

I found out this morning that friends of ours are going as well but will be staying at a different resort. How cool???? We are going to try and arrange a breakfast together.

We will be staying at POP from Sept 30th to Oct 3rd. I am sooo excited as this will be DD's first trip. She is beyond thrilled and keeps asking when we are going. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter