Canadian Magic ~ June 10, 2012

Do they have a formal night or just semi formal night? Also, did they do a character breakfast?

There is a semi-formal, dress up night on the second evening. There isn't any character breakfast.

On the first evening of the cruise (embarkation day) I was surprised to see about 75% of the passengers in shorts and/or t-shirts at dinner. We had main dining (5:45 p.m.) and were in the Parrot Cay restaurant.

There is a semi-formal, dress up night on the second evening. There isn't any character breakfast.

On the first evening of the cruise (embarkation day) I was surprised to see about 75% of the passengers in shorts and/or t-shirts at dinner. We had main dining (5:45 p.m.) and were in the Parrot Cay restaurant.

We were surprised how casual people were on this cruise. Short, Short cut off jean shorts w/ a tank top won the prize on the last night of the cruise. It was such an odd mix of levels of casual. Perhaps we had a lot of 1st time cruisers who never got the message of what cruise casual means. Dress Up was listed than Semi-Formal & we certainly saw a wide variety of what dress up means to people. I saw an older couple in jeans & zip up sweatshirts???

Oh well, to each they're own. They'll probably either get the message & bring some dressier clothes next time or it's just their style.

What a wonderful, no, Magical cruise that was. And the Canadian people were fantastic. Everyone was so pleased that Disney came. What beautiful cities, great historical info, sincere people. Loved the bagpipes at arrival! and the roses. :love::love::love:

Hope Disney comes back to NYC and does the same cruise. :banana:I'll be on it and do Peggy's Cove and the St John River cruise! I enjoyed my bus tours of both cities. The guides were very informative and the stops great! Loved the Victorian houses in both cities and the gardens.

Loved doing b2b cruises. The cruise to nowhere was also great! But the best thing was being back on the ship by 10:30 and having coffees at the Cove Cafe. I loved Calvin and I don't do specialty coffees but they were great!

Got up at 4:30 am like the Captain suggested to see NYC at night. Another Magical experience.:dance3:

We had a blast on this cruise! Made some great friends! Lots of very fond memories.

We were also surprised at the 'casualness' of some folks dress at dinner. We would stand around (waiting to enter for dinner) and look at the various outfits. Hubby may give me a hard time next time about dressing up, but I like to dress up so we enjoyed it.

Can someone tell me on which post I can find the link for the fish extender spreadsheet? I have been through here over and over and still can not locate it, Thanks.

Not sure if you were looking for this cruise since you were asking after we had cruised. The link was in the very first post.

We had a blast on this cruise! Made some great friends! Lots of very fond memories.

We were also surprised at the 'casualness' of some folks dress at dinner. We would stand around (waiting to enter for dinner) and look at the various outfits. Hubby may give me a hard time next time about dressing up, but I like to dress up so we enjoyed it.

We were almost in shorts the first night since our luggage arrived so late (upgraded at the port). I noticed too that people were very casual. We enjoy dressing up too, although we didn't dress up as much as usual this time.

Beth

Thank you all of our wonderful DISboard members who went out of their way to make this cruise even more magical. From the Kuzma's sailing party (and all the magical goodies) to my fellow FE participants and their truly creative, imaginative and very generous FE gifts, to DISboard fb group's fun and games... and thank you Cayla and Patricia for putting in the time to organize us all :love:

A little Pixie Dust for us all in our post-cruise recovery...:tinker:

Just back from The Magic.

The Scenic Railway Tour was wretched. It was so bad and so many people complained that DCL refunded half the fee...It was overpriced at half the price.

It is basically a commercial for the Irving family and all the businesses they own.

The "scenic vistas" include graffiti and skate boarders under an overpass, a church "But you can't see it from here", a lengthy stop behind the Irving paper factory in hopes of seeing a dump truck unload wood chips "Oh,l guess we missed it". A stop over the bay while the tour guide told us about his friend who died in a gas station explosion, and many people hanging their laundry out to dry.

I guess DCL did not get a chance to preview this one. We and many others felt downright ripped off.

Other than that, we had a great time, Halifax is gorgeous, feel free to ask away.

was only the second cruise ship the tour had run for ! We were told.

was only the second cruise ship the tour had run for ! We were told.

Dale picked up a paper at Saint John (he loves to read the local papers when we are away). There was a large article about the Magic coming to town and I believe that this tour was created just for Disney. We did the trolley tour (cheap and informative, to me worth what we spent) and were told that they only get a couple ships a WEEK if they are lucky.

Thank you all of our wonderful DISboard members who went out of their way to make this cruise even more magical. From the Kuzma's sailing party (and all the magical goodies) to my fellow FE participants and their truly creative, imaginative and very generous FE gifts, to DISboard fb group's fun and games... and thank you Cayla and Patricia for putting in the time to organize us all :love:

A little Pixie Dust for us all in our post-cruise recovery...:tinker:

You are very welcome - I will pass your comment onto Michael. He really gets into this stuff!!

I didn't realize that DCL was refunding the Train mess - I will call them tomorrow to make sure I get the refund as well. I also felt that was a total waste of my time. I was excited to do it, and now wish I HAD kept my jetboat excursion (booked privately) and had done that instead of the train. Oh Well....

We did the HOHO in both cities, it was just perfect for us!! I found the cities charming and neither felt like "big city"ish to either of us. We did find the port shopping in St John was overpriced, but had already purchased everything we wanted except our little magnet prior to getting there.

All in all - a very nice cruise!

Cayla

You are very welcome - I will pass your comment onto Michael. He really gets into this stuff!!

I didn't realize that DCL was refunding the Train mess - I will call them tomorrow to make sure I get the refund as well. I also felt that was a total waste of my time. I was excited to do it, and now wish I HAD kept my jetboat excursion (booked privately) and had done that instead of the train. Oh Well....

We did the HOHO in both cities, it was just perfect for us!! I found the cities charming and neither felt like "big city"ish to either of us. We did find the port shopping in St John was overpriced, but had already purchased everything we wanted except our little magnet prior to getting there.

All in all - a very nice cruise!

Cayla

DCL refunded half the cost of the train excursion in Saint John to those participants who filled out a comment form requesting it. Really they should have refunded the entire cost. We lost valuable cruise time taking this excursion, as well as vacation hours from work required to take the cruise.

I agree with you about port shopping in Saint John. We only bought two magnets.

I got some good photos of Michael at dinner on pirate night! He was so authentic I first thought he worked for DCL.

I didn't see the invitation until the last night. It was mixed in with a bunch of other paperwork like receipts and things. We wouldn't have gone anyway since it conflicted with our excursion. Only Gold and Platinum members get invited if I remember correctly, which, of course, doesn't always happen ;)!

Beth

I didn't see the invitation until the last night. It was mixed in with a bunch of other paperwork like receipts and things. We wouldn't have gone anyway since it conflicted with our excursion. Only Gold and Platinum members get invited if I remember correctly, which, of course, doesn't always happen ;)!

Beth

That would be why I didn't know about this, being a 'lowly' silver member :)

But since we were on that same excursion guess it would have conflicted for us too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter