Canadian Magic ~ June 10, 2012

OMG there really is Pixie Dust - we are upgraded!!!

CABIN CHANGE FOR FE LIST:

we are now in 7600!!!

WOO HOO!!!

an outside cabin no less!!

:wizard: Congrats! :cheer2:

Were you GTY originally, then got a room, then got an upgrade?

Hoping some day for pixie dust--got my hopes up for this cruise when DCL tried calling me twice, I called back, & then they didn't know why they called me.

I join the rest of the June 17 meet group in wishing you all smooth sailing :sail:and wonderful times! Return safely filled with tons of Magic to tell us about:wizard:!

OMG there really is Pixie Dust - we are upgraded!!!

CABIN CHANGE FOR FE LIST:

we are now in 7600!!!

WOO HOO!!!

an outside cabin no less!!

I updated a print out copy for any at the meet up (in case they were planning on stopping by your cabin for a copy). How exciting.

I'm ready! All packed and ready to go. Now to get a good night's sleep. See you all tomorrow!

Welcome back! Hope everyone had a great time as the first people to sail this itinerary!

Anyone willing to share some quick details with those of us sailing to Canada on Sunday? Dining rotations? Shows? Weather? Port excursions and touring? Any special activities or details on the ship related to Canada? We'd love to hear anything you can tell us!

Welcome back! Hope everyone had a great time as the first people to sail this itinerary!

Anyone willing to share some quick details with those of us sailing to Canada on Sunday? Dining rotations? Shows? Weather? Port excursions and touring? Any special activities or details on the ship related to Canada? We'd love to hear anything you can tell us!

Just back from The Magic.

The Scenic Railway Tour was wretched. It was so bad and so many people complained that DCL refunded half the fee...It was overpriced at half the price.

It is basically a commercial for the Irving family and all the businesses they own.

The "scenic vistas" include graffiti and skate boarders under an overpass, a church "But you can't see it from here", a lengthy stop behind the Irving paper factory in hopes of seeing a dump truck unload wood chips "Oh,l guess we missed it". A stop over the bay while the tour guide told us about his friend who died in a gas station explosion, and many people hanging their laundry out to dry.

I guess DCL did not get a chance to preview this one. We and many others felt downright ripped off.

Other than that, we had a great time, Halifax is gorgeous, feel free to ask away.

What nights did you have rotational dining?. What menu did you have besides rotational and pirate? Which shows on which nights? Thank you so much, we leave Sunday!!

We're just back a few minutes ago. We had a wonderful time! Halifax is beautiful and the people are extremely friendly.

We took the tour to Peggy's Cove and the Titanic Cemetary and we loved it. The trip to the cove was through some beautiful areas, and the cove itself was beyond beautiful. The Titanic Cemetary was very interesting. I will try to get my pictures uploaded today.

Here's the link to my Peggy's Cove pictures. Be warned...I'm a compulsive photographer. I love beautiful scenery. There are lots of pictures!

https://picasaweb.google.com/onelittlesparkofinspiration/PeggySCoveHalifaxNovaScotia

In St. John we walked Round the port area in the morning and took the St. John River Cruise in the afternoon. That was wonderful too. It was a small group (17) and we saw some to the city including the reversing falls before we headed out on the boat. We spent a little over two hours on the river, learning about the St. John River, its wildlife and historical points and how it affected the development of St. John. I would recommend this tour to anyone. Even the small children were enjoying themselves!

I can't remember whether Disney offered zooming at the Reversing Falls, but we saw it and would not recommend it to anyone. The zip line is very short, you don't cross over the falls but go along the shore, and the line is so loose that they have to pull you along the last section with a hook!

The weather was gorgeous. It was chilly when we arrived, but by afternoon a lightweight sweater was almost too warm.

I'll come back and post a link to my photos as soon as I get them edited and uploaded. I took more than 1,000!

If there are any specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Beth

I'll come back and post a link to my photos as soon as I get them edited and uploaded. I took more than 1,000!

Beth

Thanks so much for the information. Can't wait to see the pictures. Can you tell us about the dining rotation - we were told that the second night (Monday) would be semi-formal night with a special menu, and the fourth night (Wednesday) would be the pirate night menu. Is this correct? If so, what was the menu on semi-formal night?

Thanks so much for the information. Can't wait to see the pictures. Can you tell us about the dining rotation - we were told that the second night (Monday) would be semi-formal night with a special menu, and the fourth night (Wednesday) would be the pirate night menu. Is this correct? If so, what was the menu on semi-formal night?

Monday was indeed semi-formal night, but we were in Animator's Palate and the menu seemed like the standard...I had the pennette pasta. No lobster, in case you were hoping.

Can someone tell me on which post I can find the link for the fish extender spreadsheet? I have been through here over and over and still can not locate it, Thanks.

We're just back a few minutes ago. We had a wonderful time! Halifax is beautiful and the people are extremely friendly.

We took the tour to Peggy's Cove and the Titanic Cemetary and we loved it. The trip to the cove was through some beautiful areas, and the cove itself was beyond beautiful. The Titanic Cemetary was very interesting. I will try to get my pictures uploaded today.

Here's the link to my Peggy's Cove pictures. Be warned...I'm a compulsive photographer. I love beautiful scenery. There are lots of pictures!

https://picasaweb.google.com/onelittlesparkofinspiration/PeggySCoveHalifaxNovaScotia

In St. John we walked Round the port area in the morning and took the St. John River Cruise in the afternoon. That was wonderful too. It was a small group (17) and we saw some to the city including the reversing falls before we headed out on the boat. We spent a little over two hours on the river, learning about the St. John River, its wildlife and historical points and how it affected the development of St. John. I would recommend this tour to anyone. Even the small children were enjoying themselves!

I can't remember whether Disney offered zooming at the Reversing Falls, but we saw it and would not recommend it to anyone. The zip line is very short, you don't cross over the falls but go along the shore, and the line is so loose that they have to pull you along the last section with a hook!

The weather was gorgeous. It was chilly when we arrived, but by afternoon a lightweight sweater was almost too warm.

Beth

So glad you enjoyed the cruise and the Halifax port, I live in Halifax and I took my kids over to see the ship come in last week. It's great to see Disney here. We've done 2 DCL cruises and planning for #'s 3 and 4 in 2013 and 2014.

Kelly

So glad you enjoyed the cruise and the Halifax port, I live in Halifax and I took my kids over to see the ship come in last week. It's great to see Disney here. We've done 2 DCL cruises and planning for #'s 3 and 4 in 2013 and 2014.

Kelly

Just have to say how much we LOVED your beautiful Halifax...lovely people, the waterfront area so inviting and clean! DH and I have decided to take a road trip so we can see much more of the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter