• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

I don't know when they will offer the next class. It will probably be in about two months. Which means two more months with no income.

Well, that sucks.

The class is six weeks and it's all online. In fact I need to get a home landline for the class and to eventually take calls. I haven't had a landline since 2002!

You're regressing!
Next they'll tell you, you need
to beat your clothes on a rock
in the river to clean them.

You also need a smartphone but I've had that. I did get a new laptop but I don't really use it. Don't want anything to happen to it.

Don't want to use it?
As in get a virus?

I thought Carrie Cat sounded catchy.

::yes::

Were you really in the WestJet commercial? Because I didn't see you!

No. They asked us if we wanted
to go under the arch.
We saw them do that (and film it)
and they said "Do you want to go?"
Ruby said no.
I can't say for sure, even if we'd done it,
if we would've been in the commercial.

Elevators are somewhat common in three story townhomes here in Houston. so a two story with the basement would be three levels too.

Huh. Big!

Of course, in a three story townhouse, you always enter on the bottom floor, but that is not the case with a basement.

Sometimes. Some basements have walk outs.
Generally if they are on sloped ground.

Hello old friend! Not old as in age, of course. I won't pretend I'll be able to catch up on 98 pages but gonna tag along for whatever is left and go back as much as possible :goodvibes Great to be back and hope you're well!!!

Actually, I usually only do one.
That's
plenty.

It usually takes days
to feel human again.

I can understand that. Sort of like how I felt on our travel day home from WDW. I was up for 23 hours.

:laughing:
Ever get caught?

Usually they're in front of me and not looking out of the eyes in the back of their heads.

That's roughly equivalent
to the surface of the sun, right?

Nah, just the surface of Mercury.

That's no one's fault.

Groan.

please tell me you got that.

I had to go back and read it again.

Had to Google Anza Borrego. Cool!

It's also the desert scene in the old Soarin' the one where the Cowboys are riding on horseback and the music turns to a "Spanish twist". And then the Blue Angels fly through.

Hmmm... prediction points?
Interesting concept.

Shall I deduct points if you're wrong?
In the future of course.

Wanna roll the dice?
If you're right, I'll give you 10 points.
If you're wrong I'll deduct 20 points.
(The house always wins.)

So????

Those are really bad odds. Which makes me think I might be right.

Hmmmm.

I like to gamble. Go hard or go home. Might as well at this point. Not much to lose. Although I really think I should at least get even odds.

I meant to comment earlier, but were those bedposts in the hotel the same type of Swan fish as the swalphin in WDW?

Can I use your TR to do a poll? Where does everyone think DH and I should stay for our 10th wedding anniversary trip? We're going Sept 18, we went there for our honeymoon and stayed at ASSp. Should we stick with the regular dining plan (which we hope to get free) or upgrade to deluxe? Or should I start a PTR for it?

Can I use your TR to do a poll? Where does everyone think DH and I should stay for our 10th wedding anniversary trip? We're going Sept 18, we went there for our honeymoon and stayed at ASSp. Should we stick with the regular dining plan (which we hope to get free) or upgrade to deluxe? Or should I start a PTR for it?

It'd probably be cleaner if you started your own PTR. Plus it would give you a better chance to keep all of the responses organized and accessible later, rather than wading through so many pages of this thread.

Good luck on your planning!

Last edited:
It's also the desert scene in the old Soarin' the one where the Cowboys are riding on horseback and the music turns to a "Spanish twist". And then the Blue Angels fly through.
We went camping there every year with our Jeep Club and enjoyed the Spring beauty of it. We'd sit in campchairs by the washes that had water in the shade of the willows, oooh and ahhh at the cactus blooms and always come home with several bags of grapefruit. It really holds a magical place in my heart. Someday, I'll make it back there.

I think you should start a thread, Carrie. You could get a lot of good feedback there and enjoy the banter and hosting it.

Hello old friend!

TRACY!!!!!! :wave2:
(Yes. That's still reserved for you.)

Not old as in age, of course.

Welllll.... :rolleyes1

I won't pretend I'll be able to catch up on 98 pages but gonna tag along for whatever is left and go back as much as possible :goodvibes

Great! So happy to see you once again!
Still in charge of all things glass?

Great to be back and hope you're well!!!

Great to have you back!
I'm doing okay.
Some days better than others. :)

I can understand that. Sort of like how I felt on our travel day home from WDW. I was up for 23 hours.

So how did you feel after that?
Now add 5 hours or so...
and repeat every week.

Welcome to my world!

Usually they're in front of me and not looking out of the eyes in the back of their heads.

Ah!
Discretion. Understood.

Nah, just the surface of Mercury.

Oh, well, that's not so.... Wait a second!!

Groan.

I had to go back and read it again.

;)

Oh! I never knew that.
Now I'm sad I can't see it again.

Those are really bad odds. Which makes me think I might be right.

Hmmmm.

I like to gamble. Go hard or go home. Might as well at this point. Not much to lose. Although I really think I should at least get even odds.

I'm considering that a virtual handshake.
You sure?
Last chance before it's cast in stone.

It'd probably be cleaner if you started your own PTR. Plus it would give you a better chance to keep all of the responses organized and accessible later, rather than wading through so many pages of this thread.

Good luck on your planning!

I think you should start a thread, Carrie. You could get a lot of good feedback there and enjoy the banter and hosting it.

I think you just got your answer! :laughing:
I would encourage you to start your own, Carrie.
Otherwise if you start here, you'll have to
transfer it all over there at some point.

We went camping there every year with our Jeep Club and enjoyed the Spring beauty of it. We'd sit in campchairs by the washes that had water in the shade of the willows, oooh and ahhh at the cactus blooms and always come home with several bags of grapefruit. It really holds a magical place in my heart. Someday, I'll make it back there.
That really sounds nice.
Yes, I am a bit envious.

I've made it to page 27 and boy am I glad I've started from the very beginning. I have so much to say but it's getting late and my 5am alarm will come all too quick.

For starters, though... :worship::worship: I have no words for your Splash photo. Except these. HOLY COW OMG WHOAZA THIS IS THE BEST RIDE PHOTO EVER ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? BRILLIANT!!!!!

So enjoying another pkondz TR - amazing how your name is also so popular among the airlines and at Disney... :rolleyes1;)

I'll pick up on page 28 tomorrow - SO good to be back!!! :goodvibes

I've made it to page 27 and boy am I glad I've started from the very beginning. I have so much to say but it's getting late and my 5am alarm will come all too quick.

For starters, though... :worship::worship: I have no words for your Splash photo. Except these. HOLY COW OMG WHOAZA THIS IS THE BEST RIDE PHOTO EVER ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? BRILLIANT!!!!!

So enjoying another pkondz TR - amazing how your name is also so popular among the airlines and at Disney... :rolleyes1;)

I'll pick up on page 28 tomorrow - SO good to be back!!! :goodvibes

When you catch up on this TR, you've got to binge read his other TRs. They're equally entertaining. He has a story in his animal kingdom day in the TR with his daughter that is ROFL material. I'll just say "poof." If you haven't read that TR, do it.

With that said, his splash photo in this TR is clearly the new benchmark. I haven't seen anything else compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter