Canadian Buffoon's Hi Low Vacation - South Central Musings

Mmmm.... Except... bowling alley pizza? Or good pizza?
(unless a miracle has occurred and a bowling alley has good pizza.)

Yeah, it's a miracle! Everyone thought it wasn't bad.

I was going to say, neither am I.
But. 65?
You're really not a good bowler.
Did all the little kids make fun of you?

No, I did beat them and my best friend. She got a 26.

Ow! Now how did you manage that?!?!?
I bit into a bagel! It was already a bad tooth. Now it's worse. Needs to come out.

But... you tried.
Well yeah, after I heard about the bonus points.

In other news, I found Tim Tams at a Walmart. They're good, not amazing. Probably not something that I'll crave.

Ya gots that right toots.
Well.... I could be persuaded to part
with
some cash.... with the right incentive.

I have a steak dinner waiting for you if you ever visit Oregon. I've made that offer to anyone who'd like to mosey on over.

I have a steak dinner waiting for you if you ever visit Oregon. I've made that offer to anyone who'd like to mosey on over.

I'd still visit Oregon (when the vacation moratorium has been lifted), but the promise of a steak Dinner makes it even more enticing! :hyper:

Yeah, it's a miracle! Everyone thought it wasn't bad.

Wow. And.... good!

No, I did beat them and my best friend. She got a 26.

A 26? Was she even there?

I bit into a bagel! It was already a bad tooth. Now it's worse. Needs to come out.

A bagel! Well, that totally sucks.
Did you see a dentist yet?

Well yeah, after I heard about the bonus points.

::yes::

In other news, I found Tim Tams at a Walmart. They're good, not amazing. Probably not something that I'll crave.

I had no idea what Tim Tams were until I Googled.
They sound good, though.

Do those actually swim?! Around here they are pretty much slow moving blobs. There I finally found it.

and:
Just found the starfish that wants to swim with you.

Look at you two. Playing so nicely together.

Would a sashay work?

I'd still visit Oregon (when the vacation moratorium has been lifted), but the promise of a steak Dinner makes it even more enticing! :hyper:

Get in line, lady! :laughing:

I had no idea what Tim Tams were until I Googled.
They sound good, though.

I think Tim Tams are amazing! I thought I was safe because I only got them when my friend from Australia came to visit. Then I found them at the mini Target near my house.

Hello! I'm a little late to the party, but I see the new update isn't in yet, so I'm sliding into 2nd! I was held captive by 3 cuties over the weekend from Friday night until midnight Sunday. They used their sticky fingers as weapons and their hugs and smiles to disable my reasoning ability. I think they were aliens, but I'm not sure which planet they were from. Anyway, love your 2DMT pic! Love your touristy cool calm camera pose while the lady behind you is screaming like crazy! LOL
That ice cream sandwich is surprisingly large! I guess that's a sharable snack. I may have to see if DLR has it at Carnation Café. I'm sure those aliens could help me eat it.

1. Okay, fine. I'm leaving.
What method of transportation did I use?

Bus

2. How long is my wait this time?
3 min

3. I am going to a park... sometime.
Where am I going now?
a. My resort.
b. Springs.
c. Another park.
d. Another resort.
e. Other, because there has to be an other.
Springs - I'm thinking the Harley store is calling your name

4. Which park do I go to next?
DHS

5. Extra security? Yes or no?
No, the force is with you

6. I stand in line. I know. You're shocked.
How long? (it was long)
46 minutes

7. You know those jerks
who stand right in front of you
after you've staked out a spot?
Who was it?
a. CM
b. Man (guest)
c. Woman (guest)
d. Me
Me - you had a misstep and forgot your surroundings while taking a pic

8. Long day? Short?
What time do I get to bed?
Seems long with all of those places to go - I guess 11:15

Bonus: Just a little thought, did you see it?
Sure you saw it.
You saw it, right?
Saw both, then had to go back and treasure the amazingness of it all because I forgot how awesome it was

Coming up: There's a trick to it.
And another picture I can't wait to show you

You know. I really enjoyed that movie.
A good "feel good" movie.
I did see it way back when. Not too bad, really.
There was no acceptable excuse for the sequel though.

Given a choice I’d rather see George working with Gracie.
(and actually there was that other time that John Denver was in a film which was more entertaining, oh and of course the times he worked with the Muppets.)

I never said I was smart...
Well that explains why I don’t remember hearing it.

::yes:: And yet.
When Kay watched it not long ago...
She laughed through the whole thing.
Not surprised…
Considering the proliferation of slasher films and the gratuitous amount of gore in general that has crept into so much visual entertainment over time, I can see where simple Hitchcock style suspense is no longer effective to such desensitized folk.

'Cause the tabloids are always right.
“Best investigative reporting on the planet.
Read the '' New York Times'' if you want.
They get lucky sometimes.”

Been in both of Ludwig's.
But I suspect Heff's would be more fun.
So long as you aren’t planning of running for any kind of public office in the future.

And why would you?

:laughing: Schwartz!
“My father worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay.
It was his true medium.
A master.”

Oh! OooOOoooOOkaaAAaaAAyyYYyyYYY!!
Yep…
That should get you better results.

I prefer to think of it as Practice makes perfect.
Would perfect failure still be considered perfect?

Too late! That jokes been taken... at least twice!
Not so far as I knew…
I try to comment before reading everyone else’s replies.

But I’ll concede the point (if any) to those that were quicker on the draw.

What does our dollar have to do with this?
It stands in as a good metaphor for the folks that live up that way.

There it is.
That's the level of class I expect.
“And you shall receive it. In abundance!”

:laughing: Nicely done!
"Don't go bacon my, don't go bacon my, don't go bacon my heart!"
I saw it as a pretty decent salvation of an otherwise dreadful pop song.
Besides, there can never to too much bacon.

Hi folks.
Your friendly host here.
Well... your host here.
You be the judge on the friendly part.

No way I'm getting to replies today.
And even less likelihood that I'll
be writing any update either (today I mean.)

I put in 36 hours of work on my three days "off".
Last night was the worst, though.
After a second 16 hour shift,
I got home around 11:30pm
and had to shovel until 1:20am to get the cars
in the garage.
Fell asleep around 1:40am, up at 5am.
More shoveling, drive Elle to school,
race home, drive Kay to school
then race to work for a 12 hour shift.

I'm a little tired.
And, well, frankly I don't feel very well.

So if you'll excuse me,
I have 25 minutes left on my supper break
and I think I'm just going to stare
blankly off into space for a while.

oh no! feel better Ponzi!, better get my guesses in since I missed the last round. Then to catch up on the banter.. Oh and make our fast passes for our trip (that is now rapidly approaching, too much stuff not enough day it seems. also trying to figure in an evening visit to Disneyland to take lil miss Scarlett to see It's a Small WOrld holiday. They do a Christmas overlay that is really cute but they also do a great light show on the front of the building that is pretty darn awesome. We tried to catch it a couple of weeks ago. The weather called for rain but jeesh this is SO CAL and when does it really rain here anymore. well it did that night. So we grabbed dinner, stopped in the Main Street attraction that has the Mickey cartoons from the 30's playing for a bit and then made a mad dash for the trams, rain stopped as we were pulling out of the parking structure lol.... after a 10 year drought we have pretty much learned to not get our hopes up when they call for rain out here.
I think you take the monorail and wait 6 minutes
you go to the poly to check out the hotel and the beach etc
I think you are headed to Animal kingdom
no extra security
you stand in line for 40 minutes for expedition Everest
I think it is a cast member who stands in front of you
long day you get to bed around 11pm
again I hope you feel better, need to get to booking those fast passes for now

Hi folks.
Your friendly host here.
Well... your host here.
You be the judge on the friendly part.

No way I'm getting to replies today.
And even less likelihood that I'll
be writing any update either (today I mean.)

in the garage.

I'm a little tired.
And, well, frankly I don't feel very well.

So if you'll excuse me,

Really hoping for some long, sweet rest for you! This just sounds utterly horrible and like a living nightmare. Take care of yourself and take all the time you need. We'll be here when you feel better. :hug:

You can't get sick! I won't allow it! We need the next chapter! I was just coming on here to ask when the next one would be up.

I have a lot of bad teeth. I need two partials, one one the top and one one the bottom. Just don't know how to pay for them. I haven't been to the dentist for awhile. I have some anitbiotics and pain pills from another trip so I've been taking them. The pain has lessened. I'm waiting to get our insurance money for next year until I do anything major.

@Steppesister,,,,,how far away from Seattle do you live? I may get there someday soon. My friend from college lives there. I also have a friend that lives in Eugene. And I know someone that lives in Portland. I could do a whole northwest trip.

You can't get sick! I won't allow it! We need the next chapter! I was just coming on here to ask when the next one would be up.

I have a lot of bad teeth. I need two partials, one one the top and one one the bottom. Just don't know how to pay for them. I haven't been to the dentist for awhile. I have some anitbiotics and pain pills from another trip so I've been taking them. The pain has lessened. I'm waiting to get our insurance money for next year until I do anything major.

@Steppesister,,,,,how far away from Seattle do you live? I may get there someday soon. My friend from college lives there. I also have a friend that lives in Eugene. And I know someone that lives in Portland. I could do a whole northwest trip.

I live an hour and 10 minutes (depending on the (usually) crappy traffic in the Metro area) south of Portland; 2 hours north of Eugene; 4 hours south of Seattle (also depending on traffic). I have MANY times thought of hosting another PNW DISMeet; there are a TON of us. It would be a great time. Summer is best though, so we can be outside. :) The last time, we had a Disney-themed potluck of sorts, cooked together, yacked with wine on the deck, and some spent the night. SUPER fun! Let me know... if others are interested we should get something cooked up.

in the garage.

I don't even know how you can deal with this. Really. I would literally pull the covers over my head and cry. I am just that untough.

So if you'll excuse me,

Please just fall over on your side and fall asleep! You need it!

Last edited:
Yiiissh am I late to the party.

I haven't read anything yet, but it's quieting down at work so I'm gearing to start being, well, around here again. So here I am to catch up!

55 pages to go! :P

Hi Pokndz
You really need to schedule yourself some time off relaxing by the fire with a glass in hand.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter