• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Canadian Buffoon's DISmeet vacation - 09/14 - Bowled Over

You do???
Did I not see that????

Evidently you did not look up as you entered my front door. We have the one from MK to put up over the back door, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

:lmao:

Touched on a nerve, did I?

Not really, I just think the MK castle is so out of place. It's like the size queens were in charge and whenever they get involved, bigger is always better. I'm just used to our castle and when I see that one, I'm like "Oh yeah, I forgot they had to make it so big."

I can see that.
I'd like to see the overlay...

Once.

After that it better be back
to "normal" afterwards!

Yeah, it been nearly 20 years and counting. The song in the graveyard gets tiresome.

Nyah, nyah nyah nyah nyah
Nyah nyah, nyah nyah nyah
Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah

I tried to find a video or audio link for this but all I could find was a 28 minute long video of what I believe is a ride through.

I haven't seen the new one, of course.
But I have seen photos.
I'm actually okay with that.

I hope to see it Saturday.

With the exception that I assume
they no longer say
"We wants the redhead!"

Sad about that.
Despite any connotations.

Yes we will see!

debark...

That's what you might do
to an easily overly stimulated dog.

If you were cruel.

That's even more disturbing!

Oh, is that what was going on?
I hadn't realized.
I was just going where I was led.

You knew exactly where we were going!

Uh, huh.

Remind me to walk behind you
when approaching water-ways
in WDW.

Sure. I trust Disney attractions.

I'd love to take a crack at it
with my good camera,
fast lens, wide open aperture,
high ISO.

I've tried it with my Jack of all trades lens. The thing I don't like about my wide open aperture lens is no focus, fixed.

Did you?
I suspect you're more likely
to get some before I am!

About two weeks ago! :teeth:

Hmmm... Define "near".
The one we like to go to
is about an hour and half drive.
Within that distance?
Not sure... A dozen or more?

OK I'll give you near for that. I was thinking Vancouver or Nova Scotia, I guess you have water to the north? :confused3

Phew! No notes didn't fail me!

Hope you were good on this one.

Could've shared!
I didn't know they'd have
sliced onions going!

You weren't next to me. I didn't know. I think Liesa was in between us, she could have grabbed you one! See how I threw her under the bus!

I really enjoyed it.
Enough so that I'd like to do it again.
I don't think I appreciated it
as much as I should have.
Too busy trying to pose
for the camera.

When you come back we'll do another Disney day and ride it again!

So it's that missing single rider's fault!

Precisely!

Okay!

Finally caught up... everywhere.
(Until someone posts... anything.)

Well I hope to post soon but probably won't happen until at least Sunday since Jill arrives in 12 hours and we will be partying until she leaves or at least we go to sleep the night before she leaves.

Oh! And just noticed that
in another 8 posts
(seven now)
I will hit 20,000 posts.

And you made me look and I'm over 32,000. How did that happen? I used to pay attention but now that I post mostly from my phone I can't see it so I don't bother to look!

Evidently you did not look up as you entered my front door. We have the one from MK to put up over the back door, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Well, why on Earth would I look up when I can look at you???

Not really, I just think the MK castle is so out of place. It's like the size queens were in charge and whenever they get involved, bigger is always better. I'm just used to our castle and when I see that one, I'm like "Oh yeah, I forgot they had to make it so big."

Here's where my reaction comes from.
I saw this:
20120730044903_1938494084_2202_0.jpg

well before I saw this:
250px-Cinderella_Castle_2013_Wade.jpg

So, for me, it just made sense that it would look like that.

Yeah, it been nearly 20 years and counting. The song in the graveyard gets tiresome.

Nyah nyah, nyah nyah nyah
Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah

Ugh... that sounds... terrible.

That's even more disturbing!

Is it? Are you sure?

You knew exactly where we were going!

:laughing: Actually... not always!

Sure. I trust Disney attractions.

I was thinking more the canals in Florida.

I've tried it with my Jack of all trades lens. The thing I don't like about my wide open aperture lens is no focus, fixed.

You mean zoom, not focus, but I get what you're saying.

About two weeks ago! :teeth:

Lucky! :)

OK I'll give you near for that. I was thinking Vancouver or Nova Scotia, I guess you have water to the north? :confused3

Um... Let's see.
In my province we have about
(no, not exaggerating... Google it.)
110,000 lakes,
including the 10th largest
freshwater lake in the world.
Over 15% of the area is water.

You weren't next to me. I didn't know. I think Liesa was in between us, she could have grabbed you one! See how I threw her under the bus!

:laughing:
Yeah! It's her fault!

When you come back we'll do another Disney day and ride it again!

Okay! :goodvibes

Well I hope to post soon but probably won't happen until at least Sunday since Jill arrives in 12 hours and we will be partying until she leaves or at least we go to sleep the night before she leaves.

Have fun! :)

And you made me look and I'm over 32,000. How did that happen? I used to pay attention but now that I post mostly from my phone I can't see it so I don't bother to look!

I hadn't looked in ages either.
I just happened to glance over and... hey!

Que Sera…

We were staying with family on the peninsula in Kingston, WA from the 13th though the 20th
I could have caught the ferry from there and meet you in Edmonds just off I-5 a bit north of the city, or caught he Bainbridge Island ferry and met up downtown.

Maybe another time.

Well.... how about late September?
Uh... I'll PM you.

It’s all about the writing.
They could hardly go wrong with both Mel Brooks and Buck Henry on the story lines
(so long as the big wigs stayed out of it and didn’t try to censor them, that is)

::yes::

One of the best protest songs devised.

I've spent much time relegated to the Group-W bench for not being acceptable to the fashionable

And I did listen to it!
And... :thumbsup2

Delays, delays…

;)

Well, why on Earth would I look up when I can look at you???

:blush:

Here's where my reaction comes from.
I saw this:
20120730044903_1938494084_2202_0.jpg

OK, I can say the same thing, but it looks very natural in that setting. I had been looking at Sleeping Beauty's castle much longer than before I saw Neuschwanstein. There aren't grandiose mountains surrounding Cinderella's castle. In fact Space Mountain pales in comparison.

well before I saw this:
250px-Cinderella_Castle_2013_Wade.jpg

So, for me, it just made sense that it would look like that.

And I would get it if anything around it was remotely that tall, but there's nothing so to me it looks grossly out of place and abhorrent, but if that's what you grew up with, I get it. The second time that I saw it, the thing was covered like a birthday cake and looked incredibly stupid, and the first time I saw it, we barely spent time at the MK, so it wasn't until my fourth or fifth trip that we actually spent time in the MK and it just looks weird and overly large to me compared to the landscape around it.

Ugh... that sounds... terrible.

I wish I could have posted a link to the song, I think it was in the movie, but to hear it over and over again on the ride is just annoying.

You mean zoom, not focus, but I get what you're saying.

Yes, you're right. I mean zoom, it's a Prime lens meaning you can't zoom.

Um... Let's see.
In my province we have about
(no, not exaggerating... Google it.)
110,000 lakes,
including the 10th largest
freshwater lake in the world.
Over 15% of the area is water.

Ahhh, so you folks call beaches even if they are on lakes and not oceans. Got it!

I hadn't looked in ages either.
I just happened to glance over and... hey!

I know what you mean. On the Community board we used to be all about post count, but since I don't spend much time over there any more I don't even notice and boy did it creep up on me!

BTW, I forgot that I responded to all your comments here on my computer last night and it was still on my phone. All afternoon I was still answering all these posts on my phone that I answered last night! I'm an idiot and really need a break! :lmao:

OK, I can say the same thing, but it looks very natural in that setting. I had been looking at Sleeping Beauty's castle much longer than before I saw Neuschwanstein. There aren't grandiose mountains surrounding Cinderella's castle. In fact Space Mountain pales in comparison.

::yes::

And I would get it if anything around it was remotely that tall, but there's nothing so to me it looks grossly out of place and abhorrent, but if that's what you grew up with, I get it.

That's just it.
The first (and every other time) I went to MK,
I just assumed that it was supposed to dominate the area.
It's a castle. It made sense to me.

The second time that I saw it, the thing was covered like a birthday cake and looked incredibly stupid,

You mean this monstrosity?

9b36e10f15f0a308527cdd468b15e24b.jpg

:crazy2:

so it wasn't until my fourth or fifth trip that we actually spent time in the MK and it just looks weird and overly large to me compared to the landscape around it.

I get that.
But like I said, my frame of reference
is that it's supposed to.
Why I keep looking for the rest of the castle in DL.

I wish I could have posted a link to the song, I think it was in the movie, but to hear it over and over again on the ride is just annoying.

Then I'm kinda glad you didn't find one.
:rolleyes:

Ahhh, so you folks call beaches even if they are on lakes and not oceans. Got it!

Hmmm... Now I'm curious. What would you call this?

GrandBeach-1.jpg

That's about an hour north of the city.

I know what you mean. On the Community board we used to be all about post count

I remember that!

but since I don't spend much time over there any more I don't even notice and boy did it creep up on me!

Ditto.

BTW, I forgot that I responded to all your comments here on my computer last night and it was still on my phone. All afternoon I was still answering all these posts on my phone that I answered last night! I'm an idiot and really need a break! :lmao:

Oh dear! Well... at least you got it done. :)

That's just it.
The first (and every other time) I went to MK,
I just assumed that it was supposed to dominate the area.
It's a castle. It made sense to me.

I guess it just comes down to what you grew up with. Walking through Sleeping Beauty's castle, it seems massive so I never questioned it.

You mean this monstrosity?

:crazy2:

::yes:: :crazy2:

I get that.
But like I said, my frame of reference
is that it's supposed to.
Why I keep looking for the rest of the castle in DL.

I understand that, but just last night I sat in front of the castle watching fireworks and it's the perfect size for the perspective. If I were to want to see something similar at WDW, I'd have to be hundreds of feet back. I can't imagine where you would have to be to get as nice a view, but I suppose I will find out in 26 days. :banana:

Then I'm kinda glad you didn't find one.
:rolleyes:

This is interesting. Pay close attention to 2:23 through about 3 mins. That's the song, but they say "La" not "nyah". Its really only about a minute of the soundtrack. There's a ton of other stuff going on musically, but I guess I didn't notice because of all the visual stimulation going on. When I walk away from the ride, I'm hearing the song from minute 2:30.

Hmmm... Now I'm curious. What would you call this?

I'd have to see a 360° view. For it to be a be technically a beach at least one plane of the horizon needs an infinity view of the water. Also it needs to smell like the sea. Beaches in CA don't have that same scent, but I grew up going to a specific beach on Cape Cod and it had this distinct sea smell that I associate with beaches.

We went to a lake that was called "Sand Pond", but that was "going to the lake", different from the beach, since you could see houses on the other bank and it didn't have the salty smell.

That's about an hour north of the city.

That's a nice spot for a relaxing day and a picnic. I didn't know it got warm enough there for people to wear bathing suits outside! :eek:

:rotfl2:

Oh dear! Well... at least you got it done. :)

At least I caught it this time.

UGHHHHHH. I hated when the castle was a cake. My high school marching band went that year, and I felt so sorry for the kids who had never been there before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter