Can you use someone else's Kohl's coupon?

maslex

DIS Veteran
My mother in law often gets Kohl's coupons in the mail and she brings them over for me to use. I've never used them because in the small print is says something to the effect of, "25% off when you use your Kohl's credit card"

I don't have a Kohl's credit card and I don't plan on getting one. She insists that I can use them even though the coupon has her name on it and that I would be using it with cash, instead of paying with her credit card.

So can someone with some Kohl's experience, let me know? If I can use it, it would be great since I'm probably going to go to Kohl's to get my oldest son some things for Christmas.

have to use Kohls card. My mom tried that 1 day before she flew oversees for a month.

So we paid with Kohls card, then paid off the Kohl card right there at the register with cash...

Yeah, that's what I thought. Guess I'll have to wait to find a friends/family type of coupon.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Guess I'll have to wait to find a friends/family type of coupon.

or just get the credit card...there's no fee or anything and if you shop at Kohls you get lots of discounts to use during the year.

BTW, the coupons that come in the mail (stuck to the flyer) that you peel off and say 15, 20 or 30%...those are NOT proprietary codes. Anyone can use them IF they use a Kohls charge to pay. And even if you get a 15% in the mail, if you find the 30% code posted that one is still valid for you to use online.

If she gives you the Kohls cash coupon...I think you can use that without a Kohls CC. That is where she spent $50 and got $10 in Kohls cash...my MIL will give me hers sometimes and I use it. But I use it with a coupon and my Kohls CC, so I might be wrong.

As a PP wrote - there are codes out there that you can use without a Kohl's charge card. But if the fine print on the coupon (as in your OP) states "...when you use your Kohl's credit card" then you do need to charge SOME amount to a Kohl's cc. What I mean by that is I've had orders where I paid using some Kohl's cash, some gift card, some cash, and then wound up charging like $5 to my cc. Still got the discount because I DID use a Kohl's cc. :thumbsup2

My mother in law often gets Kohl's coupons in the mail and she brings them over for me to use. I've never used them because in the small print is says something to the effect of, "25% off when you use your Kohl's credit card"

I don't have a Kohl's credit card and I don't plan on getting one. She insists that I can use them even though the coupon has her name on it and that I would be using it with cash, instead of paying with her credit card.

So can someone with some Kohl's experience, let me know? If I can use it, it would be great since I'm probably going to go to Kohl's to get my oldest son some things for Christmas.

No, you have to use the Kohl's card. Even if I have the coupon with my name on it, I can't use it and pay with my Mastercard, the discount is an exclusive perk for using their credit card, thats the only way to use it.

Why would she think you could use it when paying cash, or another CC when it specifically states "when used with your Kohls CC"?
Seems pretty clear how you have to use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter