Can you use just half of the Magical Express transport?

Tormania

DIS Veteran
We have used the Magical Express for both of our trips to WDW in the past and loved it. However next Nov/Dec we are looking at doing a combo trip with some friends and hitting up USO first for a couple days and then finishing our trip at WDW. Can we still get out Magical Express tags but simply not use then on our arrival flight but then do use them when we are leaving WDW so we can use the bus and luggage drop off for our trip home? Does Disney care if you didn't use the arrival leg of the Magical Express but still want to use the Departure leg? Thanks!

MDE is very flexible. They won't mind at all if you request just one leg of your trip to use their service. I don't think you'll have any problem.

We have used the Magical Express for both of our trips to WDW in the past and loved it. However next Nov/Dec we are looking at doing a combo trip with some friends and hitting up USO first for a couple days and then finishing our trip at WDW. Can we still get out Magical Express tags but simply not use then on our arrival flight but then do use them when we are leaving WDW so we can use the bus and luggage drop off for our trip home? Does Disney care if you didn't use the arrival leg of the Magical Express but still want to use the Departure leg? Thanks!
You can just book your departure ride on Magical Express. You don’t have to book an arrival. And, if you do book an arrival Magical Express, but don’t use it, your departure ride on a Magical Express will still be reserved for you.

Just book DME for the resort to airport trip that you need. There is no need to book airport to resort if you are going to USO instead.

The remote airline checkin (RAC) is separate from DME, and can be used independent of whatever airport transportation you plan to use. We routinely use it to send our checked bags to the airport when we have a rental car since that simplifies the rental car return. Just be certain to note the RAC operating hours (which are 5 am to noon) and that bags must be checked at least three hours prior to scheduled flight time.

Yes, as a matter of fact it's what I am doing next month. We are staying at Universal first.

You won't get any luggage tags if you only schedule your departure with DME. They tag them at the Resort Airline Check In desk at your hotel on departure day.

Yes, as a matter of fact it's what I am doing next month. We are staying at Universal first.

You won't get any luggage tags if you only schedule your departure with DME. They tag them at the Resort Airline Check In desk at your hotel on departure day.
I was about to ask this same question because I got my magical express paperwork today with no luggage tags. We are going to USO first too and not using the DME until departure.

I was about to ask this same question because I got my magical express paperwork today with no luggage tags. We are going to USO first too and not using the DME until departure.

I didn't get anything from DME at all. Not sure why they sent you anything for only departure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter