Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

Via Napoli - I did not care for their pizza at all. Was so disappointed as everyone else seemed to love it. And it was so danged noisy I couldn't hear myself think. Will not go back

I think it's because it's Neapolitan style and an acquired taste. This is the pizza where I am from and I love it. However, I agree it's just too noisy in there! I also hate getting jostled while I eat.

Raglan Road. We were really looking forward to this meal. There were so many glowing reviews. However, it was one of the worst meal we've ever had in all of our WDW trips. Bland tasteless food, under cooked chicken and potatoes that were raw in the middle, runny lemon tart, service was meh. There were five of us and no one had a good meal. We'll never go back.
Yep, wasn't good last visit (though better the first).

Via Napoli - worst pizza I have ever eaten. Service was horrible and its way too loud in there.
I didn't order the pizza but thought the seafood pasta (which I don't believe is on the menu now) was pretty good. Others in our group seemed to like their pizza ok. But it was SUPER loud inside, so loud that we asked to sit outside and had a really enjoyable experience sitting on the patio as the sun went down and eating and drinking and just enjoying the company. I'll never sit inside there, but if you can get a patio table when the weather is nice it is pretty fun.

Be Our Guest - dinner (not much flavor and I think the "grey stuff" would taste better if it was served cold. We also felt very rushed.)
1900 Park Fare - breakfast (the characters were alright, the food was lukewarm at best.)
Liberty Tree Tavern - lunch (heard great reviews about this place, but it was one of the worst meals I've ever had on property.)

Tiffins this December. It was our favorite meal in May - unusual and authentic food and wines. This trip was horrid - shrimp and grits, chicken and waffles - totally out of character for an African/Indo-Asian themed restaurant. While the meals were executed competently, they were no more special than Applebee’s or Bonefish Grill.
More and more we are finding the best meals to be at the non-Disney, or independent, restaurants in Disney Springs.

^^^^yes, this. Somehow Disney manages to take reasonably authentic food from a specific region/country and dumb it down to Applebee’s. Why?????

Tiffins! My steak was literally just a clump of chewy fat and the brisket was a tasteless slab of "meh".

I've had some really enjoyable meals at Disney at places that aren't "top" class--one of the best meals I remember was at Plaza a number of years ago, perhaps because we'd been eating QS for a week and it was nice to sit down and order something a bit different. But the "worst" meals were at signature/table service places--Cape May (should be called "Golden Corral") or Le Cellier (the "Undercooked Salt Hole"). I expect a Disney QS burger to be bland or cooked incorrectly, but if I'm paying something like $50 a person for dinner then the food should be pretty good, even if I'm at theme park.

I'm probably the odd one out here but Jiko - not that it was bad but I just wasn't overly impressed by service or food after hearing all the reviews and hype. It was good, but not any better than the other signatures to me.

Be Our Guest Lunch - just not impressed

Le Cellier - we tried it our first year going in 2007 when it was still 1 credit and was not impressed at all. Wasn't worth the trip back.

Sa'tuli Canteen in Pandora for lunch - not terrible but textures are big thing to me with food and it wasn't to my liking

'Ohana for breakfast. It was basically quick service quality food with little variety just with characters. And a really long wait to be seated. Sunshine Seasons was a bit of a disappointment. Only because people raved about them for allergies and they had almost nothing my kids could eat. Probably great for top 8 allergens but not so much for our set.

Le Cellier for sure. The tables were so close the people next to us were pretty much at our table. I could barely squeeze between the tables. The food was so salty we could barely eat it. Won’t be going back.

Via Napoli was no where near as good as I expected. Our pizza wasn’t even cooked through. And the service was nonexistent.

BOG dinner (pre pre-fixe) - Didn't like the cafeteria setting of BOG, food was average at best

Ohana dinner - a hour wait to be seated, lousy service, felt rushed, they automatically keeping bring our pre-teen DS children menu items even though we were paying adult price and he prefers adult menus.

Last edited:
^^^^yes, this. Somehow Disney manages to take reasonably authentic food from a specific region/country and dumb it down to Applebee’s. Why?????

We sat at San Angel Inn and listened to the people at the table net to us tell the server they wanted the tacos, but no spices on them, they didn't want it hot or to have any other non hot spices in it, and then proceeded to ask if Fries came with them and were upset when they were told they didn't serve French fries there. They actually called the manager over to complain once the food arrived because they could taste spices.

It is people like these that make Disney dumb down some of these great foods they start out serving. Many people just aren't adventurous and want to stick with what they know, though why they go to a Mexican place and expect plain bland food, I don't know?

Coral Reef. Ugh. Awful food and worse service. (gotta admit, I ordered steak, do not like seafood. and my friend raved about the steak there). Service was bad, our server was very caught up with another table, they spoke some foreign language that the server did as well. Which is COOL, but he ignored us.

Le Cellier for sure. The tables were so close the people next to us were pretty much at our table. I could barely squeeze between the tables. The food was so salty we could barely eat it. Won’t be going back.

Via Napoli was no where near as good as I expected. Our pizza wasn’t even cooked through. And the service was nonexistent.

YES! To all of this. The sodium levels were off the charts. And we went before it went to a 'Signature' status. Pfft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter