Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

1. The Boathouse. We had reservations and the place was beyond crowded. We were all given these reservation cards and a girl took a bunch of them I watched while she put a stack on the podium then left the restaurant. After waiting almost 1 1/2 hours I inquired about our "reservation".They said they didn't have it. I then informed them of the handful of cards and they found them. We finally were seated a little while later, and the waitress took our order. She was just bringing it when another employee walked up and asked her to help with the computer or something. I needed something and waited for her to come back. After around 15 minutes I went ahead and ate. She never came back for the entire meal. My son got disgusted and walked out. We ran out of beverages, needed sauces, etc, couldn't flag anyone down. She came back at the end and apologized; brought us a slice of pie. Between the wait and lack of service I was done. I have not been back.
2. 50s Prime Time. Did not get the fun experience we hear about and the food was meh.

I heard this about 50s PTC. I have never eaten there but most people say the food is average and the service can be hit or miss. The only place I truly enjoyed eating at DHS was at Hollywood Brown Derby. It was very good, all the way around.

I don't hate Le Cellier but I do think it's overhyped. The food isn't 5 star like people make it out to be. It's better than average Disney table service, the servers can be hit or miss but they are generally better than most TS waiters. I would put Yachtsman and Jiko head and shoulders above Le Cellier. I haven't been to Shulas.
To be honest, it used to be a one credit TS restaurant, but because of it's popularity they increased it to two credits. It's really not worth two credits.

After many years of many trips to WDW, and lots of free dining deals along the way, we have tried a large amount of restaurants. The thing we have found over and over again is that all restaurants and servers have good and bad days. We will go to a restaurant and have an amazing meal with attentive service one trip and be severely let down the next time.... and vice versa. Unless we have an absolute disaster of a meal, which has never happened to us at WDW thankfully, we are always willing to give a restaurant another shot.
I will however say, that if we are paying out of pocket there are places we won't go, as it doesn't seem like a good value, and the opposite is true. When on the dining plan, there are restaurants we won't go to as they don't seem like a good use of a TS credit.

I haven't really had a meal I've been disappointed by or let down by - everything I have eaten has been fine, but I have been underwhelmed by Via Napoli, Ohana (breakfast and dinner) and Boma. No need to return to any of these until we try some other places first.

In all our Disney meals we've only had one that we categorize as a "bad" experience and that would be Morimoto Asia. We had a dinner reservation and the meal was rough from the word go. Our server could not have been more disengaged if she tried and any time we needed her she seemed put out and irritated. Both our entrees were less that stellar. To the point where my wife couldn't even figure out how to eat hers and when she asked for a fork (we had not been given any utensils) once again our server sighed and returned fifteen minutes later with what was requested.

All in all...just not good.

Cape May had the worst food and we won't go back (I may have posted this previously but too lazy to search). No desire at all to return to Le Cellier--steaks were WAY too salty and rare when we asked for medium rare. Those were the two most disappointing.

Raglan Road was good the first time, not the second time, and doubt we'll return there, same with Boma (hair in soup and food on second visit to Boma >:().

For us it has been the way over hyped Landry's chain, ANY of them, over priced greasy spoon food, sometimes hot, most times lukewarm, terrible atmosphere, usually VERY loud, have tried various Landry's chain food in different cities and the same underwhelmed result, over priced for subpar food, never again!

Narcoossee’s.

The atmosphere was not what I expected from an “upscale” restaurant. Way too loud and open and crowded. The food was fine, but it wasn’t $100pp WOW. I accept that part of the cost is the “Disney” factor, but there seriously WASN’T any. I definitely could have gotten a far better meal at a restaurant near home with better ambiance as well.

My kids hated 50's Prime time Cafe. They hated the theme. They disliked it so much that every time we plan a trip they're quick to mention that they will not go there again. The food was very subpar too.
That's funny... in our family, our kids (who are now technically adults) loved 50's Prime Time... everything about it. My husband and I suffer through the mediocre food because we love the kids. When we go without them, that restaurant is not on our list at all.

My parents didn't enjoy Satuli Canteen as I thought they would (I guess I didn't either). My intent was for us to try different QSRs for different meals but we ended up eating at the hotel for the most part instead. They're just not used to eating outside of home this much. And I do regret that we didn't order groceries and had them delivered to the hotel instead. They are just that budget conscious I guess.

They did enjoy BOG lunch though. (Despite that I made the mistake of ordering the sandwich with multigrain bread :crazy2:.)

Rainforest Cafe by DAK. Hate it, hate it, hate it, will never go back.
Food was meh, service was TERRIBLE!! We had an early dinner reservation so did not have to wait, but the service was really slow. The kids ordered the slushy drinks in the souvenir cups. When we asked for re-fills, the server said the slushy machine was down...except we could see the other servers bringing slushy drinks to the tables all around us! We wanted to get the volcano dessert but they took so long we were going to miss the fireworks @ Epcot (remember, we had EARLY dinner reservations - should have made it with plenty of time to spare). They packaged up the desserts that came with the kids meals in Styrofoam to-go boxes, but that was chocolate pudding and it got everywhere.

What made it worse was we were a large group so 15% gratuity was included on our bill otherwise I would have totally stiffed the guy.

My kids hated 50's Prime time Cafe. They hated the theme. They disliked it so much that every time we plan a trip they're quick to mention that they will not go there again. The food was very subpar too.
I guess you have to be open to that style of service because we enjoyed it. One weird thing; it started raining pretty hard while we were there so we opened the blind next to our table so we could see it. The server came over and closed it - said it opened on a backstage area so it had to be closed.

Rainforest Cafe by DAK. Hate it, hate it, hate it, will never go back.
Food was meh, service was TERRIBLE!! We had an early dinner reservation so did not have to wait, but the service was really slow. The kids ordered the slushy drinks in the souvenir cups. When we asked for re-fills, the server said the slushy machine was down...except we could see the other servers bringing slushy drinks to the tables all around us! We wanted to get the volcano dessert but they took so long we were going to miss the fireworks @ Epcot (remember, we had EARLY dinner reservations - should have made it with plenty of time to spare). They packaged up the desserts that came with the kids meals in Styrofoam to-go boxes, but that was chocolate pudding and it got everywhere.

What made it worse was we were a large group so 15% gratuity was included on our bill otherwise I would have totally stiffed the guy.

Wow! I was thinking of trying that Rainforest Cafe on my next solo trip, but reading this has made me re-think.

Artist Point Storybook Dining. We did not like any of the appetizers (shared, but not really) as just my mom ate them. We did not care for the desserts and all of our meals were just OK. We wont be back and it's sad b/c we couldn't wait for it when it was announced and we got a reservation.

BOG Breakfast

Wow! I was thinking of trying that Rainforest Cafe on my next solo trip, but reading this has made me re-think.

Everyone has different experiences. We have eaten at the DAK Rainforest Cafe twice and had great experiences both times. Sounds like the person you quoted had a terrible server all the way around.

Raglan Road. We were really looking forward to this meal. There were so many glowing reviews. However, it was one of the worst meal we've ever had in all of our WDW trips. Bland tasteless food, under cooked chicken and potatoes that were raw in the middle, runny lemon tart, service was meh. There were five of us and no one had a good meal. We'll never go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter