Can you share a place you couldnt wait to eat but was a huge letdown

Have tried several that were complete fails.
  • Crystal Palace - I am sure we were there an off night, but I will never know since we are never going back. Between the blah food, the family whose child had projectile vomited on the other side of the restaurant being moved next to us, and the 45 minutes to see just the first character and over 90 minutes to see all of them, it became a one and done for us. And I like the Pooh characters!
  • GF Cafe - Had been there before and was looking forward to going back, but had horrible service (long wait to be seated at restaurant opening and then a server who was clearly annoyed (about getting a smaller tip) when we did soup and salad and split the salad). Moved to the not going there again list.
  • Via Napoli - I am picky about pizza, but was looking forward to going with the group I was going with. I was very unimpressed with both the salad and pizza I had. No need to return.
There are others we no longer go to (Tony's, Biergarten, Chef Mickey's, Whispering Cafe, Ohana) but that is because we have found others that we prefer and make our ADRs there instead.

We love it because we request our food the way we prefer it. If the steak is overcooked we tell our server how we want it and they bring it. Same with all other items. Why accept whatever they bring? Order it how you want it and you'll get it.

I got steak from multiple skewers and no matter what they were all tough and chewy. The rest of the food there is frozen appetizers. Not worth it for AYCTE in any manner whatsoever. I know how to order steak, and I have had great steaks at many restaurants. What they serve at 'Ohana is a poor cut, was completely under-seasoned and difficult to eat no matter what the doneness.

I got steak from multiple skewers and no matter what they were all tough and chewy. The rest of the food there is frozen appetizers.

Did you specifically request the steak to be as you desired or were you just taking whatever they brought by?

Cinderella's Royal Table. I remember eating there when I was little and it was the highlight of my trip back then, so of course I was excited to go back when I finally visited WDW again after 17 years. We went for dinner and the whole experience was just meh. The restaurant itself is cute, but nothing special. We could hardly hear them announcing the princesses, they really need to upgrade that sound system (maybe they have since then, this was summer of 2017). The food was the worst meal we had all trip, honestly. And both my sister and I agreed that the princesses themselves seemed.... Off. I'm not sure if it was just an off night but the interaction wasn't nearly as good as I expect from Disney. They all seemed nervous and not sure how to talk to us. They weren't engaged at all. It was weird.

So all in all it was a very disappointing experience and I'd never pay for it again. In contrast, we both loved BOG and I've recommended it to several people I know planning trips and told them to skip Cinderella's.

Epcot World Showcase: Le Cellier - love the atmosphere but the food was lack luster and expensive - $55 for a steak without any sides.

Disney's Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guest for dinner - beautiful atmosphere but the food was not that great. For our upcoming trip in January, we are going to try for breakfast.

Just read the entire thread. It seems like a lot of issues would have been avoided with either a bit more research about a restaurant, or speaking up during your meal.

We've been to WDW 9 times, two weeks at a time, and the extremely few times someone had received food not to their liking, after mentioning it to our waiter they were bending over backwards to please us. The willingness to make every guest happy is one of the main reasons we continue to vacation there.

It's better for everyone to take the time to ask Disney to rectify a situation in the moment rather than do nothing and complain on social media.

Cinderella's Royal Table. I remember eating there when I was little and it was the highlight of my trip back then, so of course I was excited to go back when I finally visited WDW again after 17 years. We went for dinner and the whole experience was just meh. The restaurant itself is cute, but nothing special. We could hardly hear them announcing the princesses, they really need to upgrade that sound system (maybe they have since then, this was summer of 2017). The food was the worst meal we had all trip, honestly. And both my sister and I agreed that the princesses themselves seemed.... Off. I'm not sure if it was just an off night but the interaction wasn't nearly as good as I expect from Disney. They all seemed nervous and not sure how to talk to us. They weren't engaged at all. It was weird.

So all in all it was a very disappointing experience and I'd never pay for it again. In contrast, we both loved BOG and I've recommended it to several people I know planning trips and told them to skip Cinderella's.
You should really give CRT breakfast a try. We've had breakfast there countless times since 2004, and we have always had an exceptional experience with the princesses and the delicious food. (We've never had dinner there.)

Cinderella's Royal Table. Expensive. So so food, meh character interactions and the lighting is HORRIBLE for pictures with characters.
It is expensive, but everything in Disney World is expensive. We plan accordingly.

The Caramel Apple Stuffed French Toast (Decadent French Toast stuffed with sweet cream cheese, baked with caramel apples, drizzled with Calvados caramel sauce). OMG. My mouth is watering just thinking about how delicious it is.

As far as photos, ours came out great.

Hands down Ale & Compass. It had received positive reviews and the food photos made it look enticing. However, when my family dined there in August it was a huge let down. We felt the food was average (a better steak could be had at Coral Reef), and we didn't like that they made you pay for dinner rolls. My family doesn't like garlic and they felt everything was prepared with an excess of garlic. Nothing was special and not worth the trip to the Yacht Club for.

It is expensive, but everything in Disney World is expensive. We plan accordingly.

The Caramel Apple Stuffed French Toast (Decadent French Toast stuffed with sweet cream cheese, baked with caramel apples, drizzled with Calvados caramel sauce). OMG. My mouth is watering just thinking about how delicious it is.

As far as photos, ours came out great.
This thread is about sharing a bad experience, not refuting everyone's claims and saying yours was great. Clearly, your experience was NOT that of the previous posters.

Coral Reef, never again. I don't like farmed fish or pasta, so there wasn't much for me to choose from. Caesar salad was so so, steak was so tough I was about to ask for a chain saw to cut it! Lol. That was the first and last visit we'll make to that restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!