Can you refreeze thawed chopped spinach?

LindsayDunn228

<font color=teal>Quite a hunk of man, isn't he???<
I set out 2 boxes of chopped frozen spinach to use in a recipe. I misread it and only needed one. Can I refreeze it, or should I just toss it?? It wasn't completely thawed out or anything. Just had been out of the freezer for a few hours.

I know this is a duh question. Sorry!!

I re-freeze stuff like this all the time, but I write on the outside of the package, "for soup only". And, of course, I only use it in a non cream based soup at a later date. Chpped spinach goes great in vegatable soup or even in turkey soup.

When in DOUBT....Throw it out!:thumbsup2

Safety wise I think you're fine, but texture will be icky and it may not taste the best.

Kimya

Buy a 16 ounce container of fat free sour cream, a package of dry Hidden Valley Ranch mix, and a can of chopped water chestnuts. Mix with the thawed and drained spinach and serve with veggies or wheat crackers, hardly any calories and yummy to boot. :thumbsup2

The thawed package should be okay for a day in the fridge.

Thanks for all your help :) I chucked it because I really needed it in it's good form, IYKWIM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter