can you get cash on the boat....

paulgraff

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Leaving on Thursday for our trip... finally, I think this is my last question, all of you have been great.

Just in case (lol) my wife and two kids spend all my cash at the parks can I get cash somewhere on the ship?

PG

Note, I am taking my wife, two kids, seven suitcases, and two American Express cards... is that enough?

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

They will cash a personal check up to $100 a day I believe, and cash travelers checks without limit (that I am aware of). No ATM or debit card cash advances though. So take some travelers checks (or more cash).

They will cash a personal check up to $100 a day I believe, and cash travelers checks without limit (that I am aware of). No ATM or debit card cash advances though. So take some travelers checks (or more cash).

I had heard that the $100 was limited to once PER STATEROOM PER WEEK.

You might be better off cashing a check at WDW before leaving.

For what it's worth -- we have used very little CASH on our cruises (we have spent PLENTY of $$$ for sure, but it was all charged to our KTTW and then to a credit card) -- excursions were paid for and we did not need much cash on any of the islands.

I emailed DCL about this, and here is the response:

Check Cashing Courtesy

Guests are able to cash personal checks drawn from U.S. banks only up to $100.00 per guest, per voyage onboard at the Guest Services desk.
Personal checks (no temporary checks) need to be accompanied by:

One of the following photo id's:
Valid Driver's License
State issued ID with picture
Active Military ID (green)
Passport
One of the following Credit Cards
American Express
Visa
MasterCard
Discover
The Disney Credit Card
Diner's Club / Carte Blanche
Guests are NOT able to obtain cash advance on a credit card from Guest Services.

Traveler's Checks

Traveler's Checks can be cashed with a photo ID. There is no limit for
Traveler's Checks, but the checks need to be in US Dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter