Can we upgrade from moderate to deluxe?

Debbel

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

We're a family of four (2 adults, a 8 year old girl and a 16-month old boy) and we live in The Netherlands. We are going to stay in the CBR and POR in the period May 7-May 18 and we're looking forward to it. I've been reading this discussion board with great interest and I've learned a great deal from all of you. But I also have one question, is it possible to change our reservation from a moderate resort to a deluxe resort?

We have made our reservation through a Dutch travel agent and we are paying $ 185 a night for our room (both in CBR and POR). If we want to move to for example the Poly, what would that cost us?

I hope you can help me with this because after all I've read about the deluxe resorts, I really want to stay in one. We've visited Disneyland Paris 12 times now and we usually stay in the Disneyland Hotel, also a deluxe hotel and we love it there!

Debbel- You can stay wherever you would like. It sounds like you got a good price on your rooms through your Dutch travel agent. I would simply call your agent and tell them that you would like to switch to a delux resort. Ask them what is available for your time period. I have never stayed at the Poly either, but would love too! Unfortunately, on a military budget (my hubby is in AF) it is out of our budget. It will run at least over $200 a night, if not more. That's why I say to ask your agent. I'm sure you all will have fun no matter where you stay! We are also staying at the Port Orleans! Hope this has helped. :wave2:

We are willing to pay for it, of course! I'm just wondering how much we have to pay for the change.

If I change our reservation from POR to the Poly (garden view) through our Dutch travel agent it would be an additional cost of $ 254 a night. Would it be more or less expensive if we would make the change at WDW???

Debbel said:
We are willing to pay for it, of course! I'm just wondering how much we have to pay for the change.

If I change our reservation from POR to the Poly (garden view) through our Dutch travel agent it would be an additional cost of $ 150 per night. Would it be more or less expensive if we would make the change at WDW???

I would make the change now through your TA. If you wait till you get there it will cost more and there's the chance they won't have anything available.

Although many people love the Poly, IMHO POR is better. :banana: :banana:

I think that's a pretty good price on the Poly from your TA - $109+150= $259/night? Rack rate for Value season is $304, so depending on when you're going you either did WELL or REAL WELL!
Go and enjoy!!

Debbel said:

If I change our reservation from POR to the Poly (garden view) through our Dutch travel agent it would be an additional cost of $ 150 per night. Would it be more or less expensive if we would make the change at WDW???

That cost difference sounds about right, actually. The Polynesian is one of the most expensive hotels. If you want to make this change, you would probably be better off just making it through your travel agent.

I've made some changes in my posts because it made two mistakes in my exchange rates for the euro/dollar, sorry about that. :blush:

The moderate-resorts will cost us EUR 142/$ 184 a night, the Poly garden view will cost us an extra EUR 196/$ 254 a night.

For us Europeans, the $ rate is very good right now, so I think it would be cheaper for me to make the change from moderate to deluxe directly at the resort(s). But is it possible to do that? I understand there have to be rooms available at the deluxe resorts, but we will take that risk....to save a few euro's/dollars!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter