Can Purchased Magicbands be made into the child size, without ruining the picture?

foodiddiedoo

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of getting my 4 year old a special MB for this trip, but don't want to purchase one with a picture if a large portion of it is removed when you turn it into the child size. Has anyone ever purchased one and adjusted for a small child? Can you even adjust them for those special edition types?

I have 3 Limited Edition Magic Bands and the part you remove to fit a child has no printing/design on it at all. My son has the Cars3 one and we removed the extra material with no issue.

I can't say for certain they're all like that, but it should be fine.

I couldn't find a good picture online, so here's a picture of DD's Captain Marvel and my MK 45th Tiki Birds MB showing the part you tear off to reduce the size of the band.

Attachments

• mbands.jpg
    mbands.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thanks all, I think I'll order my pink loving 4 year old the really cute Vanelope one now that I know she'll get the full picture.

My kids both have a few different special bands that we've bought and all of theirs did have a bit of printing on the extra piece that you pull off to make it smaller. Because of that, neither of them wanted to remove it. Instead, my DH just cut down the band to remove some of the extra length and that worked fine.

We started doing the same thing StarSeven7 recommended. Our family likes going to the Design Your Own store for Magic Bands, and they do (or at least have in the past) print on the entire surface. My wrists are really small, so I'm usually pulling off the child tab area too. I thought it would be too uncomfortable for my sensory-issue DD to cut the extra length off, but she's done fine with it.

Cool tip on cutting the bands. I do have a couple of magic bands and was wondering where do people get those special pins to pin the extra flap down?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter