Can I tour a resort?

vincenza8907

Earning My Ears
Question. My husband and I are currently saving to put a down payment on a DVC property. It’s not a question of if, it’s just a matter of when. We live in Tampa, Florida, so we go to Disney often. We plan on going this weekend just to visit resorts that we are interested in getting a resale contract with. Is it possible to get a tour of a resort? If so, how do we go about doing that?

You can tour on your own, but there aren't tour guides for the various resorts.

If you take the "DVC tour", you'll see sample rooms (showing Riviera and Aulani, at SSR) and meet with a "guide" (salesman). There's usually ice cream and free fast passes. There's the possibility of a gift card, as well, although this is based upon how you book the tour.

Since you live so close, it begs the question as to why you would want to own DVC?

BWV has a model room on the boardwalk, and Poly has one also. There's nothing stopping you from just going to a resort and asking. If you go to a resort say you're interested they offer whatever stuff they're offering, but not if you book in advance. They all have DVC kiosks. We went to several resorts just to poke around.

Last edited:
Before we purchased in early 2015, we were in Disneyworld in late 2014 and we went to the DVC tour at Saratoga. We asked if we could see a couple rooms at other resorts like AKL and Beach Club; our reason being that one of the highlights of membership is you can stay at other resorts and we wanted to know if the other resorts were well maintained. They arranged a shuttle to take us to AKL and Beach Club and we got to see the model room at Beach and a real room at AKL. My family did not like Beach Club but loved AKL. We were then driven back to SSR where we thanked them and asked for a few days to think about it (they were great - no pressure). We ended up buying resale at AKL. Though now I kind of wish we had bought direct (I can't remember what was selling at the time but my family didn't like it and we wanted to buy where we knew we would want to stay).

In 2015 I’m pretty sure they were selling Aulani and VGF. I’m sure VGF direct seemed expensive back then, but look at resale prices now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter