Calling Halloween Cruisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, 1 bag is officially packed and locked with the lock (lol, as if that would keep me out). The kid's carry-ons are done and I'm about to start DH's and my stuff.

I kept out pjs, clothes for boarding and dinner clothes for the kids. I didn't keep out swimsuits, but they're in the outside pocket of the kid's bag so I can grab them Fri if we get in the pool at the Radisson.

Why do I think the easy part is done?

Why didn't I go with only one color for the formal dresses? Now I have to have navy and black pumps! And black slides for my capris and tennis shoes for MK and brown sandals for regular days and brown slides for my casual dresses

The shoes, My God, the shoes!

My goal is to do all 4 of us in 3 suitcases (1 large, 1 medium, 1 little bit smaller than medium - that's where the kid's stuff is) + 3 carry-ons - 1 for dh, 1 for DD and 1 for DS - I have a backpack purse (small) and only carry my wallet, the tickets, and a small makeup bag. I have a 4th suitcase but am really hoping I don't use it (bahahaha!)

Okay....we are packed and ready to go. We drive to the airport tomorrow night and we leave Friday morning!!! We can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!

We look forward to meeting all of ya'll!!! Everyone have a safe trip!

See ya on board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's almost midnight and I'm less than half packed. Tomorrow morning we leave. I'm glad I checked this thread one last time. I almost forgot the bathing suits. Back to packing. See you all on the ship!!! Patty

Still Here!

Went through the motions of work today.
Got home just before dinner. (DH made dinner)
Had to take a nap after dinner.
Now I am up and refreshed and ready to tackle any last minute jobs.
Since it is after midnight, it is officially my birthday. DH's birthday is on Halloween. We are getting eachother gifts on the cruise but I will have to get a little surprise for him before we leave. A couple of the little gifts I thought of were not available when I went shopping for them.
Well, back to packing.
Take care.
Rochelle

Happy Birthday Rochelle!

I packed another bag and have one left (maybe 2 heehee) and we're headed to the bank today to cash in our coins and get traveler's checks. One more trip by the mall "just in case" I find something I have to have and then we're off!

Our flight doesn't leave here until 10:30 tomorrow - I have to say that I'm disappointed, I thought it was earlier! The kids will be happy to have a more relaxed Mom in the morning though!

See you all real soon!!!

I hope everyone has a safe trip.

Sue Ellen

all of my clothing is out and ready to be packed - dh is picking up his khakis at the dry cleaners now. I have the bags to be opened Friday night down to one suitcase and the toiletry bag - it's hard to think what we need for Friday night (pjs), Saturday boarding, Sat night (just in case) and matching shoes and such

We're off to the bank next

It continually pours here - can't wait to see sunny Florida!!!

I am at the Swan. We had some rain late in the afternoon. We went swimming in the Grotto pool this evening. Going to MGM tomorrow. Going to try to watch the fireworks at EPCOT from the hotel tonight. We have a beautiful view of the Boardwalk and the tower of Terror from our room.
See ya on the ship.
Patty and Paul

GREAT to hear from somewhere there!

3 major bags are packed and locked!

Toiletry bag to be finished in the a.m. Clothes laid out for tomorrow. Printing confirmations now.

Doing docs and ensuring we have all papers next

Then, bed

Then, BLAST OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY!

It's our turn to leave!

I can't sleep (I'm like a little kid) and am off to take my shower

see you TONIGHT!!!

wOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
hOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

We are finally back also! (rats!)

This was the best vacation that I have ever had! We had the most awesome crew members. I cannot say enough for EVERYONE that we encountered.

To those of you I met--I'm so glad we had the opportunity to talk--even though most of it was briefly due to Trevor.

Bruch was a lot of fun at Palo. My DH was a bit leary about going to brunch with so many people that he absolutely did not know. Turns out he had a good time too.

Sorry I missed out on the T or T'ing. Tara made it, but Trevor needed a nap badly--wasn't that great of an image seeing Mickey stripping :earseek: (those of you who weren't there, Trevor's Mickey Mouse costume had velcro fastening up the front of the shirt and jacket. He was pulling it off as fast as he could. Mickey was bare-chested! Too funny--now I know why he loves Chip n Dale so much--he thinks he's going to be a Chippendale! :teeth:

Hope everyone had as magical of a vacation as we did, and a safe trip back home.

Sue Ellen

Well, it is over .... but not forgotten. We had a super time and loved meeting you all. Thanks to all the cruisers and Cast Members for making this our best Disney Cruises ever !!!

We made new friends, reacquanted oursleves with old friends and are going to WDW in 2 weeks for a mini reunion with our table mates.

I did some pin trading with Sue Ellen and Frank and eat enough food to last until Christmas ! We dressed up like kids and watched everyone have a great time acting silly (thanks Neil (the guy in the grass skirt)).

However, the best thing we did on the cruise was to book the Halloween cruise for next year !!!!! Did anyone Else ????

If so, we can keep this thread alive for another year and break all the records !!!!

Only 357 days to go !!!!!!!!!

Randy and Cathie

Randy,
Hope Cathie's toe is doing better. We too had a great time. Neil in the grass skirt was a hoot. We too had a great time dressing up like big kids. It was such fun to be Cinderella and Prince Charming.
We didn't book the Halloween cruise next year--it wasn't a good week for a vacation for my DH, but we DID book the cruise for October 11th next year. I just can't wait the 11 months, it's gonna kill me!
Glad to hear that you had an awesome time also. This was our best vacation ever!
Sue Ellen

Hi Sue Ellen - Cathie's toe is doing better, thanks. It will be back to normal in just a couple days.

I know what you mean about waitng a whole year. That's why we booked the 4 day on March 9th. Not as good as a 7 day but we'll take the kids with us in March. It will also break up the wait until Halloween.

I'm working on my costume as we sppeak !!!!!!

Randy

:( :( got home at 2:30 a.m.. Bill drove straight thru. I'm glad we did, we've got everything washed and put away.

It was great to finally put faces with names. Maybe we'll see you all again next year.
We had a great time. We didn't rebook but we did add on to our DVC points. Maybe we'll pay with points for next year.

Hey is anyone else experiencing hunger pains? I gain 17 pounds, back on the diet tomorrow.

Take care all:wave:

We are back too! Had a great time as well. We did not rebook yet, but are thinking maybe of going again in two years. DS did not do well in the clubs. If we wait two years, both children would be in the 5-7 group and perhaps DS would spend some time in the clubs without Mommy or Daddy by his side! We didn't want to get rids of the kids, just have an hour or two each day to particpate in some of the adult activities.

After our group T or T'ing was done, we found one of those trading pins on our way to back to our room. It was in the hallway on Deck 8 near the main elevators. I figure it was a good chance that someone in our group lost the pin. I forgot to take it to guest services so I still have it. If anyone lost a pin during the Tor T please contact me via PM or E-mail. Just describe the pin and I would be happy to mail it to you.

Ginger - I too gained a lot of weight on the cruise, found myself looking for an afternoon snack today. I ended up raiding some of the kids T or T candy...just couldn't help myself, those Peeps were calling out to me. I think the diet will start on Monday!

So I'm not the only one that was starving today! I grabbed a bit of Tara's candy too (thank you whoever gave out the Reeses Sticks!)
My pants were a bit tight, and I haven't eaten that much dessert in quite some time (not to mention all that food!) I usually skip breakfast, but ate at Lumiere's everyday for breakfast (my oh my) I was SO hungry for breakfast this morning, and we didn't have a thing in the house.
We too drove straight through (with meal and rest stops for Trevor) He does NOT travel well for that long of a drive. We got home about 1:00 a.m. Everytime he would fall asleep it seemed as if we needed to stop for gas, and he would wake up every time. The last time was the worst though. He was hungry for dinner and had only been asleep for about 25 minutes. He cried and cried and cried. I couldn't soothe him at all, and dinner didn't help. He cried even more. I finally took him back out to the SUV, sat inside with the DVD player going, and had Tara & Steve get my food to go. I ate on the drive home after they finished their dinner. Trevor got happy in the car finally, then fell asleep and slept all the way home (at this point we were in NC and only about 3 hours from home)
Our cruise next year is booked on DVC points. I also booked a room for my sister and her family, and it appears that my parents might be joining us also. I can't wait to share this with all of them (they don't share my Disney obsession so I hope it goes well)
How could anyone NOT love the Disney cruise?
Sue Ellen

I gained 9 lbs and thoroughly enjoyed doing it. Since we've gotten home we've been eating small meals with alot of junk food inbetween. We've got snow here and it's so uncomfortable wearing all this winter clothing with my sunburn. I miss my summer clothes and bathing suit!!! I enjoyed meeting you all. We did not book a cruise on board but I'm sure there will be another cruise in our future. Patty

We arrived home about an hour ago, long overnight flight but Im not too tired really.

The food situation is the same here but can you imagine having all that wonderful food and then getting plane food shoved under your nose?! I miss my servers too. They were fab, I think dinner was one of my favourite parts of the cruise (Oh no, that sounds piggy) but it wasn't just cos of the food-honest!

Guess who else booked for next Halloween! Yep, got it in one (I hope). I will be only too happy to keep this thread alive, it might make the waiting more bearable.

Sue Ellen-I dont think I spoke to you once whilst we were on board but just so you know, when you were in the queue for rebooking on Halloween, infront of Debbie's husband (his name escapes me) was my mum and dad and me with the serious eyemake-up (thanks kimmerie!). Stripper Mickey started a conversation between Rory, Jessica and I about toys that would never be sold.

The scales are staying well and truely in the bathroom where they belong! I never eat 3 courses (how my mum managed 2 desserts most nights I dont know) but it was just there to be eaten so...

When we were in Cozumel, my mum and I did the horse riding. I enjoyed it but at one point we all got told to move to the right and there was this HUGE snake on the ground!

Jan-My tablemates thought the necklaces you brought round on tropical night were great. The photogropher thought they were my family when she came round-it was so funny! Oh and you remeber those pinwheels you gave me on the first day? Well just after that Rory and Jessica had to go and I couldnt find my mum and dad! I was running round the ship with a huge pack of melting chocolate and a soda mug. I must have looked funny.

I have never seen so much candy in all my life! Thank you sooooo much for it all. I felt a bit guilty that we only gave out a teddy and 2 lollies (which we bought that morning!)

This post is far too long for the time being so I will leave you all in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter