Calling Halloween Cruisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back at work today :( sorting thru 897 emails while i was away!!!
We had a blast on this years cruise! I think if we decide to go again next year (a three-peat) we will do it during NJ Teachers Convention so the kids dont have to miss so much school. For dinner we had originally asked to be placed at a table for 5 so we could spend dinner with just our kids. But we ended with another family of 5 and they were the BEST!!!!! My 2 daughters were the same ages as their 2 daughters and they were glued together the whole week! Unfortunately we didnt meet a lot of DIS'ers but the ones we did were very nice! It was a great experience!

Howdy to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had such a great time! It was nice to meet all of ya'll! What a good group.

We had our best cruise ever! The staff was unbelievable! We skipped the Farewell show just so we could go around to all the dining rooms and the clubs and shops to say good bye to crew friends we made from previous cruises and from this cruise!

We loved the Western route. Would do again!! We would make KW another day at sea. Loved both GC and Coz.

I am going to write up a big trip report with pics and all! It should be fun to re-live!

Halloween was such a blast! We had such fun dressing up. I am not sure if anyone saw us, but we were the dwarfs. We thought for sure we would win, but like I always say, "You can't beat a baby in a penguin costume!" ANd SUe Ellen, you and PC looked awesome!

Okay, gonna go and take a nap! I will write more later! It was really great to meet all of you. Welcome home!

Hello to everyone! We got home around 10:30 Saturday morning, but have not had a chance to write until now. It was SOOOOO hard to go back to work today.:( But that's life.

It was GREAT to finally meet everyone and put a face with the name. It was also fun to see each other in passing to say Hi.:D This cruise was by far the best one we have ever been on!!!! Although we did not care too much for KW. We went swimming with the stingrays in Cayman. All I can say is if you have never done that YOU HAVE GOT TO!!!!!!!:) :) :) It is the most incredible experience EVER!! We did the XCARET excursion in Mexico. What a beautiful place that is. The only dissapointment I had with that was that we only had 3 hours to spend there and there was a TON of things to do and see!!

The T or T that we did as a group was great!! My daughter and I enjoyed that way more than what Disney offered.

I dont remember who I told, but on Thursday of the cruise our room was upgraded due to bathroom problems. We were upgraded to a cat 4! What a BLAST!!! I loved the verandah!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

So who has booked for next year and what staterooms did you book? We were already booked since April. We will be sailing with my family this time. There will be about 20 of us.

That's all the news for now. BYE

Dena:earsgirl:

We just got home too! We had a BLAST and rebooked for Nov 1st next year - the Easter itinerary.

We spent 2 days at AKL which ROCKED! We saw all kinds of animals and had giraffes visiting day and night. Hit MK on Sat and AK yesterday - both were great with little wait on the rides and the weather was stupendous!

It's 55 degrees and raining here - we got crazy looks in Dallas and Mason got a lot of comments on his Mickey ears which he has worn constantly since Saturday.

It was fantastic to meet everyone in person and I hope a few of you look towards the same timeframe and join us for 11/1/03~

Debby - It was so fun to sit by you and to see you everywhere...and I mean everywhere! I have some great pics of you guys. I will try and email them before you move on FRIDAY...but send me your new email address if I don't get them sent to you before you change jobs!

So glad you liked AKL. We love it. It is completely addictive!

Have a good night everyone...I am headed to bed! (8:05 pm)

We got back early Sunday morning. But on Saturday I brought some of the cruise with me. I was diagnosed with Pneumonia that started on Saturday morning. I am very glad that I did not have this in the Ports or on Sea days. Went to the Dr. and got some meds. Should be on the mend soon.

It was great meeting all of you and especially thanks to Ennazus for letting us share theor cabin for TorT.

Ray and Tony

We are soooo glad you all had a good time. We also had a stupendous time. My DW is letting me write this post since I had some time. I really like reading all your posts with her. Our DS has new words and phrases we have no clue where they came from, but that is what 2 & 1/2 year olds do on a Disney Cruise... right?
We got to spend some time with my brother on the way back home and got to build some cabinets for him. Always good to earn brownie points when you can.
We have also booked for next Western Halloween Cruise. We are looking forward to seeing those of you who make it back at this time. My DW's sister will be cruising with us, oh boy!
Remember, we must all bring others to the great mouse ship so they can become Disney Pod People, also.
We will be happy to keep the thread alive with our mutual Disney brand of happiness.
My wife will not care to discuss bathroom scales or poundage. She still looks awesome and is my Tweety... and will not tempt fate with any nasty things like facts. The exercise equipement will see heavy use by us both, however.
It's Monday night and we are both tired... talk to you later!

Sue Ellen-I dont think I spoke to you once whilst we were on board but just so you know, when you were in the queue for rebooking on Halloween, infront of Debbie's husband (his name escapes me) was my mum and dad and me with the serious eyemake-up (thanks kimmerie!). Stripper Mickey started a conversation between Rory, Jessica and I about toys that would never be sold.

I was wondering if that was you (I remembered the comment about heavy eye makeup!) It was serious, that's for sure! How neat that it was you--you should have spoken up. Yes, stripper Mickey was a hoot--he needed a nap bad, and was a much happier little one afterwards. Tara loved the T or T'ing though. Thanks to you all for making her feel welcome and to those of you who sent goodies to Trevor.

GoofyDisney--I most definitely saw all of your dwarfs. I commented to my DH about it. You looked so cute. You're right about losing to the baby in the penguin suit--some on, no one stood a chance against a family with young ones as part of their dress up. Steve & I had a blast as Cinderella and Prince Charming. I had gone to the spa to have my hair done and the CM that did my hair treated me like my "fairy godmother" It was the sweetest thing. She even put that glitter in my hair. Turns out I HATE my hair up (makes me look even fatter than I am, I saw the pictures!) but I loved having her make me up! It felt so magical!

The entire cruise was great. Ray, sorry to hear that you caught pneumonia. What a rotten way to end the cruise (but at least it WAS at the end!) It seemed that we saw you everywhere all week. I even saw you headed over to the Segway on Castaway Cay--how was that anyway?

We stayed SO busy on the ship. It was so nice being able to put some names with faces (even though I wasn't able to meet you all) I can't wait until our cruise next year. Sorry that we couldn't do it Halloween week like this time. We will be there 2 weeks earlier, still western.

Oh by the way--how many of you saw the X-Rated Catamaran go by in Key West after sunset? I managed to snap 2 pictures of it and was FLOORED by the results. I was still blinded by the sunset when they went by. I wasn't sure of what my pics were going to look like, or if everyone was truly naked. Well guess what?? I got more than I bargained for :earseek: That pic shows it ALL, and yes, they were ALL naked! YIKES :earseek:

Well everyone take care.
Sue Ellen

Yeah I am VERY glad it was at the END of the cruise too.

The Segway was very neat, that machine thinks for itself and keeps your balance all the time. Might be a neat gadget if the price goes down some more.

for everyone who wanted my e-maila nd did not get a card here it is

pryd1@lvcm.com

Ray and Tony

Sue Ellen - My DH spotted the Naked Sunset Cruisers just before they sailed along side the Magic. We didn't get a chance to take a picture. We were standing at Mallory Square at the time and wondered how many kids saw the sight from the Magic.

Dena - Congrates on getting upgraded to a verandah. We had a verandah on this past cruise and I don't think we could go back to an inside stateroom. We also loved the split bathrooms. On our first cruise we had a catagory 11 stateroom which didn't have this.

Ray - Get plenty of rest and take care.

We enjoyed meeting all of you and then seeing your familiar faces and talking to you thru out the cruise. You guys are making me so jealous with cruises already booked for next year. Patty:earsgirl:

It's a small world after all!!

Would you believe that our table mates were DISers? We didn't put two & two together for a couple days though. LOL! My family was seated with Lorraine's family. Our sons (both 8 y.o.) hit it off right away. I must say that between our table mates and our waitstaff (Tommy & Wilson) that dinners were a highlight of the cruise.

The first people that we ran into were Dan & Scott. We were one of the first families in the terminal and I think that Dan & Scott were pretty close to being the first people on the ship (if not THE first!! Let us know about that, Dan & Scott!)

The trick or treating was a great success. Thank you to those in charge for your terrific organization of this event!!

We weren't that thrilled with KW (and would probably stay on the ship if we did the Western again) I LOVED Playa Sol in Cozumel!! I was a bit scared of the stingrays in GC! LOL And spent more time on the boat than in the water. LOL But we really did that for my ds, anyways. He was also a bit scared which was surprising to me because he is such an animal lover. I think part of the problem was that the water was too deep for him to stand.

Ray & Tony, my dh enjoyed talking with you while handing out the T or Treats! You gave him some great vacationing advice that we are going to check into. (maybe when I finish the laundry?!) I'm so sorry to hear that you came home sick!! :(

We spent one night at the Contemporary and hit the MK for two-1/2 days (Sat. & Sun) and arrived home very tired on Sun. night. I'm still doing laundry!!!!!! ughhhh!!!

I must say, as much as I love the MK.... it almost pales in comparission to the DCL. We had a wonderful time all around!

LOL! We got a *great* view of the naked catamaran. And so did my 10 year old neice.....You know, it is one of those things where you are looking down and it takes you a minute to realize what you are looking at and then POW! WHAM! OMYGOSH! You realize you are looking at a boat full of naked people. AVERT YOUR EYES!!!!

Sue Ellen, your hair looked amazing!!! And you guys really looked fantastic! Great costumes! Do you own them, did you make them or did you rent them?

Ray, we also came home sick. Well, just Annabelle actually. She got sick on me and on her inside the Avis van at MCO, and we had to change clothes right there in the parking lot. And ya'll all know...we didn't have any clean clothes to change into. So, we flew home in cruise-dirty clothes rather than in sick-dirty clothes. I was washing out her hair in the airport bathroom. Then she had 104 temp on the flight from Cinnci to Flint, so we made some phone calls and found a great walk in clinic in FLint who hooked us up with a diagnosis (Nasal & THroat Infection) and a 24 hr Walgreens before we made the three hour drive home. She is still fighting the fever, but hopefully we are on the upswing.

THe funny (or not so) thing is that Annabelle first had a fever late Fri night. And since she has only been sick one other time in her life. (Seriously, we have been so lucky.) I was under-dosing her with Infant TYlenol. I was giving her 1/2 tsp. And the doc at the clinic was like, "OKay, you can go to 1 1/2 tsp." I felt like the worst mom ever.

She did really well though, she was chipper the whole time Fri, Sat and Sun, and then finally started to act sick Monday night.

We did stay at AKL on Sat ngiht and went to AK and Epcot and MK before winding up bck at the hotel.

I am still unpacking...and will probably be unpacking for a long time to come!

Everyone have a great day!
karen

P.S. FOr those who go to the parks after a cruise...I always say that after being on DCL, even the nicest CMs at the parks and resorts seem almost rude in comparison....hehehhehe Did you find the magic in the parks after the cruise?????

LOL! We got a *great* view of the naked catamaran. And so did my 10 year old neice.....You know, it is one of those things where you are looking down and it takes you a minute to realize what you are looking at and then POW! WHAM! OMYGOSH! You realize you are looking at a boat full of naked people. AVERT YOUR EYES!!!!

Exactly! My 11 y/o daughter was standing right next to me! I was still so blinded from taking sunset pictures that I wasn't sure if that was what I was seeing or not! Well the pictures tell all (I've hidden them from her!) I can just picture it now--Tara returning to school "guess what I saw in Key West? Naked men on a boat sailing in front of us. Men dressed in women's two piece bikinis and high heels, etc." Child protection services will be on us in a heartbeat! Taking our child out of school to see such sights :teeth:

You are right about going to the park after the cruise. I cannot imagine any CM living up to the standards of the Cruise CMs. I have never felt so special in all my life.

As for the Cindy and Prince costumes...we own them. I wish I could sew like that! We actually picked them up at the park Friday night and liked them much better than what we were going to dress as. Same with Tara's Jasmine costume. She was tickled to be wearing a "real" fake ponytail in her hair!

Sue Ellen

Sue Ellen-I considered it but chickened out cos I thought you'd probably look at me blankly and not have a clue who I was. Plus we'd hardly have been able to hear each other over that noise!Actually, I just thought, there were 3 people in that line from the board. I saw a photo of you in your costumes in shutters, they looked neat. Jan made her snow white one herself, I remember her telling me but again I had to see it on the photos.

Rory was telling me about the boat of naked people, she said they were filming the sunset when it went past so her mum got it all on camera!

Hope everyone who came home ill gets better soon, what a rotten way to end the holiday.

GoofyDisney-You can't be the worst "mom" ever, you took her on a disney cruise! You were the dwarves? I remember seeing a gang of dwarves (that I thought were father xmases!) coming as i went to parrot cay.

I just turned the light off in the study so I can see the fireworks outside better. It's Bonfire Night here which is remembering when Guy Fawks tried to blow up the houses of parliment. Actually there are a couple of theories but its kinda complicated. Anyway, we have bonfires and fireworks and its lots of fun. Woah, one bright one just like blinded me!

That's 3 Halloween Cruisers for next year, anymore? Or anymore rebookers?

We got in yesterday about 4 PM. Stayed Saturday in Cape Canavarel. We have friends who were down there at the same time and we hoped we might get to see them. But it didn't happen. We had a suite at the Rad. and enjoyed lounging around for the day. Takes an easy two days to get back here. Found the house is good shape. And the two DDs seem to have managed the time with out too many fights/
We loved the cruise. I think that we will be going again. We have other friends here who want to go and have invited us to go too. They want to do Christmas time of 2004. I would love to see the ship decorated for Christmas. And maybe it would be a little bit cooler.
We also saw the catamaran with the people showing off their assets. I was on deck 10 at the time and it took me a couple of minutes to realize they were missing something.
If we do do the Christmas cruise I think we might actually get to bring our youngest DD. She has been hinting and last night at dinner, she came right out and said she wanted to go too. That would be fun. I am still working on the laundry and once that is done I can start ironing the shirts and pants.
We were very impressed with the entire staff and crew. They were all extremely helpful. Wish I had them here at home. I would love to have some one turn down the bed and make towel/blanket figures for me.
Ray--hope you are feeling better. I have had pneumonia and it isn't much fun. So get better quick!!

Talk soon again. Estelle and Phil

Emma: We will be cruising again on Halloween. We originally had booked (back in April) for November, but my parents would not have been able to come, so instead we changed it to Halloween week. I'm so glad some others have booked for that week too.

Sorry to hear about all who are sick. Get well soon!!!

We saw the naked catermaran too. Like everyone else, I was blinded by taking pictures of the sunset, so it took me a few minutes to realize what was going on.:p I did not think to take any pictures of them like some of you other perverts!:jester: (just kidding).

Suzanne: We had Tommy and Wilson as our servers for the second seating. I just loved Wilson. He was so genuinly sweet and kind hearted. He told us he just got married in March and his wife is expecting their first baby in January.

Patty: As far as the verandah goes, it was fantastic. however, I don't think we will have one again (unless we get upgraded). I would rather cruise two or three times a year in a less expensive room that only cruise once a year in a room with a verandah. I do, however prefer the split bath, so we usually book a cat. 10.

We will be heading out to dinsey this weekend. We have Friday and Monday off of school.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
We are just going to camp out at fort wilderness with family for 2 nights. It's soap opera weekend at MGM so my sister and I will head there for one day and I am not sure what we will do the other day.

Well, its time for homework with the kiddies.

Dena:earsgirl:

I did not think to take any pictures of them like some of you other perverts! (just kidding).

Hey, I resemble that remark :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Wish I could have hung around for Super Soap Weekend. We LOVE that! I have been to 4 of them, including the first 2. It is so much fun, and there are so CRAZY people there! Have a blast for me please!

I can't wait until next October for our cruise. The ship will be here in Norfolk for 2 weeks for Dry Dock just before we sail. We are going to try to get with some of the crew for a night out in Norfolk!

Sue Ellen

Great! That makes 3 of us so far! My dad was wondering whether or not to book a room for his parents while we were onboard but decided against it incase they thought we were paying!

Ill write a longer message later but for now I have to do some french, mark my own history essay (yep, she obviously hasnt noticed the flaw in this task) and starrt my Silas Marner essay.

Am I being dum here? My history essay question was "What were the causes of World War One?" So that's what I wrote about. On the marking scheme it says you need to explain HOW they were causes. Is that what you get from the question because I don't.

We are home unpacked and back at work, it seems like a distant memeory now! Although we are not going next year we would like to do the Xmas 2004 cruise, which of course they have not released yet with all this talk about a med cruise - sorry but I know where I would rather be - and it is NOT Europe! That year xmas day is a Saturday, so you would be on board in the afternoon, and then new years eve is the Friday - the downside to that is having to be in Rocking Bar D at 6 am the following moring. I guess we could just not go to bed.

We had a great cruise and it was lovely to sit with ennazus and her family at dinner. Our two sons got on really well and had a great time in the kids club together. DH was also one number away from the bingo jackpot - we would definitatly have booked next Halloween if he had won.
I also bumped into one half of QuackAttack on deck four who had seen us at lunch with our Disney Cruisers Halloween t-shirts on and guessed we were from the boards.

Oh well back to the ironing.

Lorraine:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts