Calling Halloween Cruisers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine: a week from today we will be floating on the ocean. I believe we will be floating toward Grand Cayman? Ahhhh! I can't wait to visit hell! LOL!

Of course my sis doesn't know. I'm a veteren lil' sis'. I do all the stuff that annoys her. The fact is she's worse, but lets get off that subject because it would ruin oiur fun time talking about the cruise.

I'll be so sad. On Friday everyone would have left and I won't be able to talk to anyone. This is so sad. I probably wouldn't have the time though with our festival. Two of the rides arrived today. We got the Ferris Wheel and the Scrambler. Only 3-2 days unti lit starts.

So I made all our Halloween treats today. I am also sad to report that we will not be able to do our "local treat". For anyone who was wondering, we were going to do "Candied Chads" The Number One Choice of Florida Voters. Sorry we couldn't have done it! : (

Man! I have to get packing! Thank God that Sniper won't be around our ship. Sorry, watching the 11pm news. This is all so very bad! But we won't let that ruin our cruise either!

RORY: How were you going to make "Candied Chads"? The idea itself is worthy of note!:)! Very clever ;)
Now I am curious :confused: as to how you would do it if you had the time.

Jan :earsgirl:

Things are SO crazy here. The Sniper is making things all out of sorts. People all over are scared. School was canceled today, and is out again tomorrow. Seems as if there has been a direct threat or something to the schools and they don't know when they will go back. Also, they know he is in the area because of a traced phone call from Richmond telling them where to find the note near the shooting location. It's really scary thinking he is SO close. I'm a bit more worried than I like to think I am. Especially since I work in Richmond.

On to better things. I can't wait to get on the ship. I don't even know where to begin with my packing. I know I'm going to end up over packing as usual, and I'm supposed to be done by Wednesday night/Thursday morning. I can just picture myself (as usual) trying to get everyting packed about 10 minutes before we are supposed to walk out the door! (trust me, that's typical for me) I'm not sure how on Earth my formal dress, Tara's formal wear, and Steve's tux are all going to go into a garment bag. Since my dress is a bit full, and floorlength, I'm worried that it's going to get all wrinkled and messy before I can get it out to hang up.

I sure hope we remember everything we need. I hate getting somewhere and having to buy stuff because we forgot something once again. (also typical no matter how much I pack!)

Well, I can't wait to get to the ship and meet up with everyone. We are looking forward to it. So far the only planning that I have done for excursions is a beach horseback ride with Nicki in Grand Cayman. Thinking of excursions with a Toddler is tough.

Take care everyone, and those of you driving (like us) drive safely! Be VERY careful in the Virginia area if you need gas or a meal.

Sue Ellen

RORY: Indiana votes with a punch method and even our absentee ballots were like that. We checked for chads before we mailed them in. We never thought to even worry about it before the Florida situation.

SUE ELLEN: Drive safely and travel CARE-FULLY!

okay,

found my Leave A Legacy card, I think we're all packed,

I'm signing off!

See you all on the ship!!!

Kimmerie
:sunny:

Okay everything done... I think.
Jan-- and everyone have a great trip. We'll see you all Friday at the pool at the Radisson.
I finished packing this morning and discovered I have room in my carry on. I can not figure what I forgot. Phil keeps asking did you put this in or that in. And the answer is always yes. So I do have room for some souveniers (sp). Of course the carry on weighs as much as a small third world country. That's because of the pin book in the bottom. Have to have the pins I want to trade.
The paper work is in Phils carry on. Will finish that in the motel tomorrow night.
Everyone who is driving thru the eastern part of Virginia, be careful. We take the western route and should be all right.
Will sign off now, see you all either Friday night or Saturday morning. ON THE SHIP!!!!!!!!!

Estelle

which witch??????

I'm home!! Woo Hoo!

I secured a ride to/from the airport from my mom which makes it SO much nicer for drop-off. Instead of me, 2 kids, their carry-on's + most of our luggage, I have dh there too (he would normall drop us, take the car to cheapo parking and return 30 minutes or so later)! ~phew~

I suppose I must actually begin the process of stuffing things into the suitcase tonight - the room is piled high with stuff, haven't even begun to think about whether or not it will all fit.

The weather sucks here - has been raining for days, is supposed to rain the rest of the week - it just better stay in TX and not move towards Florida!

ok, how logical does this sound for the kids:

For Sat, Tues, Wed & Fri dinners:
DS - 4 collared tops (short-sleeve knit) w/1 pair of blue khaki pants
DD - 4 dresses (girls are SO easy)

Mon/Thurs dinners
DS and DD - Formal wear & Halloween costumes

Sun we plan on Palos so they can go to the club in normal clothes
We may switch Sun/Wed depending on the Palos situation

For days:
Bathing suits (2 each)
shorts/tops - probably 6 of each for each. This is very casual wear - t-shirts, knit shorts.

pjs, 1 pair each
underwear - 6 each

My plan is to do laundry (the casual wear, pjs and undies) mid-way through the trip for them (one small load)

This sounds perfect to me - and not like too much - of course packing size 4 and size 5 kid's clothing doesn't take up too much space!

Any thoughts?

THANKS

Sounds like a plan. We are all packed and ready to leave in the AM. Hope the packing goes well. I remember packing for small people. Their clothes are so small and they go into the smallest spaces. Of course at this point ours pack their own which I must admit is even better.
Will see every one either on Friday evening or Saturday. So excited seems like just last week Jan and Tom suggested that we join them on this cruise. And now it is just hours away. WHEEEEE!!!!!

Everyone still around who hasn't left yet travel safely.

Estelle

Masonpipes

Sounds good to me, now I just change your list above to a 5T Girl's and a 3T Boy's and it works for me too! Just wish I could stick to it. I am an overpacker!!! I still have not put a thing in suitcase, instead I am checking out the boards!!! At this point I think I'll wait till the kids are a sleep to start putting things in the suitcases.

Also, don't forget the sunglasses, hats & shoes : Sandals, Dress and sneakers!

Well we are (still) packing as well, however my stuff is all packed and well Scott is still doing his. Oh well!

2 more days or 14 hours of work (I never said FULL days!)

Dan

Hi everyone!

We are still here. Since we live in Florida, we don't have to travel anywhere. So, we have three more days of workbefore vacation time.:confused: Dont worry Rory, we will still be here with you.

I am trying to get my house organized before we go, but I am not having much luck. At least I have most of my and DD packing done. DH has to pack for himself;)

Everyone have a safe trip to FL. I will see some of you by the pool at the Rad. The rest of you I will see on that great big beautiful ship!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

DENA:earsgirl:

Hi Everyone - Have a safe trip.

SueEllen - Be extra careful. I think the whole country is on needles and pins waiting for this nut to get caught.

We hopefully made our last trip to Walmart tonight. If we forgot anything we have tomorrow to get it. Thursday morning we leave. Still not packed. One of our cats keeps vomiting after he eats so we got to call the vet tomorrow. Things like this always seem to happen to me before a vacation. Stressing Out:(

Rory - My DH will probably have his laptop with him so we'll try to post here Friday night. We're taking sponge candy with us for our regional treat. I'm just hoping it doesn't melt.

M I C, See you real soon, K E Y, Why because we like you,
M O U S E E E E

Patty :earsgirl:

:D We are still here too, but I am not sure how much longer.
I had expected to see my three patients today, come home, shower (the last kid's family smokes a LOT so I need that shower), wash my clothes since I need them for the trip down, pack the RV and leave.
:( BUT :(
Tom had trouble with the software he needed to use for his presentation to the client tomorrow at 10 am so he is way behind.
:) SO :)
I HAD to check OUR THREAD! while my nail polish dried--of course.
I have the two little and one medium sized suitcases for the cruise in the RV. Tom's medium sized one is lying open on the floor as he still has to decide if any shoes can go in there or if he will need them between now and then. My clothes for the next 3 days are in and his are lying on the bed for him to double check.

I hear footsteps on the stairs--

:) !!SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL!! :)

See you FRIDAY OR SATURDAY!! :) :Pinkbounc

:o
I really should be in bed now. I still have one more day of work. I had so much to do after work tonight that I am wide awake.

I too have piles of things that need to be stuffed into suitcases.

Debby, that is a great packing list for the children. I think maybe I have too much in DS's pile to pack. Oh well, I had not planned to do laundry so I guess it will be okay.

I had better try to get to sleep. THEY tend not to be pleased with sleeping on the job.

See you soon,

Rochelle

Rochelle,

Don't worry, you are not the only nut who is up. We leave for the airport in about 5 hours, so at this point I may not go to bed. Just got finished packing most of the suitcase stuff. Still need to do the carry on bag now.

This is probably my last post before leaving. Have a safe trip everyone.

Lynne

waaaaaaaaaaa - who is left with me?

I feel so lonely now! Hope everyone is having safe flights/drives, etc.

I'll be around until Friday a.m. and will probably have to check in before we leave at 7:30 a.m.

We're still here! Our family isnt leaving NJ until early friday morning. I think we get into Orlando around 12. Right now we are going thru packing jitters. Went and bought my 14 y.o son a suit last night (can you believe we got into a huge fight over a tie???) The killer is shoes! Between myself and 2 DD's with dress shoes, sandals, sneakers (for me to run) and DH and DS's shoes we need a suitcase just for that!!! I may have to re-think my packing strategy...lol

See ya soon!
Maureen

I'm still here too. We leave tomorrow night around midnight. We will be driving down. I can see that I'm not going to get much sleep tonight, and I still have to work tomorrow too! I have so much to do at work (so why am I on here? :D )

Packing--man, that is going to be difficult. I always overpack, but between the different shoes we will all need, and the formal wear, and this, and that and this and that...I know you all know what I mean. Darndest thing is that I still have to pack for the baby too, which means diapers, wipes, toys, etc. GOOD GRIEF!!!

You will all know who I am at the port--just look for the person loaded down with about 20 bags and a baby!! :teeth:

Sue Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter