Calling Disney World Experts

ntwpassage

Earning My Ears
The last time I went to Disney World in Florida was 2010, but I have periodically checked this board over the years and have always wanted to return.

My husband and I are planning to take our 9 year old in July 2023. I'm looking for advice from all of you fabulous experts because I feel a little lost after taking 12 years to go back.

What tips do I need to know after all these years? Also, I'd like to stay on property but we are hoping for the lowest cost or best value. Ideally I'd like to have 2 rooms because my husband's snoring keeps us up in hotels. Is there a suite or would it be best to go for two rooms at the lowest cost value hotels? Is there still a big benefit to staying on property?

Thanks so much everyone! :)

A great place to start is with this thread, ‘Planning Your Disney Trip - Start Here’.

We have consolidated information to get you started and links to the most helpful threads for planning your trip.

Look at the ‘pinned’ threads at the top of the main forum. Many have helpful information on the first page and this information is kept current.

Check out Sheraton Vistana - there are two, but I stayed on 8800 Vistana Drive. It is very close to the Disney parks and has great value two bedroom apartments. I stayed there with my wife and two girls (aged 8 and 11). It is a big resort so you may wish to get a car (we didn't and used Uber which worked well, but we were near a lot of the main amenities). We personally did not want stay on site, as we wanted a retreat. The general vibe was that there were fewer and fewer perks to staying on site.

We hadn't been for 18 years (prior to this summer). I would recommend the Unofficial Guide to WDW - best book in the business. It is critical but realistic - they do love Disney and really just want you to maximise your time and fun. I would also say consider signing up to touringplans.com (a companion site) - they personalise plans for you to minimise waits in line. Honestly the best money I spent - barely queued at all.

Finally, there is an awful lot of hate around WDW amongst the hard core Disney fans. There have been a lot of changes, particularly since Covid - prices have gone up, services have been cut, crowds have gone up. I saw a lot of 'the magic has just gone'. It is complex to plan a Disney trip now - even for a Disney commando like me and certainly more than in 2004. You do need to look at your phone a lot more as well. But honestly, we had the best 10 days of our life this summer.

Check out Sheraton Vistana - there are two,
Yes, Sheraton Vistana Resort is closer to WDW, and Sheraton Vistana Villages is a little farther away. Both are very nice timeshare resorts that you can book via their websites or from an owner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter