• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Transit Authority Lovers!

It has always been one of our favorites at MK. I know we ride it at least 2 times every time we go. I still call it Wedway People Mover, and have to back up and say TTA.

When we're on this ride, we always spot the people on Space Mountain going up the hill.....yet NEVER have we seen the TTA people when we're on Space Mountain!
For all of you who have ridden Space Mountain....have you ever looked over and seen the TTA moving by? When does it happen? On the initial uphill swing?

Originally posted by AlisonB
Love this ride! Still think of it as the Wedway People Mover though!!

We still call it the People Mover. TTA just doesn't sound right.

My family loves it. We missed it on our trip during Christmas and my kids were so disappointed. We will do it 20 in July to make up for it.

This past trip we found another reason to love this attraction! It is totally undercover from rain!

We had a downpour at one point and decided to try the TTA and rest our weary feet and to our delight we stayed dry and the storm was over by the time we rode twice in a row without getting off! Thank you to the nice CM who allowed us to prop up and feet and stay on a second time!

We also got some delightful views of the castle changing colors!

This will always be one of my favorites and will always be the people mover to me.

Wouldn't it be nice if they extended it's use to other parts of the parks to actually move people from one end to the other? The train is okay for this but the people mover would be so much better!

YES..LOVE IT!!!! And it is still WED WAY to me!!! I love the fact you can see everything (well) going on down below!!!!! And it is just a cool ride!!!! It is a NOT TO BE MISSED ride when we go..we NEVER miss it, and if we go on Buzz, we are there next,,,,,ahhhhhhhhhh I LOVE THE WORLD!!!!!!

TINK

I LOVE it- great reprieve and fun way to tour Tomorrowland. I'm still mad at DL for taking it out, replacing it with a stupid race car ride, then taking OUT the race car ride (I can't think of the name right now) and NOT putting People Mover back! Dumb! so now just empty track sits above Tomorrowland at DL.

For all of you who have ridden Space Mountain....have you ever looked over and seen the TTA moving by? When does it happen? On the initial uphill swing?

Yes, I have looked over - it is on the initial uphill swing

thanks
jaysue

This ride was replaced by the Rocket Rods at DL AKA the "line ride." What a disappointment.

My daughter was thrilled when we got to WDW and they still had it. Even at 13, this is one of her absolute FAVORITE rides. We rode it just before park closing--all by ourselves. It's kind of spooky in the dark parts but I got some great pictures of a full moon hanging over Space Mountain.

We must've ridden this thing 10-15 times this trip. We'd get a bag of popcorn, prop up our feet, and enjoy riding around Tomorrowland!

We still catch TTA on every visit. It's fun in it's own account, and also a great way to cool down the little ones after waiting in lines

Our family also loves the Wedway People Mover! My 19 yo DS loves to take a nap on this ride.
I love it so much, I just ordered a new license plate for my Suburban "WEDWAY" - after all, it IS a "people mover"!

We all love this ride. WHen DS was 4 we rode and rode to get out of the hot sun. A great way for the "vertically challenged" to experience SM.

This is one of my favorite rides also! I will never forget though my first time at WDW in 1979, i was 12 and petrified of roller coasters. When we got to the part of the ride where you are entering space mountain I paniced, I thought my family had tricked me and we were riding space mountain. My mom kept saying you don't have a restraining belt on, this is NOT the space mountain ride! After my initial fear, I found it to be my favorite ride at the park! My husband and kids don't appreciate it like I do, but I still make them ride it with me at least once every trip!

I too still call it the people mover!

We love this ride. On our first trip my son was 2 and found that this was a great place for him to take a nap.:D

I wish the ride was was wheelchair accessible, I know my husband would enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter