• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Transit Authority Lovers!

We never went on this til last trip. DS has turned into me, and no longer likes to ride some of the big roller coasters, so when the others went on Space Mountain, I said "Let's try this thing!" and we loved it! When others came out of Space Mountain, we all went on and had a great time relaxing and seeing the sights.

It is one of our favorites too! They can call it what ever they want but it will forever be the People Mover to me! :earsgirl:

Attention Tomorrow Land Travelers.....cant wait to hear it again!::yes::

WEDWay has always been a fave among cast members too - at least when I worked there!

My kids share my love of this classic ride. Wish I were on it RIGHT NOW! :earsboy: :earsgirl:

MCMom

I too call it the WEDway people mover. It is one of my favorite rides. It's a great way to cool off during the day. On my last trip I rode it at night while the fireworks were going on. That was great. I love to ride it backwards with my feet up on the opposite seat. Forget about going back to the hotel for a break. This is all the break I need, especially if I can ride it twice in a row.

We always keep our forward facing tentacles inside the vehicle since we are from Galaxy M-31

We join this salute to the linear induction powered Wedway People Mover aka TTA

thanks
jaysue

Gee when I saw the caption to this post I said oh great one that my dad will like!!:eek:

I was thinking more on the terms of buses not the ride!

This comes from growing up in a family who father likes buses:rotfl:

Wow....I guess there are many of us in the "I-love-this-ride-but thought-I-was-the-only-one-who-thought-it-was-really-special" category!

I used to love this ride, but last week the ride broke down for about 5 minutes at the loading area (the turntable didn't move at all) and creating a long lineup... PLUS the people mover was bumping each other quite hard several times... and as an added bonus: the ride stopped for about 30 minutes (or more) and we got stuck in the dark and missed the parade :(

Two more salutes here !!!

Now appraching Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress ...

Several times we have just gone to MK to walk around and people-watch or catch a parade and before going back home we MUST DO the TTA. If we ride nothing else, and often that is the situation, we MUST DO TTA.

We love it, too. DD8 is a thrill seeker and this is still one of her favorites. Even DD4, who is a little scared of Dumbo, loves it.

How funny this post is!! I have brought several family members on this ride who never knew it existed. When I brought them to the foot of the escalators they thought I was trying to get them to ride the Astro Orbitor.

I told them, no! Just C'mon! It is a very relaxing ride. I usually ride it 2 or 3 times for a break in the Afternoon. Sometimes I think I am going to fall asleep in the train, but then I think of what to do next.

Love this Ride,
ADP :D

As "Citizens of Tomorrowland", we love this ride! It will alway be the WEDway People Mover to us :D. There is no better place to catch a quick breath, rest and relax or wait for your fastpass time to come around!

I'm another fan of this ride.

The best part is when you're riding through the Space Mountain building and you're right alongside the folks going up the hill for the ride. It's fun, and a very underrated attraction.

Sincerely,

John "anotherboardnposter" Kilduff

The long lines and trying to hurry up and get all 5 of us into the tram before the doors automatically close. Catching a glimpse of Space Mountain and the anticipation of riding it next. Also seeing the tourists walking up Dunn's River Falls and the traffic cop directing the falmingos as you peek into "If You Had Wings"......

Ok Ok so I am reminiscing here. But that is exactly why I love that ride. It allows me to relax and think back to all of our lovely familiy trips to the World!

Bill

This is one of the classics, everyone in our family old and young alike love the TTA (lovingly known as the wedway people mover in our house). Disney- don't even think about touching this one like you did with some of our other beloved rides. TTA forever!! Does anyone know if Disneyland has this ride???:yo-yo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter