Calling all SINGLE solo travelers

Well, here it goes. My first ever post like this anywhere. DWF, 46 from Kansas. I'll be in the world May 20-23 with boys of my sons, 23 & 19. I could use some "adult" time. (Yes, I know that my 23 yo is considered an adult. But he is after all my son, so that doesn't count.) Besides, it easier to get on rides with 4 people instead of 3.

ok...I will bite! as of today at 4:22 I am now solo ...in life and in Disney May 20th-25th!! No way would I cancel due to "HIM"!

so I am a SWF turning 44 on trip! I am a full-time student ex hairdresser! and I love to ride Harleys!!

I have yet to find a single male that loves Disney!!!
so I will be at the BC in May....anyone looking to do something! :wave:

Hello everyone, I'm a recently single Disney fan too. I'm 29 years old, never married, living in downtown Chicago. I don't post much (ok, never) but thought this topic was worth a post!

I haven't been to Disney World in a while... but I miss it. I'm looking forward to going back in 2006 if I can find the time. Funny how the older I get, the faster the days/weeks/months seem to go by.

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts. Cheers!

Count me in to the single Disney-loving group also! I'm 24 and love all things Disney. If you're a single Disney-loving guy, feel free to PM me to say 'hi!'

I am a 29 yr old SWF. Hey Crcormier how long are you at Disney for? I am leaving for FLA on May 19th but won't be at the BWV until the 22nd. We (my mom,dad and niece) are heading to Vero for a few days. It would be cool to meet up with other single Disers.I have always wanted to check out Jelly Rolls maybe this time I will. Oh and did I mention I am Canadian?

42 yr old Male - not single - but dw doesnot appreciate Disney as I do.
I love everything disney, and would love to share a meal/touring with someone who feels the same as I visit solo.

blondie7 said:
I am a 29 yr old SWF. Hey Crcormier how long are you at Disney for? I am leaving for FLA on May 19th but won't be at the BWV until the 22nd. We (my mom,dad and niece) are heading to Vero for a few days. It would be cool to meet up with other single Disers.I have always wanted to check out Jelly Rolls maybe this time I will. Oh and did I mention I am Canadian?

Hi Blondie! :wave: Alas, I get to WDW May 16th and am heading home on May 21st. :( Though I still heartily suggest Jellyrolls! Where is Bradford? I have a cousin who lives in Ottawa, so I've been there a few times, but that's about all of Ontario I know...

reensmiles said:
It's final! I'm heading to wdw from 11/24 - 12/4 :cool1: anyone going at that time? :wave2:

Man, that was a long trip report, yet i was glued to it for three hours :hyper: it was good :sunny:

I'll miss ya by about two weeks, Reensmiles. I've got a trip planned from Dec 12th through the 17th. (Would have done the week before, but we're doing Disney's Beauty and the Beast at my local theater that weekend!) Glad you enjoyed the trip report, though!

kkmauch said:
This really is a small world...I live in WBL, we're practically neighbors! We're both 23 and both single women. Really, where did all the good Disney guys go?

Wow very small world...maybe we have to travel around the state to find some single Disney loving MN guys!

Someday we might have to try a dis single mixer at WDW!

DVCconvert said:
42 yr old Male - not single - but dw doesnot appreciate Disney as I do.
I love everything disney, and would love to share a meal/touring with someone who feels the same as I visit solo.

My ex didn't go with us ever! I would take ds myself and go. :scratchin Maybe that's why he's the ex, lol!

Kat I can relate to ya! My friends say I am too picky and have too high of standards. But I'd rather be alone and enjoy everything than to be with someone just for the sake of being attached!..I go to WDW solo 2x's a year! I love it! but it would'nt be terrible to share it with Prince Charming twice the fun!!! 44 single female and Loving My Disney : )

crcormier said:
Hi Blondie! :wave: Alas, I get to WDW May 16th and am heading home on May 21st. :( Though I still heartily suggest Jellyrolls! Where is Bradford? I have a cousin who lives in Ottawa, so I've been there a few times, but that's about all of Ontario I know...

Too bad ccromier it would have been cool to meet up. I hope you have a great birthday and trip. Maybe we will meet up another time. I think I will try Jelly Rolls. Bradford is north of Toronto. Toronto is 5-6 hours west of Ottawa I have been there a few times it is nice down there.

Hey all! I'm new here, but couldn't resist this thread. I'm a newly single 28 F, living about an hour from WDW. Like many of you, I've spent the past number of years with someone who flatly refused to share the magic. I would love to meet Prince Charming, but for now I'll settle for my AP. I'm in the parks a lot, sometimes solo, sometimes with newly widowed Dad. If anybody is interested in meeting up, let me know.

Lisa

Hello all,

I am a single, male, 32y/o Disney fan. I am in Miami so I usually go to WDW 2 or 3 times a year since I am only 3 to 4 hours away. I have an annual pass also. I would love to find a woman who is into Disney as much as I am.

Sam

Frollo,

I tried to look at your Star Wars pictures but I couldn't access the link. :(

I'm going to Star Wars weekends this year. :cool1: Would love to see the pictures if possible.

Hey gang! Not only do I love disney, but also I love all things muppet and pop culture. Im 26/f ,and being 6 feet tall I really am in some weird non dating material bracket. Did I mention I work in theater?

crcormier said:
I'll miss ya by about two weeks, Reensmiles. I've got a trip planned from Dec 12th through the 17th. (Would have done the week before, but we're doing Disney's Beauty and the Beast at my local theater that weekend!) Glad you enjoyed the trip report, though!

Just wondering what theater you mean? Did you see Beauty and the Beast at North Shore Music Theater? I worked on that one.

Another SWF here, 44 y/o and I absolutely love the magic of WDW! :love: I'm going through a major change in my life right now: I live in Florida, but am contemplating a move to AZ or NV...if I end up out there, the first thing I will do is plan my first-ever trip to DisneyLand! :Pinkbounc I'll be deciding by the end of this month if I'll be staying in Florida another year (all those hurricanes last year freaked me out!) and if I do stay, I'll be buying an annual pass and doing the total Disney freakout for the length of the pass!

Hi all...
thought I was coming for my first solo trip and also a 'welcome home' to the dvc I just bought BUT it looks like word has gotten out...and now I think I might have some company. I think my sister wants to come for part of the trip at least, and then my half sister lives just a couple hours north and might come for a day...and DD might even fly from west coast to east coast to celebrate mother's day!

So I WAS solo May 7-12 but now I think family will be popping up all over.
But since plans have a habit of changing quickly...just wanted to pop in here to say: yea solo trips!

Costumesaremylife said:
Just wondering what theater you mean? Did you see Beauty and the Beast at North Shore Music Theater? I worked on that one.

I did not see it at North Shore, though several people from our theater did, and thought the costumes were great! The director of the theater actually got in touch with NSMT to try and get their costumes, but it didn't happen.

I do theater at Theater at the Mount, a community theater in Gardner, MA.

crcormier said:
I did not see it at North Shore, though several people from our theater did, and thought the costumes were great! The director of the theater actually got in touch with NSMT to try and get their costumes, but it didn't happen.

I do theater at Theater at the Mount, a community theater in Gardner, MA.

hey! I live right down the street from the NSMT....and I used to work there! so did my daugher and all our friends.....who stiill do work there! small world......

A little aside here: I'm having a mini-meet at Tubi's Beffeteria in the WDW Dolphin on Sunday may 22 at 12 noon. It's not specifically a meet for singles, but it is a relaxed and friendly meet in a food court with no set structure or requirements other than 1) Show up, and 2) Have fun. If you are in WDW that day please consider dropping by; I've noticed that several people in this thread have trips scheduled for that week.

The sign-up thread is here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=781621

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter