Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the sweepers don't start until the very last person crosses the finish line. Say it takes 45-50 min for all the runners to start, but if you are in the first corral, you theoretically have the 3:30 plus the 45-50 min it took for all the corrals to go (clock time). It's one of the reasons proof of time to get into an earlier coral can be important.

Well drat I don't have that. Oh well, hope to push my way to the front of my corral! ;) I did do 13 miles here at home with my running group and I was just over 3 hours and that was with hills and no Disney magical atmosphere so I am hoping for the best! I would be so sad to not finish!

You'll finish, don't worry. I'm MUCH slower than you are-- 14 to 15 minute miles -- and a lot older, if those are your kids lol and I'm not worried about finishing. There will be enough slack to stay ahead of the balloon ladies, I'm fairly confident. In fact, I have it on my race shirt--
"One step ahead of the balloon ladies" lol.

It's an old pic I can't remember how to change it LOL! I'm 46. New runner. Fingers crossed thank you! I plan to not stop for characters unless I'm confident I have plenty of room!

Newbie here and I obviously haven't read all the posts! I have a question…I am deathly afraid of being swept! I know you are supposed to maintain a sub-16 min mile, which I should have no problem doing. However, I am NOT fast, I'm like a 13 min mile on avg. I read that people get swept, but then when I look at results there are people that have finish times of 4:20 etc. How is that possible that they didn't get swept? I'm confused…:confused3 THANKS!

You are just fine at a 13 minute pace! Even at a 14 minute u will do great! No worries....

Congrats to the older runners! That's fantastic! I feel like I am old because I just started this year. I do other things but I was never a runner. I set out to become one in 2013. I might be slow, but I am out there. I get a great feeling of accomplishment from it, I wish I started younger!!! Thanks for the supportive words! Very encouraging!:)

Pooh's Pixie said:
Congrats to the older runners! That's fantastic! I feel like I am old because I just started this year. I do other things but I was never a runner. I set out to become one in 2013. I might be slow, but I am out there. I get a great feeling of accomplishment from it, I wish I started younger!!! Thanks for the supportive words! Very encouraging!:)

13 min miles for 13 miles is nothing to sneeze at! You will do great!

I was talking to a friend of mine this morning and her mom qualified for Boston next year! She's 63! I'm so in awe as I wouldn't qualify for Boston if I was 13, 33, or 63!!!

Hi Princesses!

I feel SO out of the loop--Haven't been on here much at all this year. I ran a half at the end of September and haven't done much running since.

I've had some discomfort behind/under my ankle on the inside of my foot. Not sure exactly what it is, but I've taken some time off and it doesn't seem better. Not really painful when I run, so.. :confused:

Started training again a couple of weeks ago. Being very conservative with mileage and and taking it really slow. At this point, I'd rather finish my 19.3 holding hands with the balloon ladies than getting seriously injured and not being able to finish at all.

We opted not to do parks this trip because we're saving for our youngest daughters 5th birthday trip in November! Anyone going to the party in DTD?

Happy Training!

HI everyone! I was on here earlier in the year but have been doing the FB groups mostly because it's easier to keep up. I'm 55, hoping for a 12-13 min pace. I did a half in July and finished in 2:39. I'd be so happy to do this under 2:30 :goodvibes My DD and DIL and my daughters boyfriend will be doing this with me...the glitch is we have the 10K the day before :confused3 as well!

Just got my Tshirt for the 10K today in the Disney Store. For the half I'm going as Snow White. Looks like Cindy for the 10K!

Jeff Galloway schedule has me at 8mi this weekend with a pending snow storm. I ran 3mi last night out in the flurries it was AWESOME but a snow storm is another thing. I'm so scared by the increasing mileage. I have to be so careful about re-injury. I hurt my hamstring in July and it's not 100% even now. I did join a running group locally to keep me accountable. It's been fun but its hard to find someone as slow as me and willing to do intervals. So last night I ran alone but I know it's dangerous and try to avoid that if possible...still long miles on the treadmill are not appealing :(

Happy Holidays to all!

HI everyone! I was on here earlier in the year but have been doing the FB groups mostly because it's easier to keep up. I'm 55, hoping for a 12-13 min pace. I did a half in July and finished in 2:39. I'd be so happy to do this under 2:30 :goodvibes My DD and DIL and my daughters boyfriend will be doing this with me...the glitch is we have the 10K the day before :confused3 as well!

Just got my Tshirt for the 10K today in the Disney Store. For the half I'm going as Snow White. Looks like Cindy for the 10K!

Jeff Galloway schedule has me at 8mi this weekend with a pending snow storm. I ran 3mi last night out in the flurries it was AWESOME but a snow storm is another thing. I'm so scared by the increasing mileage. I have to be so careful about re-injury. I hurt my hamstring in July and it's not 100% even now. I did join a running group locally to keep me accountable. It's been fun but its hard to find someone as slow as me and willing to do intervals. So last night I ran alone but I know it's dangerous and try to avoid that if possible...still long miles on the treadmill are not appealing :(

Happy Holidays to all!

I'll probably be around where you are, at the 12 min/mile. I'm training around 11/11:30, but I think I'll be going slower in the heat.

I'm on the same schedule, 8 miles this weekend. I've resigned myself to running inside, cuz I'm such a baby about the cold. Owell. 4 miles on the treadmill last weekend, it wasn't too bad (I covered the numbers with a towel). We'll see how this weekend goes. There's a 10k nearby that I'm debating, but...ugh...cold. >< I just dunno.

Yeah, it's cold but I bought all this cold weather running gear so now I have to use it , right! :rotfl2: I have a face mask on order from amazon that should be here by this frigid weekend. My fleece tights are amazing and I wear three layers of dri fit shirts! I actually sweat so I wear too much but rather be warm. I have a beanie, a neck warmer, wool socks and its all working but so far coldest day was 17 degrees, did 5 mi in that. :yay: I guess we'll see what this weekend brings, but it's the ice that's more the issue for me.

I too will be doing my 8 miler on the TM tomorrow as I am a wimp.

If any one has a chance or desire, go for an evening run just to view the Christmas lights and if it is for snowing, it is even better.

joan4mickey said:
I too will be doing my 8 miler on the TM tomorrow as I am a wimp.

If any one has a chance or desire, go for an evening run just to view the Christmas lights and if it is for snowing, it is even better.

That's one of my favorite things about running outside in December. But part of my running path is so dark and I get nervous, so I can only run to see the lights if DH drops me off and picks me up in the residential area.

But I'm not running out there today. Uh uh no way. It's a wind chill of zero right now and a high of 10 today. I could use some help motivating my butt tho- My problem is that I had a holiday event last night that we got home very late from and another tonight. So my only option for my run today is right now before work. And I'm SO tired! But if I wait til tomorrow ill be doing an impromptu back-to-back run weekend 3.5 and 5. I did 1.25 and 9 last weekend and i felt fine. Oh my bed is so warm as toasty right now I do not want to go run in the basement!! The spirit is willing but the body says... Snooze!

To run or not to run???

Hello, all….. I'm sure this has been asked many times before…. has Disney allowed discount tickets yet for this run? I signed hoping to get the discounts as in any other Disney run only to find out the discounted tickets were not available….. is this still the case??

Thanks!

No discounts for Princess. RunDisney seems to be phasing all these discounts out since the races have all become so popular/well-subscribed.

I would suggest they rethink their position - notice the races filled up almost immediately - then word got out there were no discounts and the 5k registration came to a screeching halt - just recently filled past 50%

I understand why they wouldn't offer the incentive during President's week, but in the future there is no way I'm signing again without the discount incentive - wouldn't have this time if I'd have known - I think they're misreading the popularity of the run vs the popularity of the incentive

Smart thing to do would be to schedule the run on an off peak week and give the incentive to draw families down - poor marketing this time around - highly disappointed - leaving half the family home

Smart thing to do would be to schedule the run on an off peak week and give the incentive to draw families down - poor marketing this time around - highly disappointed - leaving half the family home

The first Princess Half was run on March 9 (or 8th) anyway...they then moved it up to the first Sunday in March the next year, and then to the weekend right after Pres.day the following year. I am not sure why but I think they did it so they would get more people. I personally hate it and liked the March date better as I like to see the Flower and Garden thing at EPCOT.

2009 was the first and there was around 6000 runners and then the next year around 10,000, but when it moved to it's current slot it soared to over 20,000+
They race has changed quite a bit in 5 years and I said I was done after this year, but adding the GSC changed my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter