Calling all Princess 1/2 Marathoner's! Check in here! *UPDATE* PRE-RACE MEET INFO!

Which hotel are you staying at or thinking of staying at?

• All Stars (Movies)*

• POP or other All Stars

• CBR*

• POFQ

• POR

• Saratoga Springs

• POLY*

• Beach/YC

• AKL

• Coronado Springs

• Boardwalk

• Off property/or other hotel not listed

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just started working on my scrapbook, here are a couple of my layouts so far...

PrincessRace1.jpg

wwos.jpg

BTW, not sure if you design digitally or regular scrapbooks, but if you do digital, or if you want some stuff to print out to use, i have a disney digital kit & princess kit (which i used for my first lo here) on my blog for free at
www.tikimamadesigns.blogspot.com

Thanks! Those are awesome. I'm confused though...how do the digital ones work? Haha....

thanks again.

Well, you use a photo program, i use Photoshop Elements, and create the page digitally - (do a google search for digital scrapbooking - you will find TONS AND TONS of info!) and then i upload them to snapfish or shutterfly, and have a hard bound book printed of my layouts. I converted 100% over to digi scrappin' about 3 years ago, after being a long time paper scrapper. I love it!

One of the running blogs that I follow had a post today with a picture of a Circle of Life 5k pin from January. This made me wonder... were there other pins available for Princess weekend (such as a 5k pin) that I missed? I did pre-prepurchase the commemorative pin (which personally I thought was pretty ugly), but if there were other pins I'd like to try and add them to my small but growing collection.

Did everyone get the email with the race finish info and printable certificates? It's a cute page. I got mine and one daughter's and some random persons. My daughters actually has a picture of me on the frame and then one of my daughter's didn't come. Maybe I should email them back about the random one and ask about my daughters. There are 4 certificates to choose from.

Did everyone get the email with the race finish info and printable certificates? It's a cute page. I got mine and one daughter's and some random persons. My daughters actually has a picture of me on the frame and then one of my daughter's didn't come. Maybe I should email them back about the random one and ask about my daughters. There are 4 certificates to choose from.

was the certificate only for the 1/2

Curious - how many of you all are planning on next years race?! We are (me my mom and my sis) , now my sis is also *planning* to get married at the Wedding pavilion at the GF after the race!!! (Well, on the Thursday after the race, not the same day as the race... LOL) So, if all goes as planned, i will be there 10 days.

Curious - how many of you all are planning on next years race?! We are (me my mom and my sis) , now my sis is also *planning* to get married at the Wedding pavilion at the GF after the race!!! (Well, on the Thursday after the race, not the same day as the race... LOL) So, if all goes as planned, i will be there 10 days.

wow congratulations to your sister! That would be an amazing 10 day trip of achievement and celebration. I know it's planning but it's still exciting. Not planning princess again, if anything i'm hoping to do the full but it might be 2011

Kate, good for you!!! I can honestly say i have NO desire to do the full - LOL 13.1 is enough for me. :)

I signed up for the full and I may sign up for the Princess half again if my BFF decides to join me.

I'm thinking of doing the Princess 1/2 next year! If running goes well and I make it to RFTT in October, I should be on schedule.

Actually, i may end up doing the 5k as well as the 1/2. My dd ran the kids race this year, and watched the end of the 5k, and just keeps saying that she wants to do the 5k next year (or as she puts it - the BIG race..) LOL She will be 9 by then..

I did the 5K along with my 2 daughters (and granddaughters in strollers). It was our first race. We had a blast. My oldest daughter and her future SIL will be doing the 1/2 and they are really convincing me to do it as well. My other daughter will probably do the 5K again with stroller unless she can convince my DH to come and help with the little ones or keep them with him at home since he is retired.
I found it to be such a great experience to share with "my girls".

I had such a blast that I am already signed up for the Goofy!! Don't know if I can make another trip so soon after that, but if it works out, I'll be there for the Princess as well.

My sister and I are planning on running the Princess half next year. We had so much fun at the 5K. We felt like we could have kept running and running. Maybe it was the excitement of the race but we felt great! My kids were very excited for us and told us the night before that they hoped we both "won". I didn't have the heart to tell them we had no chance of winning! When we came home wearing our medals, they thought we had won and were jumping up and down. Really cute.

Here are a few pics from our day! Hope to see you all next year at the half!

My sister and my DD, Lilly, picking up our packets!
IMG_5671.jpg

We planned to line up with the 9-11 minute group but got caught up in the excitement a were taking pictures--when we realized the race was about to start and we were on the wrong side of the fence! We ended up back by the strollers. A rookie mistake.

IMG_5699.jpg

Happy to make it into EPCOT. The run through the parking lot was boring!

IMG_5703.jpg

Our only princess picture. I had read to not worry about character pictures but we wanted at least 1 princess pic!

IMG_5702.jpg

How could we not stop :confused3

IMG_5704.jpg

The finish line!!
IMG_5706.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

We were back in our resort room by 8am. I couldn't believe how quickly the race came and went! This was our first race ever--Disney did a great job. I can't wait for next year!

Blakely

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter