California DVC Owners Group

We have been back to Disneyland twice now --- 5/11 and 5/22. Both days were overall good (so great to be back), but having a wheelchair made things a bit tough at times. Honestly found our second day there to be less hectic and crowded compared to our first day. Rode almost everything we wanted to between the 2 visits except Dumbo.

We will be back in July though. Have long standing VGC reservations for the anniversary (we go every year) for 4 nights (I think). We still need to buy 4-5 day tickets for that stay. We will then be done buying tickets until at least the holiday season (and hopefully there will be some form of AP by then). We do have WDW in late September/early October for their anniversary to look forward to.

I posted my experience last weekend under The Magic is Back thread, which I know some of you read so I don't want to duplicate here. Also briefly complained in the VGC thread about the pool situation, (essentially waiting for 2 hours and still having it be crowded, basically having wasted my afternoon waiting since we had mobile orders to get to in the evening) but wanted to post here about the reply I got when I e-mailed the hotel manager (I suggested a reservation system might prevent others from going through the same awful experience - I can't imagine paying upwards of $700/night and having to deal with crying kids because they were waiting for so long!). I thought the response was really inadequate, but maybe I'm overreacting?

"Hi Ms ---------,

Thanks very much for your feedback. I do apologize for your poor experience and we will consider your suggestion. We have considered a reservation system, but did opt for the wait list approach. It may be something we implement for the summer season. We are also looking forward to increasing pool capacity very soon.

Warm regards,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone"

When I got my survey about our Disney experience I tried to complain loudly there, too. Don't have great expectations about potential responses though.

Other than the pool issue, the Grand was wonderful. I felt terrible for their staff since I'm sure other guests were expressing a lot of frustration at the length of time it took to check in, and when we checked out we called for Bell Services to help us with our bags at 1015, and they said someone would be there in a half hour. We waited in the room until 1115, then picked up the bags ourselves and walked downstairs (would have been much easier with the cart, but we had eaten just enough of our groceries that it was barely manageable with all 3 teens helping). At the bottom of the elevator, our bell services guy was there so we told him we were fine and to take a break. He said he was supposed to have left on his lunch earlier but they were so understaffed he was going to just take a few minutes to rest before heading to the next guest. He looked really run ragged.

Last edited:
Just dropping in to say hello and happy reopening day to my California neighbors!

During my lunch break, I was able to watch a livestream of rope drop at DLR. I‘ve visited the parks several times since reopening, but to see so many smiling faces today was an emotional experience. To say that it’s been a rough year is a massive understatement, we’ve suffered loss of loved ones, loneliness, illness, just too much to mention. But today was met with yet another glimmer of hope of better days to come.

Best wishes to all and see you around the parks!💕

Just dropping in to say hello and happy reopening day to my California neighbors!

During my lunch break, I was able to watch a livestream of rope drop at DLR. I‘ve visited the parks several times since reopening, but to see so many smiling faces today was an emotional experience. To say that it’s been a rough year is a massive understatement, we’ve suffered loss of loved ones, loneliness, illness, just too much to mention. But today was met with yet another glimmer of hope of better days to come.

Best wishes to all and see you around the parks!💕
Thank you for this little bit of sunshine!
We were just discussing our complicated feelings about the state reopening during lunch at work today (I work at a hospital). Discussions have turned contentious in some corners of the internet, so your wishes are very welcome 🥰

Thank you for this little bit of sunshine!
We were just discussing our complicated feelings about the state reopening during lunch at work today (I work at a hospital). Discussions have turned contentious in some corners of the internet, so your wishes are very welcome 🥰

Yup, mixed feelings here too but mostly positive. I’m also in healthcare and work for Kaiser so I think we may have a slightly different perspective on things. 😉

Take care and be safe!😊

Yup, mixed feelings here too but mostly positive. I’m also in healthcare and work for Kaiser so I think we may have a slightly different perspective on things. 😉

Take care and be safe!😊
Yesterday, I went to a supermarket in Yorba Linda (100% masks) and to see a movie (we rented a theatre) at the Block at Orange (about 95%+ masks) and was surprised and pleased that people were handling it responsibly, with no one seeming to be too uptight about the transition.

Take care and be safe!😊

Mixed feelings here too. I am still working from home. Rumor is that 50% of people will return to the office around 7/4 and 100% after Labor Day. So an end is in sight to working at home. (I know a lot of people love it, but I am not really a fan). I did go out to the dentist yesterday (and wore my mask of course). I was surprised to see a lot of people in the outdoor areas near this area still wearing their masks. My parents went to Costco (Tustin) and Ralph's (Irvine) yesterday and said that it was still 100% masks in both stores. Should be interesting over the next days and weeks to see if people start to stop wearing them.

We will be at Disneyland next month (at VGC) for the anniversary 7/14-7/18 (normally only do 2 nights for that stay but extended since I had a lot of points to use up). We have been twice since opening for park only days and are looking forward to a nice little staycation and getting to enjoy the parks. And of course counting down to WDW in late September / early October for the big 50th down there.

Summer SoCal Fun at the San Diego County Fair!

It is Fair Time and things are re-opening! Reporting on our visit from yesterday, 6/18:
  • Fair Admission is $10 pp for "Fair Only" or $12 pp for "Fair + Transportation on the North County Transit" (bus, rail, etc).
  • It was a "mini-fair" of sorts. There were all the typical Fair Food selections; most typical vendors (shopping); some rides; some live music spread through the Food areas ... but no livestock or exhibits (photography, wood working, flower/garden, etc) or concerts.
    • I enjoyed my traditional favorite Fair Food: Roxy's Artichoke Sandwich. Packed with artichoke hearts, sprouts, avocado and all kinds of yumminess. Joy!
    • Shopping: We found the vendors more aggressive than normal and, in response, found ourselves shutting them down or out as a measure of self-protection. We did visit with our "favorites" (familiar faces and products) with purchases at Allet (upgrading to their new RFID protected wallet styles); Flea Treats; and Florida's Best personal care items (new to me; recommended by a friend for migraine pain relief). We spent a good deal of time talking with two serious vendors regarding solar power and energy storage ... I'm still hoping to "sell" DH on my plans!
    • We enjoyed the "Home Grown Fun" decor ... especially the vintage tractors. Oooh'd and Aaaaah'd over an Oliver Standard 88 hidden near the race track grandstands.
    • My husband repeated, "No chickens." He really missed them! Huh. Go figure. Maybe we will once again use our chicken hutch. I think we both missed the gardening section in equal measure.
  • Covid-19 restrictions are relaxed. Masks are required while riding public transit ... but not elsewhere. Out of State attendees are now welcome.
  • It was great fun! :-)
We chose the $12 tickets, booked our Worldmark timeshare at Oceanside and enjoyed the Coaster (rail) from Oceanside down to the Solana Beach station with a special Breeze (bus) line running between the Solana Beach rail station and the back entrance to the SD Fairgounds. Free parking at the Oceanside Station; cheap transportation; easy, peasy! We had fun joking among ourselves while riding the bus "Feels like traveling around WDW using their transportation system!" LOL

When we last wrote, in this thread, of a WM Oceanside visit we had a 3BR Penthouse unit. This time we have a Studio unit and are enjoying it.
  • Studio max occupancy: 2
  • Kitchen: Stated as "Mini." Frankly, it is a full kitchen w/out an oven. It is a galley style layout with plenty of counter space; two bar stools for eating at the counter; full size refrigerator with ice maker; two-burner stove top; Microwave; Dishwasher; Sink; Coffee Maker (standard 12-cup with flat bottom basket); blender; plenty of dishes and cookware; knife block; cutting board; etc.
  • Gas Fireplace
  • Gas BBQ on the patio
  • Stacked washer/dryer in the bathroom
  • Queen Murphy Bed located near the patio end of the unit ... so you have a view and are protected from the entry and hall noises.
  • Storage: Small closet; 2 large drawers
  • Entertainment: Good size flat screen TV mounted over the fireplace; audio speakers with USB/AUX ports for your own devices; DVD player; etc.
  • Other Furnishings: Couch, coffee table, dining table with chairs; beach-y artwork, themed carpeting, etc.
  • Bonus: So many outlets! I counted at least 9 outlets available for our use. (We bring a lot of electronic gear ... so these are coveted.)
All that and air-conditioning! Whee! I suffered through 107F at our high-desert home all this week and through various power outages (ugh). I was roasting ... what a great delight to come down to the coast!! June Gloom! Fantastic! (But truth be told, I was cold all day at the fair and wished I'd brought a jacket. That is what happens once your body adjusts to the triple digit temps.)

To reach the "daily mile" on our OneWheels that evening, we rode from the WM to the Oceanside Broiler restaurant (formerly Monterey Canning Co). Dinner was fantastic. My Cioppino was loaded with seafood and so tasty!

Today we'll hope to explore both streets and trails on our boards ... we spotted plenty of interesting riding locations from the Coaster trip yesterday. There are so many cute areas to explore along this coastal stretch. (So many areas tied to our childhood memories: camping at San Elijo State Park, hanging with friends in Encinitias, Carlsbad Village, etc.) We will conquer the day ... once DH wakes up.

Happy Father's Day weekend, all

EDITED to add: Crushed it today (Sat)! Rode 17-19 miles on our OneWheels (depending on whose app you believe) exploring the Harbor and Marina areas, the San Luis Rey River trail (past the Oceanside Airport and nearby skate park) and more. What a blast! Earned a couple new Badges on my OneWheel App (exceeded 400 miles in a streak; exceeded 16 miles in a day; exceeded 30 miles in a week)!! We also made a lovely lunch in the unit (grilled chicken with loads of veggies); enjoyed the pool/hot tub and wrapped up with a watermelon smoothie using the blender. We've run two loads of laundry and the dishes ... I think we've used every feature of the room except the fireplace ... hmmm, maybe we'll run that tonight. What a lovely visit!!

Last edited:
Summer SoCal Fun at the San Diego County Fair!

It is Fair Time and things are re-opening! Reporting on our visit from yesterday, 6/18:
  • Fair Admission is $10 pp for "Fair Only" or $12 pp for "Fair + Transportation on the North County Transit" (bus, rail, etc).
  • It was a "mini-fair" of sorts. There were all the typical Fair Food selections; most typical vendors (shopping); some rides; some live music spread through the Food areas ... but no livestock or exhibits (photography, wood working, flower/garden, etc) or concerts.
    • I enjoyed my traditional favorite Fair Food: Roxy's Artichoke Sandwich. Packed with artichoke hearts, sprouts, avocado and all kinds of yumminess. Joy!
    • Shopping: We found the vendors more aggressive than normal and, in response, found ourselves shutting them down or out as a measure of self-protection. We did visit with our "favorites" (familiar faces and products) with purchases at Allet (upgrading to their new RFID protected wallet styles); Flea Treats; and Florida's Best personal care items (new to me; recommended by a friend for migraine pain relief). We spent a good deal of time talking with two serious vendors regarding solar power and energy storage ... I'm still hoping to "sell" DH on my plans!
    • We enjoyed the "Home Grown Fun" decor ... especially the vintage tractors. Oooh'd and Aaaaah'd over an Oliver Standard 88 hidden near the race track grandstands.
    • My husband repeated, "No chickens." He really missed them! Huh. Go figure. Maybe we will once again use our chicken hutch. I think we both missed the gardening section in equal measure.
  • Covid-19 restrictions are relaxed. Masks are required while riding public transit ... but not elsewhere. Out of State attendees are now welcome.
  • It was great fun! :-)
We chose the $12 tickets, booked our Worldmark timeshare at Oceanside and enjoyed the Coaster (rail) from Oceanside down to the Solana Beach station with a special Breeze (bus) line running between the Solana Beach rail station and the back entrance to the SD Fairgounds. Free parking at the Oceanside Station; cheap transportation; easy, peasy! We had fun joking among ourselves while riding the bus "Feels like traveling around WDW using their transportation system!" LOL

When we last wrote, in this thread, of a WM Oceanside visit we had a 3BR Penthouse unit. This time we have a Studio unit and are enjoying it.
  • Studio max occupancy: 2
  • Kitchen: Stated as "Mini." Frankly, it is a full kitchen w/out an oven. It is a galley style layout with plenty of counter space; two bar stools for eating at the counter; full size refrigerator with ice maker; two-burner stove top; Microwave; Dishwasher; Sink; Coffee Maker (standard 12-cup with flat bottom basket); blender; plenty of dishes and cookware; knife block; cutting board; etc.
  • Gas Fireplace
  • Gas BBQ on the patio
  • Stacked washer/dryer in the bathroom
  • Queen Murphy Bed located near the patio end of the unit ... so you have a view and are protected from the entry and hall noises.
  • Storage: Small closet; 2 large drawers
  • Entertainment: Good size flat screen TV mounted over the fireplace; audio speakers with USB/AUX ports for your own devices; DVD player; etc.
  • Other Furnishings: Couch, coffee table, dining table with chairs; beach-y artwork, themed carpeting, etc.
  • Bonus: So many outlets! I counted at least 9 outlets available for our use. (We bring a lot of electronic gear ... so these are coveted.)
All that and air-conditioning! Whee! I suffered through 107F at our high-desert home all this week and through various power outages (ugh). I was roasting ... what a great delight to come down to the coast!! June Gloom! Fantastic! (But truth be told, I was cold all day at the fair and wished I'd brought a jacket. That is what happens once your body adjusts to the triple digit temps.)

To reach the "daily mile" on our OneWheels that evening, we rode from the WM to the Oceanside Broiler restaurant (formerly Monterey Canning Co). Dinner was fantastic. My Cioppino was loaded with seafood and so tasty!

Today we'll hope to explore both streets and trails on our boards ... we spotted plenty of interesting riding locations from the Coaster trip yesterday. There are so many cute areas to explore along this coastal stretch. (So many areas tied to our childhood memories: camping at San Elijo State Park, hanging with friends in Encinitias, Carlsbad Village, etc.) We will conquer the day ... once DH wakes up.

Happy Father's Day weekend, all

EDITED to add: Crushed it today (Sat)! Rode 17-19 miles on our OneWheels (depending on whose app you believe) exploring the Harbor and Marina areas, the San Luis Rey River trail (past the Oceanside Airport and nearby skate park) and more. What a blast! Earned a couple new Badges on my OneWheel App (exceeded 400 miles in a streak; exceeded 16 miles in a day; exceeded 30 miles in a week)!! We also made a lovely lunch in the unit (grilled chicken with loads of veggies); enjoyed the pool/hot tub and wrapped up with a watermelon smoothie using the blender. We've run two loads of laundry and the dishes ... I think we've used every feature of the room except the fireplace ... hmmm, maybe we'll run that tonight. What a lovely visit!!

Thank you so much for your review of the fair! Looks like you‘re having a fantastic time!😊

It’s been years since I’ve been to a far, so now that my family is chomping at the bit to get out of town, maybe I’ll suggest a weekend in San Diego, perhaps an Airbnb rental on the beach somewhere.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1. When did you become a member?

2. Did you buy direct or resale?
First contract is resale, but I am planning on buying direct in small contract increments going forward.

3. Where do you own?
I bought at HHI, mainly due to the low cost per point. I know the MF's are high, but I don't plan on keeping the contract. I bought resale to allow me to avoid the direct purchase minimum contract sizes for new members. Now, I will be purchasing direct at BCV in smaller increments moving forward and that will be my home resort. I'm banking on the 2022 refurb bringing the rooms up to something closer to CCV while still enjoying the beauty of Wilderness Lodge. I'll probably unload the HHI contract at the end of next year (Feb UY). With current pricing trends for resale, I should probably break even with broker fees, etc. No worries either way.

4. Do you vacation in DLR, WDW, Hilton Head, Vero or Aulani? If so, how often?
As a former (11-years!) DL CM, we've only just started going to WDW in the last 5 or 6 years. I still have family working for the Mouse so we're sticking with Florida and the benfits of Silver Pass entry for the time being. I may try Aulani, but growing up in So Cal, our annual vacations were to Hawaii and while I love Oahu (favorite place in the Islands may the the North Shore and Hale'iwa), I really can't stand Kapolei, it's way too dry and hot (we have that here, right? LOL).

5. Are you a DLR AP holder and/or WDW AP holder?
Funnily enough, I started at Disneyland in 1981, and was there through 1992. My oldest sister started in the park in 1986 and we've had at least one (sometimes 2 or 3) family members working for the Mouse ever since (including my dad on Steam Trains when he retired, and more recently my son), so I had a "claim to fame" of never having paid to enter either park from 1981 until 2019. A string of almost 40 years! In January of 2019, I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy an AP, so I could go in and get lunch or dinner or just sit whenever I wanted and didn't need to bug anyone to sign me in. Told myself I hadn't broken the streak, because I didn't HAVE to get the AP, I just WANTED to get the AP. HAHA We all know how long THAT lasted...LOL

6. What is your favorite airline when traveling to WDW and why?
Platinum Medallion member with Delta due to business travel, so it's Delta for me every time. Having their main hub in Atlanta seems to keep a good schedule at most airports in FL, and flights seem to be plentiful. They have a huge number of flights and gates at MCO. I also have a soft spot for Delta going way back to their Circlevision sponsorship in DL back in the day (the "Official Airline of Disneyland"). Old but fond memories.

7. When is your next trip to WDW?
Probably March or April of 2022. We're flexible and prefer 1 and 2 BR villas, so we have some choices. See below.

8. What is your average length of stay when visiting WDW?
I love to travel. Do lots of other things during the year (overlanding, ski/snowboard trips, etc.), and actually prefer one or two shorter trips to WDW. Our average stay has been 4 nights over the past 5 years and I think I like that. Other than a trip overseas, I'm not sure I'd like to be in one spot on a domestic vacation for a week or 10 days, but that's totally personal preference. Besides, two shorter trips makes availabilty a little easier and if you're using airline miles for travel, then it's like two vacations instead of one! See above.

9. Favorite WDW park?
MK (again, former DL CM so I have a nostalgic soft spot), with Epcot close behind.

10. Favorite DVC resort?
I've only stayed at OKW and SSR (and GCH several times in non-DVC rooms) , as far as DVC goes. Stayed at DCR, CSR, and POR for cash room stays on other trips.

11. What do you find to be your biggest frustration planning a WDW trip?
As others have said, I think I much preferred the MaxPass system at DL over Fast Passes at WDW. Biggest frustration though is booking dining. I don't know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow, or when, never mind six months from now. And locking in a block of time for dinner that far out has proven to be a bit of a scheduling boat anchor, at least for us. I'm a show up and see what happens kinda dude. We're from So Cal, right?!!!

Last edited:

Congratulations on the new membership and welcome home!

First contract is resale, but I am planning on buying direct in small contract increments going forward.

3. Where do you own?
I bought at HHI, mainly due to the low cost per point. I know the MF's are high, but I don't plan on keeping the contract. I bought resale to allow me to avoid the direct purchase minimum contract sizes for new members. Now, I will be purchasing direct at BCV in smaller increments moving forward and that will be my home resort. I'm banking on the 2022 refurb bringing the rooms up to something closer to CCV while still enjoying the beauty of Wilderness Lodge. I'll probably unload the HHI contract at the end of next year (Feb UY). With current pricing trends for resale, I should probably break even with broker fees, etc. No worries either way.

Hilton Head is lovely, we stayed there once and really enjoyed it. Are you planning on a stay there before you unload the contract?

As a former (11-years!) DL CM, we've only just started going to WDW in the last 5 or 6 years. I still have family working for the Mouse so we're sticking with Florida and the benfits of Silver Pass entry for the time being. I may try Aulani, but growing up in So Cal, our annual vacations were to Hawaii and while I love Oahu (favorite place in the Islands may the the North Shore and Hale'iwa), I really can't stand Kapolei, it's way too dry and hot (we have that here, right? LOL).

Funnily enough, I started at Disneyland in 1981, and was there through 1992. My oldest sister started in the park in 1986 and we've had at least one (sometimes 2 or 3) family members working for the Mouse ever since (including my dad on Steam Trains when he retired, and more recently my son), so I had a "claim to fame" of never having paid to enter either park from 1981 until 2019. A string of almost 40 years! In January of 2019, I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy an AP, so I could go in and get lunch or dinner or just sit whenever I wanted and didn't need to bug anyone to sign me in. Told myself I hadn't broken the streak, because I didn't HAVE to get the AP, I just WANTED to get the AP. HAHA We all know how long THAT lasted...LOL

Oh no! Sorry that happened to you! Hopefully, we'll hear about the new AP program soon.

Platinum Medallion member with Delta due to business travel, so it's Delta for me every time. Having their main hub in Atlanta seems to keep a good schedule at most airports in FL, and flights seem to be plentiful. They have a huge number of flights and gates at MCO. I also have a soft spot for Delta going way back to their Circlevision sponsorship in DL back in the day (the "Official Airline of Disneyland"). Old but fond memories.

Yup, we're starting to become Delta loyalists ourselves as we like their early morning flights to MCO.

Probably March or April of 2022. We're flexible and prefer 1 and 2 BR villas, so we have some choices. See below.

I love to travel. Do lots of other things during the year (overlanding, ski/snowboard trips, etc.), and actually prefer one or two shorter trips to WDW. Our average stay has been 4 nights over the past 5 years and I think I like that. Other than a trip overseas, I'm not sure I'd like to be in one spot on a domestic vacation for a week or 10 days, but that's totally personal preference. Besides, two shorter trips makes availabilty a little easier and if you're using airline miles for travel, then it's like two vacations instead of one! See above.

9. Favorite WDW park?
MK (again, former DL CM so I have a nostalgic soft spot), with Epcot close behind.

10. Favorite DVC resort?
I've only stayed at OKW and SSR (and GCH several times in non-DVC rooms) , as far as DVC goes. Stayed at DCR, CSR, and POR for cash room stays on other trips.

As others have said, I think I much preferred the MaxPass system at DL over Fast Passes at WDW. Biggest frustration though is booking dining. I don't know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow, or when, never mind six months from now. And locking in a block of time for dinner that far out has proven to be a bit of a scheduling boat anchor, at least for us. I'm a show up and see what happens kinda dude. We're from So Cal, right?!!!

Ah, the early morning in-the-dark wake-up is the worst! Not looking forward to that next month when our 60-day window opens for dining reservations. 🥴

Ah, the early morning in-the-dark wake-up is the worst! Not looking forward to that next month when our 60-day window opens for dining reservations. 🥴
Hilton Head is lovely, we stayed there once and really enjoyed it. Are you planning on a stay there before you unload the contract?

We'll have to see. I may take a short trip there just to say I went. I do want to visit Savannah so...

Oh no! Sorry that happened to you! Hopefully, we'll hear about the new AP program soon.

It's cool. Like everyone else, I got my money back. Only used it 4 or 5 times in the short period I was an Annual Passh......you get the idea.

Yup, we're starting to become Delta loyalists ourselves as we like their early morning flights to MCO.

Delta from LAX into MCO is a dream. Even SNA isn't too bad, but with lounges at both ends, and a new terminal next year at LAX, you can't go wrong. Love the number of flights and the arrival and departure times. We can actually go to a park (usually DHS or AK) on our last day, stay until around 3:00, then head to the airport for the flight home. Another great reason to rent a car IMO.

Ah, the early morning in-the-dark wake-up is the worst! Not looking forward to that next month when our 60-day window opens for dining reservations.

I vote for a dedicated West Coast reservation block time, so we don't start our reservation frenzy 3 hours after the East Coast...LOL

Hi, 818 resident here!

Direct

3. Where do you own?
OKW

WDW, but we (mostly I) will spend the random night at VGC when a convenient date happens to show up. For many years when the kids were young we went to WDW once per year; now (pre-Covid) I'd go several times a year, any time I see good airfare, and one son usually comes with me for one of those trips.

Neither at the moment :(. Pre-Covid I had both.

No favorite, I go with the best price and schedule for the situation and that seems to change every time.

1/10/22

7-8 nights

9. Favorite WDW park?
Probably Epcot but I love them all

10. Favorite DVC resort?
OKW

Probably the flights. I fly pretty frequently and now that I'm older I prefer to depart LAX at a decent, post-dawn hour but still arrive at MCO early enough to hit a park. And I like to depart MCO later in the day so as to once again hit a park before leaving. AND I want the best price AND when my son comes he insists on nonstop. I found a good deal for my upcoming trip in Jan., $192 RT nonstop on United. Matching the best flight schedule with resort availability can also be a challenge. In general I love planning :).

Hello California neighbors!

Anyone got tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash this year? We waited in the queue over 4 hours to get ours :sad1:

Hi, 818 resident here!

Direct

3. Where do you own?
OKW

WDW, but we (mostly I) will spend the random night at VGC when a convenient date happens to show up. For many years when the kids were young we went to WDW once per year; now (pre-Covid) I'd go several times a year, any time I see good airfare, and one son usually comes with me for one of those trips.

Neither at the moment :(. Pre-Covid I had both.

No favorite, I go with the best price and schedule for the situation and that seems to change every time.

1/10/22

7-8 nights

9. Favorite WDW park?
Probably Epcot but I love them all

10. Favorite DVC resort?
OKW

Probably the flights. I fly pretty frequently and now that I'm older I prefer to depart LAX at a decent, post-dawn hour but still arrive at MCO early enough to hit a park. And I like to depart MCO later in the day so as to once again hit a park before leaving. AND I want the best price AND when my son comes he insists on nonstop. I found a good deal for my upcoming trip in Jan., $192 RT nonstop on United. Matching the best flight schedule with resort availability can also be a challenge. In general I love planning :).
Hello and welcome to the thread!

That’s a great fare for your trip to WDW! It’s been awhile since I’ve flown United, trying to be loyal to Delta moving forward. I too, like to arrive early as our arrival day tradition is to have a nice family dinner. When we stay at PVB, we eat at ‘Ohana and if AKV, Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter