Cake Toppers

We had a bobble head made of us! This was DF choice...I had to let him pick somthing!;) We sent them pictures of ourselfs, the tux, my dress...I cant wait to see it! It hasnt gotten here yet!

Deb loves Disney and kmaclou - how did you keep the chocolate from melting/safe while in disney, on your honeymoon and/or on your way back home? We're going w/ the same topper but this part seems to be stumping me! Thanks! :worship:

Deb loves Disney and kmaclou - how did you keep the chocolate from melting/safe while in disney, on your honeymoon and/or on your way back home? We're going w/ the same topper but this part seems to be stumping me! Thanks! :worship:

We kept our chocolate topper in the box that Disney provided in our room during the honeymoon. It didn't fit in the fridge in the box, but the room was cool enough that it didn't melt. As to how we got it home in one piece, I have no idea lol We drove all the way to Canada with the topper in the cardboard box, that was in another box of wedding stuff that sat on one of the seats on the trip home. I couldn't believe that it didn't break, they must make them to be very durable!

We had the same cake topper with the silver turrets/accents.

Ours is still in the fridge, too. :rotfl: My DH asks me every couple of months what we're going to do with it. I don't have the heart to throw it out!!

That's so funny that you still have yours in the regrigerator, lol. I just can't throw it out because it wasn't cheap. Plus, I feel like throwing it out would be like throwing a piece of our wedding day out! Maybe that idea of melting it to use to cover pretzels wasn't such a bad idea. :goodvibes

We were staying in a one bedroom villa at OKW. It includes a full size refrigerator which we stored the topper in. We also drove our car down and back and since it was December the weather was cool. I think we just kept it in the paper box they give you and put that in our wedding tub that we took down with our wedding stuff for Franck's.

We kept our chocolate topper in the box that Disney provided in our room during the honeymoon. It didn't fit in the fridge in the box, but the room was cool enough that it didn't melt. As to how we got it home in one piece, I have no idea lol We drove all the way to Canada with the topper in the cardboard box, that was in another box of wedding stuff that sat on one of the seats on the trip home. I couldn't believe that it didn't break, they must make them to be very durable!

We managed to get it in the fridge while on our honeymoon, but I just carried it in the box in my carry-on bag on the flights home and it didn't show the least bit of wear. That sucker is solid! :rotfl:

That's so funny that you still have yours in the regrigerator, lol. I just can't throw it out because it wasn't cheap. Plus, I feel like throwing it out would be like throwing a piece of our wedding day out! Maybe that idea of melting it to use to cover pretzels wasn't such a bad idea. :goodvibes

Exactly! And it sucks up a lot of fridge space but I just can't do it.

We are using the Lenox Mickey and Minnie cake topper. I scored it on Ebay for only $30!!!

lenminniewedding1.jpg

That is a good deal...we had the same one and I got it on ebay for about $15 more.

The white chocolate castle does not need to be refrigerated. In fact, cold storage does more harm than good. White chocolate has very little moisture. Moisture is the primary vehicle for bacteria.

When white chocolate is refrigerated, it becomes a bit sticky. When you remove it from the fridge, that sticky feel is replaced with plain old slimey. White chocolate also absorbs odors and flavors in the fridge, kind of like a box of baking soda. So after a year, your castle will taste like a slimey onion, yuk!!

Freezing your castle is even worse. Besides the same effects from the refrigerator, freezing makes the chocolate very brittle, and your castle will most likely crack apart.

The best way to keep your castle is to store it someplace dry, and away from sunlight. As long as the castle is not placed by a heat source, it will last indefinately.

Does anyone know how heavy a cake topper can be without ruining the cake? I know from my Cake Boss phase that they can stick supports in the cake to help. I really want to use a Lenox piece with Snow White and her prince on a horse. I don't have a pic but here is a link:

http://www.lenox.com/cat/index.cfm?fuseaction=prod&pid=24932&kf=e1043&pagenum=1

It's 5 lbs. Is that like OMG impossible! or could Disney work with that?

I think that might be pushing it. Disney might suggest putting it on the cake table next to the cake and doing something smaller/lighter on top.

I know!!!! And we have it in our spare refrigerator and everytime I go to put things on that shelf and don't have space I am tempted to get rid of it but just can't. Maybe we can break it up into pieces and use it for Easter candy :rotfl: like the chocolate bunnies.

Shoot. :sad2: That's what I figured, but I couldn't help hoping for the best!

Ask your planner - I emailed pictures of the cake topper we wanted as we were worried it would be too small. Your planner will speak to the bakery and let you know. Fingers crossed for you!

That is a good deal...we had the same one and I got it on ebay for about $15 more.

Thanks! I know I was so excited!!:goodvibes I was expecting to pay $100 for it. I'm so in love with it!! We are having a snowflake design cake and I think it's going to look so pretty!!

Does anyone know how heavy a cake topper can be without ruining the cake? I know from my Cake Boss phase that they can stick supports in the cake to help. I really want to use a Lenox piece with Snow White and her prince on a horse. I don't have a pic but here is a link:

Wow, that is gorgeous!! I hope you can get it~it will look so pretty on a cake!

Wow, that is gorgeous!! I hope you can get it~it will look so pretty on a cake!

Thanks! I thought so too..... so I already have it! :rotfl: I found it from another seller on amazon for less, so I snatched it up. I will definitely use it somehow, but I would be ecstatic if they could put it on the cake. We'll see!

The weight of your topper wouldn't be an issue, but moreso the size of the base. DFTW cakes start with a 6" diameter top tier. If the base measures more than that, you may need to reconfigure the cake design.

The weight of your topper wouldn't be an issue, but moreso the size of the base. DFTW cakes start with a 6" diameter top tier. If the base measures more than that, you may need to reconfigure the cake design.

Oh goodness I hadn't even thought of that. I'm 99% sure it's larger than 6 inches. As suggested, I'm going to check with my planner just to see, but that might be a real snag. Thanks for the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter