cake pop maker??

Is Kohl's the only bm retailer that sells them? I went to my local Kohls this weekend. All they had left was the display model. Clerk said that they usually don't sell the display model. She checked with the store manager and he said that I could buy it but there is no box etc. and there would be no discount. I passed on it, figuring I could find it somewhere else. I checked my local K mart and they don't have them. I see them online, but for $42.00. Don't need it that bad. Guess I will wait until Kohls restocks.

JCPenney carries the brand. I saw the cupcake maker at ours this weekend.

Yay, I got one! Of course it was full price now. Oh well, I am happy to have it!

Has anyone ever frozen the pops before putting the stick in? I'm thinking if I need to make 50 pops, they will fit better in my freezer just as the balls, without the stick, then when I take them out to defrost I can just dip them in chocolate the day before the party. Any advice would be great, I've never made them before and will be trying my first batch tonight. :)

Has anyone tried this instead of the actual cake ball baking gizmo:
77291238.JPG

The author has a blog and has been featured on the Disney Family website, and since I couldn't justify buying a single use kitchen appliance with my counter space :lmao: I'd try them out.

:worship::faint: They ended up being the best things ever, and really simple, just a little time consuming because of the steps involved. I've been doing cake balls (haven't gotten brave enough to try pops yet, but everyone who's tried them wants more. I've been asked to make them for our Relay for Life fundraiser and a friend's birthday party. The best so far was what I call death by chocolate (devil's food cake with milk chocolate icing, covered with melted milk chocolate chips and sprinkled with chocolate jimmies).

Might be an alternative if you can't find or don't want a cake ball/ doughnut hole cooker...

:goodvibes :hippie:

I love bakerellas blog- although I am not a huge fan of the texture of the balls- the frosting mixed with cake ones. It's a frosting thing I think. That's why I am anxious to find the maker! Oh the fun I could have! I did make lego head ones off of Bakerellas site and the kids loved them. I just didn't care for the cake.

Those chicks are adorable!

Yes, but the wedding was beautiful. It was one of my best friend's daughter's wedding.

It really bothered me though that any of us would be old enough to have a child getting married! My kids are much younger than hers. She got married at 19 and had her first child at 20 or 21.

I haven't made the cake pops yet, but I did make donut holes with the recipe in the book. I used glaze on top. The kids LOVED them!

Dawn

Glad you got one! Nice windy weekend to be in A-ville!

I am going to try to make the chick pops! (Although I am going to do the cake pop maker and not the cake balls.) Those are so cute!

I think I found one at a store somewhat near me. Neither of the 2 Kohls closest to me had one. But the one CM looked up the UPC code that someone previously posted :-)hug: Thanks) and found one at a store a little ways away. They are supposedly holding it for me to pick up tonight.

Maggie

Your easter egg pops look so good!

So you had to dip the cake pops twice? Did the first not cover it or did it just look better?

Maggie

I only dipped the actual balls once. But I did dip the sticks in chocolate before I stuck them in the balls. This helped to "seal" the sticks in. Then I stuck them in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden and then dipped the whole ball into the melted chocolate. If you want to decorate the cake pops you have to do it immediately before the chocolate hardens.

The cake pop maker is on sale at Kohls this week for $19.99. I used my 15% coupon on it yesterday. I wish these were available online so I could use a 30% code. But I usually only get the 15% on my flyer.

Maggie

Scored one today at Kohls for $8.11!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

It was on sale for $19.99 then I had a save 20% and I had a $10 off coupon too! Bringing the grand total to $8.11! gotta love that. Patience paid off. I couldn't afford the $29.99 but I can afford $8!

How did you get the $10 off coupon? Was it from purcasing over $50 in goods previously?

Dawn

Scored one today at Kohls for $8.11!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

It was on sale for $19.99 then I had a save 20% and I had a $10 off coupon too! Bringing the grand total to $8.11! gotta love that. Patience paid off. I couldn't afford the $29.99 but I can afford $8!

How did you get the $10 off coupon? Was it from purcasing over $50 in goods previously?

Dawn

No it was in the paper last weekend in the Kohl's flyer

I just bought a babycakes cake online at Kohls. They are on sale for 19.99, then I got 15% off. Use code eastersale for an additional 15%. Not sure when the code expires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter