cake pop maker??

I have this pan and we used it for a birthday party last year. Brownies will hold up and cookies- but the cake fell off. Maybe if you used a dense cake like sponge cake it might work.
If I could figure out how to post pictures I would. We used the "cake pops" as party favors and I took a sheet cake and made it look like on of the little cake pops....my DD loved it!

Avon now sells these. They are 2 for 17 dollars and are made of silicone so they are foldable, bendable, easy to store.

I just saw the Babycakes Cake Pop Maker at Kohls today it was 19.99. they had the cake pop maker and the cupcake maker. I searched kohls.com and they are not on there so it must be in store only.

Why oh Why did you post this??:sick: I WANT IT!! But there's no way I'm spending $199 on it. I make so many oreo truffles for the holidays and it would save so much time (but not $199 worth of time).

Seriously though, thanks for posting this. I'm going to watch for them to come out on the market and perhaps they may be less expensive once the company is up and running.

The babycakes cake pop maker actually looks like a nice idea to me, it's basically cake on a stick (without having to mix in the frosting like traditional cake pops).

I made regular cake pops for a family gathering, and though they were adorable, I did not like how they tasted at all. Mixed up cake and frosting molded into a pop just wasn't appetizing for me, they made cute decorations, but no one in my family would eat them. I tried the cake and frosting separately and they were both good, but mixed up together I just couldn't stomach it. If it makes a difference I've tried the oreo truffles several times and those are not a big hit around here either, must be a texture thing since both the cake pops and oreo truffles are similar in texture.

I know people love the original cake pops, but to me it's a waste if no one eats them. I think the cake pop maker is a better idea for my family because it's all cake (no frosting) that I can dip and decorate just like regular cake pops and my family is more likely to enjoy them that way. I'm going to look for the babycakes cake pop maker at my local Kohl's and see if I can find it, it'd be great cause I have a $10 giftcard to use up anyway!

The babycakes cake pop maker actually looks like a nice idea to me, it's basically cake on a stick (without having to mix in the frosting like traditional cake pops).

I made regular cake pops for a family gathering, and though they were adorable, I did not like how they tasted at all. Mixed up cake and frosting molded into a pop just wasn't appetizing for me, they made cute decorations, but no one in my family would eat them. I tried the cake and frosting separately and they were both good, but mixed up together I just couldn't stomach it. If it makes a difference I've tried the oreo truffles several times and those are not a big hit around here either, must be a texture thing since both the cake pops and oreo truffles are similar in texture.

I know people love the original cake pops, but to me it's a waste if no one eats them. I think the cake pop maker is a better idea for my family because it's all cake (no frosting) that I can dip and decorate just like regular cake pops and my family is more likely to enjoy them that way. I'm going to look for the babycakes cake pop maker at my local Kohl's and see if I can find it, it'd be great cause I have a $10 giftcard to use up anyway!

Don't forget to use use a coupon too, if there are any available right now.
Maggie

Dog gonnit people! I WANT ONE!

There was someone who posted making some of these a while back.....were they LGMs? I can't remember.

Would I really use it? That is the question.

Dawn

Why oh Why did you post this??:sick: I WANT IT!! But there's no way I'm spending $199 on it. I make so many oreo truffles for the holidays and it would save so much time (but not $199 worth of time).

Seriously though, thanks for posting this. I'm going to watch for them to come out on the market and perhaps they may be less expensive once the company is up and running.

Sorry:rolleyes1 I really want one too but def couldn't see spending that much. I keep thinking hmmm, what could I use to get the same results without buying one. So far I haven't come up with anything so maybe one day they will be less, much less. I'm waiting for the $19.95 price range :rotfl2:

Sorry:rolleyes1 I really want one too but def couldn't see spending that much. I keep thinking hmmm, what could I use to get the same results without buying one. So far I haven't come up with anything so maybe one day they will be less, much less. I'm waiting for the $19.95 price range :rotfl2:

My first thought was somehow using some Wilton flower forming trays

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/pr...0AF10&fid=5BF9F3F4-1E0B-C910-EAB6E3095B1960D2

If you could secure these to a board or something. Then another set for the top? I'm still in the drawing stages on a cheap alternative! :teacher:

Maggie

I just bought the purple babycakes pop maker at Kohl's tonight!

It was $19.99, and with my 30% off coupon, I got it for $14! I had to get it! My DD wants a cake party for her birthday next month. This will be to cute. Can't wait to try it!

OH! I am going by Kohl's tomorrow! How did you find a 30% off coupon?

Dawn

I just bought the purple babycakes pop maker at Kohl's tonight!

It was $19.99, and with my 30% off coupon, I got it for $14! I had to get it! My DD wants a cake party for her birthday next month. This will be to cute. Can't wait to try it!

OH! I am going by Kohl's tomorrow! How did you find a 30% off coupon?

Dawn

If you are a kohls charge member, they periodically send you % off coupons. Sometimes its 15%, sometimes its 20% and sometimes its 30%.

Maggie

I see. Yeah, I rarely shop at Kohls ever, so I probably won't be getting a charge card there.

$19 is still much better than the ebay $42 with shipping charges!

Dawn

If you are a kohls charge member, they periodically send you % off coupons. Sometimes its 15%, sometimes its 20% and sometimes its 30%.

Maggie

I tried mine out tonight...we like! I made the recipe for the chocolate cake that it came with and the vanilla glaze. My DS9 loves the cake doughnut holes from KK...so I figured this would be great for him. They came out light and fluffy like a piece of cake would be. I never liked the ones that were mixed with the frosting either because they were so heavy to me....I do know several people that like them, they just weren't for me.

So, anyway, my review, I LOVE IT! I will be using it to make treats for my DD11's bday party next weekend. It is so easy to use, just like a waffle iron. To me it is so worth the money because I can whip up a quick treat for the kids and it will cost next to nothing and won't heat up the whole kitchen.

So, here are my doughnut holes....

210805040_photobucket_24733_.jpg

I tried mine out tonight...we like! I made the recipe for the chocolate cake that it came with and the vanilla glaze. My DS9 loves the cake doughnut holes from KK...so I figured this would be great for him. They came out light and fluffy like a piece of cake would be. I never liked the ones that were mixed with the frosting either because they were so heavy to me....I do know several people that like them, they just weren't for me.

So, anyway, my review, I LOVE IT! I will be using it to make treats for my DD11's bday party next weekend. It is so easy to use, just like a waffle iron. To me it is so worth the money because I can whip up a quick treat for the kids and it will cost next to nothing and won't heat up the whole kitchen.

So, here are my doughnut holes....

Thanks for posting this!

Can you use a regular cake mix?

Yes, I bought one today as well and experimented. I bought a marble cake mix and it worked fine!!! They cook so quickly. I'm trying itnout to try and make cake pops for DS's graduation open house. The problem I have is, I bought the meltable choc discs and tried to dip them, although they tasted great, I don't know how to get them to look smooth/presentable. Any suggestions?

On the Babycakes website I was reading how to make them and it mentioned adding melted butter, oil, or crisco to the melted candies if it gets too thick, it will thin the mix out and create a smoother texture.

But just know that is what I read, I have never tried them!

Dawn

Yes, I bought one today as well and experimented. I bought a marble cake mix and it worked fine!!! They cook so quickly. I'm trying itnout to try and make cake pops for DS's graduation open house. The problem I have is, I bought the meltable choc discs and tried to dip them, although they tasted great, I don't know how to get them to look smooth/presentable. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter