Cafe Mickey

Caz01

Earning My Ears
Hi

I am new to this!

We went to DLP in May for 2 days but it was over a weekend so fairly busy!! We made the most of the kids under 7 free AP so we are going again on the 6th to the 10th. Booked the Eurotunnel using clubcard vouchers and we are staying at the Residhome Val D'Europe apartments, (hoping they are OK!!)

One of the evenings we want to eat at Cafe Mickey, probably not the Saturday as it's our first day, which evening do you think would be best? Sun, Mon or Tues? What time is best to book in the evening for seeing the characters? Do they come out all evening?

And lastly, which characters do they have or does it vary greatly? I have Minnie and Princess loving dd aged 4, and two ds's aged 10 and 5 into POTC and Toy Story!

Thanks in advance for any help

Caroline

Hi Caroline

I would say the monday or tuesday would be the best time to book cafe mickey because at the weekends the parks and disney village are generally busier. I think it opens at about 6 and the characters start appearing about 15 mins after opening. When we have been there have always been the traditional characters like mickey and minnie. I have never seen the disney princesses, toy story or potc but that doesnt mean they dont appear. Maybe others who reply will have seen more.

Hope this helps
Lisa

Hi Caroline and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here and details regarding help on signatures here

Main characters here seem to be Mickey (of course), Pluto, Goofy, Smee, Robin Hood, Sherriff, etc

Also add Captain Hook, Baloo, the Genie, Stitch (he's gross the boys will love his antics).
Here he is poking about in DS's ear.
Eurodisney2006005.jpg

CM is open all day, starting with their character breakfasts, then lunches and finally dinner. We mad a res. for 6.30 and didn't leave until almost 9.00, it's very easy to spend the evening in there and you don't feel you're being hurried at all, we saw all the characters above as well as the ones mentioned by other posters. Minnie will probably get all the children upto dance with her which I think your DD will love

For the boy's you could try the Blue Lagoon, I have read that Captain Jack Sparrow has been seen in there and Pizza Planet, apparently sometimes the Toy Story characters can appear there. :)

We met Jessie and Woody outside the 'Cowboy Cookout'. We went to City Hall and asked if they did appearances, and where they would be, and they sent us off here. Well, we waited and waited but they didn't come. We were really disappointed, but went back the next day on the offchance. As it happened, we saw a CM in the area and asked him if they were coming today, we explained we had waited the previous day and they hadn't shown up. So he got on his walkie talkie thingy and in 10 minutes, they turned up :cool1:
It was brilliant, DS (also Toy Story mad) was absolutely in awe of what he told us after was 'seeing his heroes'.

Buzz on the other hand..well it was a flipping nightmare trying to catch him off the character express. We were queueing nicely but people were barging in all over the place, we turned to leave the scrum as it was awful and scary but Buzz pushed the crowd back and beckoned my son over, he made everyone stand out of the way so I could get a good photo too!

We had a meal in Cafe Mickey on our last night....I really wish we had done it on our first night though as it would have saved some of the stresses we had with characters leading up to then. We booked for 6.30 but arrived around 6.15, we were seated right away upstairs and had loads of character interaction. We saw Gepetto, Genie, Captain Hook (very in character!), Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto,...can't think who else, but I'd def say go for an earlier booking as when we left it was heaving!

Oh, just forgot to add, we saw Jack Sparrow on a couple of days just wandering around by the Pirate Beach play area.We didn't go to see him as DS was scared but that may help you in your quest for pleasing the boys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter