CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Thanks for the info. I think it may be easier to just get a Lyft to the store and back again, instead of trying to figure out what to order in advance.

We use Prime Now (Whole Foods) for groceries and just pay an extra $5 for the one hour time slot. Normally we order while in the Uber from the airport to hotel. Wine and beer included too!

Does anyone know the prices on the arcade games at Cabana? My kids want to plan ahead and save some money and would like to know how much they should plan for ;) Thanks!

Buses run every 10-15 minutes from an hour before EPA until an hour after parks close. The drop off/pickup point is just above the Security screening area for the Parks/Citywalk. Citywalk is the main entertainment area and it’s right after security and the moving walkways.

So temp check is done at the hotel, then you get dropped off in the old valet area?
Is there a separate security check line if you already have your temperature wristband?
thanks!

Does anyone know the prices on the arcade games at Cabana? My kids want to plan ahead and save some money and would like to know how much they should plan for ;) Thanks!
If know one knows, I’ll be there in less than two weeks and I can check for you.

We haven’t been to Cabana since Oct ‘19 so I’m not sure if it’s different with Covid? But for the arcade We bought a couple $10-$20 cards (they take card credits) and that was enough to win a good amount of tickets for a few small prizes.

So temp check is done at the hotel, then you get dropped off in the old valet area?
Is there a separate security check line if you already have your temperature wristband?
thanks!
If you're at the hotel, temp check was done walking into the door at check in or prior to getting on the bus to get dropped off at City Walk. I'm not sure where there was one in City Walk (I mean from the parking garage area, I honestly don't remember.) We would always leave by the front entrance to make sure we had an updated wristband.

Last edited:

I went back a few pages and can't seem to find my answer so I'll ask...

Is the bowling alley open now during covid times? Also, can someone clarify the pool situation. What pools are open and when? We'll be coming in late April...not sure if we are staying at Cabana Bay yet, but I'm doing research on amenities that are available. Thanks all!

Is the bowling alley open now during covid times? Also, can someone clarify the pool situation. What pools are open and when? We'll be coming in late April...not sure if we are staying at Cabana Bay yet, but I'm doing research on amenities that are available. Thanks all!
We bowled in Oct/Nov 2020. I don't remember the pool - we did use both and we were there Sat, Sun and Mon. I can report back in a couple weeks!

As for the arcade, i know the one at Royal Pacific has been closed since COVID. Been there in Oct 2020, and the beginning of this month, and it was closed.

We will be there then too! Arrive Tuesday April 27 for three days.
The last I heard (on facebook) was that during the week only one pool was open.
As long as the lazy river is open, we will be happy. We'll also be going to the Volcano Bay for at least one day.
I wish Sapphire was opening earlier, so while we were there. I heard people walked from Cabana Bay to there to catch the water boat.

Has anyone rented a cabana? Thinking about it for our upcoming trip in June, but I'm wondering if it's worth it for 3 adults.

Another post-covid question that I don't remember from my fall trip last year...

Microwaves - are they still available in the Bayliner Diner seating area? I remember an area roped off with a cast member- the kid going with me this time likes popcorn so wasn't sure if the microwaves are still available for self serve or with assistance anymore.

Another post-covid question that I don't remember from my fall trip last year...

Microwaves - are they still available in the Bayliner Diner seating area? I remember an area roped off with a cast member- the kid going with me this time likes popcorn so wasn't sure if the microwaves are still available for self serve or with assistance anymore.
I am here now. In the seating area with the drinks. There is a microwave and toaster for guests to use.

Last I had seen they still had prepackaged items. Salads were in plastic containers.

We were there 3/10-3/13. Bowling is open, fire pit was on when we walked past Tuesday afternoon, slide pool is open thurs-sunday, salads are prepackaged.

We loved this resort, the family suite was perfect for our family of 5 and the walk to volcano bay was so easy. Busses were abundant with good social distancing.

Was there all last week. I have to say the busses were exceptional. Even in the morning with Early Entry - they had a huge line of guests. There were 5 busses waiting to be filled and as soon as one left another one arrived. Barely ever waited for a bus there.

Was there all last week. I have to say the busses were exceptional. Even in the morning with Early Entry - they had a huge line of guests. There were 5 busses waiting to be filled and as soon as one left another one arrived. Barely ever waited for a bus there.
I was super surprised to see Mears busses (like...school bus style seating) taking people to the parks every morning when we were there!

We are doing our first stay at Universal (second time at the parks) April 21-25. We will be at Disney April 16-21. We are planning on taking Uber from POP to CBBR early on the 21st. My question is, since we will be arriving probably by 8am, does CBBR have a place to leave our luggage until our room is ready? We will plan on dropping everything off and getting our park tickets and then spending the day in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter