CA - DVC, Possible Third Park - a la Discovery Cove!!!

Thanks for the link. I misread your comments thinking that Disney was going to try to build a Discovery Cove type of park in California, but I see that they are just referencing some type of park with high admission price and exclusive experience. That could be a lot of things, and it would be interesting to see what kind of "once in a lifetime" park Disney could dream up.

We've been to Discovery Cove and it's truly amazing. With Disney's imagination and money, it would be fun to see which direction they would go! :)

Thanks for the link. I misread your comments thinking that Disney was going to try to build a Discovery Cove type of park in California, but I see that they are just referencing some type of park with high admission price and exclusive experience. That could be a lot of things, and it would be interesting to see what kind of "once in a lifetime" park Disney could dream up.

We've been to Discovery Cove and it's truly amazing. With Disney's imagination and money, it would be fun to see which direction they would go! :)

So you enjoyed Discovery Cove? We have it on our list of things to try on "car rental" trips. Just started seeing commercials for it recently. Did you swim with the dolphins?

So you enjoyed Discovery Cove? We have it on our list of things to try on "car rental" trips. Just started seeing commercials for it recently. Did you swim with the dolphins?
Discovery Cove is phenomenal ! :thumbsup2

Yes, we swam with the dolphins and it was unbelievable. Beyond that, it was a day of utter relaxation and enjoyment. Yes, it's pricy but when you realize you don't pay additional for parking, a great lunch (not theme park food), wet suit/snorkel loans, etc it really isn't all that outlandish.

We've done it twice and the second time just let the children swim with the dolphins while we watched (and took pictures).

The maximum attendance at DC is 1,000 people which spread out over the park makes it feel very uncrowded and intimate.

If Disney is looking at building something along that the lines of this kind of experience, that would be very cool! :)

Yes, we swam with the dolphins and it was unbelievable. Beyond that, it was a day of utter relaxation and enjoyment. Yes, it's pricy but when you realize you don't pay additional for parking, a great lunch (not theme park food), wet suit/snorkel loans, etc it really isn't all that outlandish.

We've done it twice and the second time just let the children swim with the dolphins while we watched (and took pictures).

The maximum attendance at DC is 1,000 people which spread out over the park makes it feel very uncrowded and intimate.

If Disney is looking at building something along that the lines of this kind of experience, that would be very cool! :)

Good to hear! We saw the pricing on the DC website and didn't really find it "out of the park" for what you get. It will go on the "To Do List" !

Getting excited to visit your favorite DVC in May! After this winter it can't come soon enough.

I have to agree with Granny! It was an amazing experience and the park is beautiful! It is a really nice break from the theme parks. Completely relaxing!
We went when the park was fairly new. If you have the opportunity to go, you should!
I think they still give you tickets for Sea World too! Something like 7 days!?
Our problem was, we just didn't have enough days to spend there!:rotfl:

One more thing.... You need to budget for the video and pictures! That's where they really get you!:rotfl:

Can't wait! :banana: Always wanted to visit CA, Hawaii, etc. and can't think of a better way than doing it DIS style! Now...it's a matter of waiting. :coffee:

Thanks so much for the post! Great article! :thumbsup2

Does Disney own Discovery Cove?
No, it's owned by same folks as Sea World...Anheuser-Busch. We were just saying that if Disney did something as cool as DC in California, it would be very nice indeed.

PinkTink63 said:
One more thing.... You need to budget for the video and pictures! That's where they really get you!
Oh, no doubt about that! Don't forget the keychains with the personalized dolphin encounter photos in them too! Yes, I'll admit we bought the pictures because no way our camera was good enough, nor could we get the right angle, to take a good enough picture. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter