BWV refurbishment?

SleepyatDVC

DIS Veteran
Just got back from WDW - visited the boardwalk area one evening and noticed scafolding (sp?) on most of the boardwalk view units at BWV.

Some kind of major refurbishment going on at BWV? How long will it be going on? Anyone know what percentage of the units are affected?

Wonder if that's one of the major reasons it's been so hard to get into BWV lately.

Anyone just back from BWV or have the inside scoop?

Next trip in 6 months!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Reportedly that area is to be worked on through May. They announced they were going to be doing it several months ago.

Originally posted by SleepyatDVC
Just got back from WDW - visited the boardwalk area one evening and noticed scafolding (sp?) on most of the boardwalk view units at BWV.
Wonder if that's one of the major reasons it's been so hard to get into BWV lately.

I stayed at the BWI first week in January after trying to get a studio at the BWV for same time period. I was told that not all villas were available for occupancy because of the refurbishment at that time. I, too, have been wondering how many units have been down at any given time and how the refurbishment has affected availability.

Any one have any ideas?

At the annual meeting in Dec., it was reported that the refurbishment will go into 2003. The sections that have been completed look great, though. (I'm, glad I have the 11-month window!)

I was there President's Week. I asked at the front desk and they said about 1/3rd of the units were being worked on -- most of the Boardwalk views on the front and all of the rooms facing the quiet pool.

anybody know what they are doing?? Just painting the outside? Or are they also painting the rooms and and renovating the inisde with new tiles, counters,etc?????

They actually finished repainting all the rooms and did internal refurbishment last year except for the Grand Villas (that internal work started in 2000). My understanding of what is going on now is mostly repair and painting of the outside. The area along the boardwalk is supposed to be completed by late May (which includes repainting and refurbishing the insides of the GV's). The outside work is being done on a rolling basis and as they finish each scheduled major area (like boardwalk and quiet pool now) they will move onto others.

Thanks for the replies! Wow, 1/3 seems an awful lot!

Even with an eleven month advantage, we're still wait-listed for 1 nite of our Sept. trip. :( Glad BCV are opening up across the lake to relieve some of the demand.

When they work on the entrance of the resort, the standard view rooms will be unavailable. :( That won't make me happy, but I know the outside really needs to be done, and I miss the little awnings. Might be a good time for me to check out another DVC resort. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter