BWV or SSR

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
In January, I was able to get a 1 bedroom at BWV for 3 nights. We also want to do a stay at SSR because that is where we own and one of my family members really liked it when we went to do a tour.
If you had your choice of 5 nights between the 2 would you do 3 nights BWV 2 nights SSR or vice versa?
We are not planning on doing parks this time, but we might want to enjoy the activities. This will also be our first DVC trip as owners. What are some activities that would move towards staying longer at one than the other?

If you are not doing the Parks, my advice is to stay the 3 nights at SSR for the proximity to Disney Springs. Lots to check out there and you can grab a bus to any of the other resorts.

2 nights at the BWV is long enough to take a ride on the Skyliner, visit Riviera, try out a few nearby resort restaurants, check out the Boardwalk's evening activities & the pool, and maybe play a little minigolf.

Enjoy the trip!

Last edited:
BWV has a huge advantage ... when you are going to Epcot and DHS.
SSR has a huge advantage going to Disney Springs, plus has 2 feature pools.
Right now BWV doesn’t have everything open on the Boardwalk.
If you aren’t going to the parks, I’d lean 3 SSR and 2 BWV if I had to do a split stay (I’m not a huge split stay fan)

If you are not doing the Parks, my advice is to stay the 3 nights at SSR for the proximity to Disney Springs. Lots to check out there and you can grab a bus to any of the other resorts.

2 nights at the BWV is long enough to take a ride on the Skyliner visit Riviera, try out a few nearby resort restaurants, check out the Boardwalk's evening activities & the pool, and maybe play a little minigolf.

Enjoy the trip!
Those are some good points. Are you talking about the minigolf across the street?

If it is not the food and wine festival, it is SSR all the way for me. The rooms were all just renovated and no more pull out sofas. They have been replaced with much more comfortable Murphy beds.

If it is not the food and wine festival, it is SSR all the way for me. The rooms were all just renovated and no more pull out sofas. They have been replaced with much more comfortable Murphy beds.
That is something that our family likes. I think all the new renovations should include the murphy bed. It saves room in the living area and probably is more comfortable

That is something that our family likes. I think all the new renovations should include the murphy bed. It saves room in the living area and probably is more comfortable
The couch has to be about 1’ from the wall (due to the mattress) and the couch is less comfortable (it’s basically cushions on plywood as the couch base slides forward and lowers as the bed is lowered. I think they can improve the comfort of the couch in future versions.
But I’m still a fan of the Murphy couch because it’s a better overall option.
I believe the Murphy bed will be included in most future full renovations. OKW has windows behind the couch so they may not be an option.

The couch has to be about 1’ from the wall (due to the mattress) and the couch is less comfortable (it’s basically cushions on plywood as the couch base slides forward and lowers as the bed is lowered. I think they can improve the comfort of the couch in future versions.
We find the sofabed couches horrible to sit on as the bottom cushions slide - we find ourselves uncomfortably slumped after a few minutes, so just sit in the kitchen chairs (kind of defeats the idea of having a couch tho :confused3 ). We found the Murphy bed couch soooooooo much better, firm yet comfortable support, without the cushion shifting & sliding that puts one in an incredibly uncomfortable, back-killing position. As much as we love the BWVs, we can't wait until they change out the horrific sofabeds for Murphy bed/couches.

2 nights at the BWV is long enough to take a ride on the Skyliner, visit Riviera, try out a few nearby resort restaurants, check out the Boardwalk's evening activities & the pool, and maybe play a little minigolf.

Enjoy the trip!
100% this 👆

I would say SSR! People sleep on it but it is just absolutely amazing. Walking to Disney Springs is a top perk too.

If you had your choice of 5 nights between the 2 would you do 3 nights BWV 2 nights SSR or vice versa?
We are not planning on doing parks this time, but we might want to enjoy the activities.
For a non-park stay, I'd be inclined to do all five nights at SSR. I've done split stays, but that's when I have a theme park I can visit between checking out of one and into another. And, TBH I prefer to settle in a single place for my trip. You can easily visit other resorts from there (via the Disney Springs bus depot) if you want to e.g. ride the Skyliner, etc. I've found the Boardwalk area a little lackluster even when everything there is open; not at all comparable to Disney Springs. Finally, I'd probably find it hard to be on a theme park's doorstep and never go in!

So some rooms came up and I thought I ask what everyone thinks. We are doing the SSR part of the trip still but a 1 bedroom at BLT came available and a studio at poly. Should I stay with a BWV 1 bedroom or should I go to BLT? In the future which of these rooms would be the hardest to book at the 7 month mark?

So some rooms came up and I thought I ask what everyone thinks. We are doing the SSR part of the trip still but a 1 bedroom at BLT came available and a studio at poly. Should I stay with a BWV 1 bedroom or should I go to BLT? In the future which of these rooms would be the hardest to book at the 7 month mark?
Predicted DVC booking patterns - Studios, 1-BD & 2-BD charts (September 2019 2-BD added!) | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com
In general, Studios are the hardest to book.
Since you said you won't be going to the parks, I would stick with BoardWalk - there is more to do in the area than BLT or Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter