BWV, BLT or AKL

berti13

Earning My Ears
I'm having a very hard time deciding which DVC location to choose. Our family of 5 (Mom, Dad, 15 year old boy, 10 year old girl and 4 year old girl) are traveling with our friends who are a family of 3 (Mom, Dad and 14 year old boy) for 7 nights in June 2023. We've decided a 2BR lock-off is the correct room type so that each family can have a separate entrance and a bit of separation if needed. The older kids are very excited for GOTG and Tron. Parents favorite park is EP, especially in the evenings. 4 Year old loves AK. We are a late night family and will rarely, if ever, do a rope drop. All the kids love pools and waterparks so we'll be doing that a lot. Right now I have us booked in a GV at BWV, I choose this mainly for the proximity to two parks but also the option to avoid folding the stroller when leaving the parks late at night with a sleeping 4 year old. I'm having second thoughts and wondering if we should switch to one of the resorts that has sleeping locations for 5 in the 1 Bedroom portion of the lock off since we could avoid the hassle of an air mattress; I'm specifically looking at BLT lake view and AKL savannah view because they are both open the full week and would also give us an extra bathroom on the 1BR side. What's more important? location (BWV wins) or room layout (BLT or AKV)? Which would you choose??

Nothing beats BLT in my opinion for size and location. AKV is way too far from everything. And transportation for BLT - monorail to EPCOT and walk to MK, gives it an edge over AKV. I do love BWV, but the rooms are definitely smaller.

If you choose to change resorts, for your circumstances, BLT would be my choice
2 reasons over AKL, 1. Stroller issues, walk to MK and monorail to Epcot. Bear in mind, you will have to break down stroller to get on escalator or use elevator at contemporary to get to monorail, also remember you will need to transfer at TTC.
2. AKL, you will have to bus or drive everywhere which means you will need to break down stroller every time
Don’t get me wrong, I love AKL, but for your reasons, avoid that one

BLT seems to be the winner. Thanks!
We just stayed at BLT -- it was my wife, my sister, and my parents (77 and 78 years old). We initially weren't having sister, mom and dad stay on points but we ended up getting them a 1 bedroom to share. Luckily we were given connecting rooms with our studio so it was essentially a 2 bedroom lockoff. This was the perfect location for our dynamic. Dad used a wheelchair. The monorail worked well for that in getting to EP, but getting back was not as fun. Should have taken advantage of the elevators at the stations.

But, what I am trying to say is that in your situation I think a 2 bedroom lockoff at BLT would be perfect. Lots of space.

Right now I have us booked in a GV at BWV,

What, you already have GV booked!? BWV is awesome and the location for 2 parks is unbeatable. We love Epcot and I am always closing out the park as the DW chills in the villa. For all the people you are having, I'd stay at the GV. The new retheming on the BWV pool is great. BLT is good, but we have come to love our new add-on at BWV a lot more.

Either way, you do what makes you happy and have fun.

Yes, I do already have a 2-BR lock-off garden view at Boardwalk booked. I grabbed that right at 7 months as I think that's the perfect location for us. But then I started having second thoughts and wondering if the extra bathroom was worth moving locations for. Maybe I'm just over thinking.......

GV = Grand Villa which is why I was a little confused too since that would be much much more spacious than a 2 BR. Personally I would switch to a 2 BR with a 3rd bathroom. Walkability to a preferred park Vs convenience of an extra bathroom + extra sleeping surface + walkability to MK (assuming you pick BLT). Your choice ultimately.

GV = Grand Villa which is why I was a little confused too since that would be much much more spacious than a 2 BR. Personally I would switch to a 2 BR with a 3rd bathroom. Walkability to a preferred park Vs convenience of an extra bathroom + extra sleeping surface + walkability to MK (assuming you pick BLT). Your choice ultimately.
I was perplexed by the use of "GV" too! LOL!!! I agree, I would go with BLT in OP's situation.

I'm biased because I own BLT but I would choose BLT. Large 1-2 BR layout. Sleeps 5-9. 2-3 Full bathrooms. There's an entire laundry room. Walking distance to MK. Monorail to Epcot. Long contract length (2060). One of the lowest in annual dues. Great restaurants and lounges. You can also access every other resorts via bus or boat by walking to MK first. Can't beat it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter